Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware begins stealth forum censorship.

slipfeedslipfeed Member UncommonPosts: 88

So I posted a few things on the sage forums today.  I've been outspoken about my distaste for the changes since the patch notes hit.

I logged in, posted, and closed my browser.  Then, I went back to check on the threads....

This is what the page looks like when im logged in.

This is what the page looks like when I log out, clear my bowser catch and access the page as an anonymous user...

As you can see, when I am logged in, the posts I made are visible.   However, noone else can see them.  So, im pretty sure my account has been flagged for censorship, but I was never made aware of this.

When something like this starts to happen, you know a game is screwed.  Developers would rather try to control the message than fix the game.

Sanity is a delusion. The only truth is madness.

Comments

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

I see the times are different, but I suppose that has to do with resetting the cache.

Also, the threads are in different positions, possibly indicating there was activity. In fact, the original time is 8 hours behind the 2nd time. You can tell this by the sticky thread where the dev last posted in December. The threads you posted in do have activity later than you posted in. (All you have to do is subtract 8 hrs from the shown time, and its later than the time you posted).

Did you bother to check the threads to see if you were still there?

• slipfeedslipfeed Member UncommonPosts: 88

Originally posted by Golelorn

I see the times are different, but I suppose that has to do with resetting the cache.

Also, the threads are in different positions, possibly indicating there was activity.

My thread was the last post in each thread.  When logged in as of the time of these screenshots, my post is visible as the last post in each of the two threads inidcating the last post by "slipfeed" in the screens.

When logged out they do not exist.

Also, when logged in, the threads I posted in come up at the top of the forum, because they are the most recently active threads (because of my posts).

When logged out only one of the threads comes up on the first page, because it is not taking my posts into account.

The posts where made, then the first screen was taken after I noticed it, then the second.  If there had been a re-orginization due to activity the chronological order is backwards.

So Either bioware is panicing and trying to censor anyone that is against what they did to the game in 1.2, or they have found a way to reverse the flow of time and space.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Whats up with the blank original post?

Heh .....strange

~Hairysun

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Care to explain what's going on in these two images? 

A) You didn't tell us your username so we can't look for it.

B) The two screenshots look almost identicle save for paste positions & time stamps.

What exactly are we supposed to be looking for here?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Originally posted by slipfeed

Also, the threads are in different positions, possibly indicating there was activity.

My thread was the last post in each thread.  When logged in as of the time of these screenshots, my post is visible as the last post in each of the two threads inidcating the last post by "slipfeed" in the screens.

When logged out they do not exist.

Your post are there. You must have traveled back in time somehow... back button maybe? Who knows, but you can put the tin foil hat down.

• frispfrisp Member UncommonPosts: 30

Just logged in to check, can see your posts no problem :)

edit - still the top post in the forum as of now

regards

frisp

Old Today , 05:51 PM | #9

Quote: Originally Posted by Samaul View Post

I heal in pvp and pve, ops, warzones, world pvp and I am not having any issues with healing. With gaurd on me from a strong tank, I am nigh on invulnerable in pvp. I cant say that I feel OP and I have noticed a slight nerf but all of the sage healing qq is mostly hyperbole. I have noticed that I always get a gaurd on me in pvp, I am usually the top healer and I get more medals in warzones than pre-1.2.

Suck it up Sage Seers and get out there and heal 

I found a picture of the OP.

Old Today , 05:54 PM | #27

I still say the most fun thing to do with a sage after 1.2, is to re-roll marauder and let my cat sit on the keyboard after I target a sage...

Watching them die to the unstoppable gaming capability's of my cat is just.... hilarious

Is this familiar?

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162

I've often wondered how they police their forums as many curious things have happened before.

There's been times when I've looked at a thread such as (server population is dropping) only to have that thread totally disappear for 15 min plus.I mean page 1 and then gone for 15 min,then magically show up again.They also are very very agressive about combining negative threads that even resemble each other.

Honestly from what I've seen they've deleted 80% of the negative threads through combining/deleting/moving.Pretty sad when one see's fit to do this to try and cover the problem up.

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Care to explain what's going on in these two images? 

A) You didn't tell us your username so we can't look for it.

B) The two screenshots look almost identicle save for paste positions & time stamps.

What exactly are we supposed to be looking for here?

I cant give you my user name in a post here, because it's possible mmorpg.com may have a terms of service line indicating that you are not to give out account info...

