Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No mmorpg has captured that one moment in time, like WoW has.

2»

Comments

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

There's only 1 magic moment (cue the song) for me.

I was running through a zone in EverQuest, had a chat with some Dwarves then started seeing a ton of chatter going on in the zone, I took my then 30 Ogre Warrior to see what all this Ring War commotion was & my god I'd never seen so many players in one zone before, they were everywhere & there were swarms of giants everywhere I looked.

Corpses of giants & players were everywhere & it was chaotic at first until I got a handle on what was going on, I swapped over to my dps weapon & waded in, reminded myself not to taunt & had an absolute blast, I died a few times & got rezzed buffed up to the eyeballs & went back at it.

Nothings ever come close to that time.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to play EQ in 99/00  before it became what everyone hates in MMOs these days.   The EQ of 99 is a complete 180 of what EQ has turned into now.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by nomatics856

Originally posted by AgentAnarkii

EVE Did it for me, the first actual huge alliance battle i participated in, i was nervous, just bought my first megathron and fitted full T2 Modules, actually feeling like i had something at stake, remembering when my ship was almost popped and the gut feeling i had was horrible, and the hope i got as a logistics ship repped me back to full armor, and my cap was recharged for my shield boosters, good times, we barely made it out alive and lost a pos. That was the greatest MMO moment i've ever had, except when WAR first came out and i remember getting to 40 on Iron Rock on my Shadow Warrior and the pvp was amazing to me, huge battles, thats gone too though. Sucks...

everything was good till this. No.

lol the one meaningful PvP experience gets scoffed at.

• AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173

Originally posted by helthros

Originally posted by nomatics856

Originally posted by AgentAnarkii

EVE Did it for me, the first actual huge alliance battle i participated in, i was nervous, just bought my first megathron and fitted full T2 Modules, actually feeling like i had something at stake, remembering when my ship was almost popped and the gut feeling i had was horrible, and the hope i got as a logistics ship repped me back to full armor, and my cap was recharged for my shield boosters, good times, we barely made it out alive and lost a pos. That was the greatest MMO moment i've ever had, except when WAR first came out and i remember getting to 40 on Iron Rock on my Shadow Warrior and the pvp was amazing to me, huge battles, thats gone too though. Sucks...

everything was good till this. No.

lol the one meaningful PvP experience gets scoffed at.

Yeah tell me about it, but i'm not going to stress it, it was a blast for me and in any gaming thats what really matters