However, if you look at the user names in the "last post by" field, and the user name im currently posting under.......

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Here is the last post by you in that thread that I can see without logging in:

Slipfeed 

I still say the most fun thing to do with a sage after 1.2, is to re-roll marauder and let my cat sit on the keyboard after I target a sage...

Watching them die to the unstoppable gaming capability's of my cat is just.... hilarious.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

And in the other one, this:

Slipfeed 

I heal in pvp and pve, ops, warzones, world pvp and I am not having any issues with healing. With gaurd on me from a strong tank, I am nigh on invulnerable in pvp. I cant say that I feel OP and I have noticed a slight nerf but all of the sage healing qq is mostly hyperbole. I have noticed that I always get a gaurd on me in pvp, I am usually the top healer and I get more medals in warzones than pre-1.2.

Watching them die to the unstoppable gaming capability's of my cat is just.... hilarious

Is this familiar?

What do you know... it seems my posts have magiclly appeared after I took screens and made a post on another well traficed mmorpg site.

However, that does not change the fact that the above screenshots prove they where not visible unless I was logged into my account as of the time of these screens.

There is some seriously funny stuff going on with SWTOR.

• DwigoDwigo Member UncommonPosts: 51

Umm, you do know that when other people post in the threads you will not be listed as the last poster anymore? Instead of looking there how about checking in the threads themselves, but good job on the conspiracy theory.

Originally posted by Dwigo

Umm, you do know that when other people post in the threads you will not be listed as the last poster anymore? Instead of looking there how about checking in the threads themselves, but good job on the conspiracy theory.

I logged out, my posts where gone... I logged back in, my posts where back.  I was the last poster when I logged in.. when I logged out I was not.

As I said, the posts where made, then these two screens where taken, in the order they where posted in the OP.

• DwigoDwigo Member UncommonPosts: 51

If the screenies would have been taken at the same time the threads would still be in same position.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Turbine uses a built in feature that does this for the LOTRO forums.  You think all of your posts are visible by everyone when in actuality only you can see them.  It's a nice way to keep people from realizing they are being censored.

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

I just wrote this and wonder how long it will take for it to disappear.

this isn't a temper tantrum you easily accepting dolt, this is essentially a business issue. I paid good money for something promised yet not delivered, and I have a right, a right to complain and not worry that what I think is deleted by someone sweeping ideas under the rug. Your concept of temper tantrum reminds me of every snake oil salesman who traversed the early west in the 18th century. You're easily quieted by empty words and devoid of any sense of realization.

I would appear someone has decided that this post on mmorpg.com is more damaging to the game than the posts i've made on SWTOR.com and all my posts for the last two days now appear after browser catch is cleared.

That was really, really fast.

Know it or not, you guys just struck a blow for a consumer's right to complain.

Thanks.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

my friend works at Bioware, i asked him about this and he said that "Slipfeed is a huge threat to SWTOR and he is even considered a threat to the future of EA its self" so yeah they know about you and how dangerous and game changing your opinions on the Jedi Sage class are.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Berikai

I've often wondered how they police their forums as many curious things have happened before.

There's been times when I've looked at a thread such as (server population is dropping) only to have that thread totally disappear for 15 min plus.I mean page 1 and then gone for 15 min,then magically show up again.They also are very very agressive about combining negative threads that even resemble each other.

Honestly from what I've seen they've deleted 80% of the negative threads through combining/deleting/moving.Pretty sad when one see's fit to do this to try and cover the problem up.

If they're moderating a thread, it's hidden until they're done - and with some of the idiots that continually spew their nonsense on that board - moderating IS needed.

So, you'd rather have 50 "Bioware crewed X up again" to wade through?

Seriously, the conspiracy theories amaze me.  I've been posting there for nearly 4 years, and continue to occasionally post my thoughts (rationally and without malice - whether critical or not) and have only been modded once - and that was for calling a bimbo a bimbo :D

Originally posted by fascism

my friend works at Bioware, i asked him about this and he said that "Slipfeed is a huge threat to SWTOR and he is even considered a threat to the future of EA its self" so yeah they know about you and how dangerous and game changing your opinions on the Jedi Sage class are.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

Originally posted by Dwigo

If the screenies would have been taken at the same time the threads would still be in same position.

Not if I was the last poster... and my posts where gone... a thread pops to the top when someone posts...think about it.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

All I can say OP is a quote from my IT friend:

"90% of computer problems are from behind the keyboard".

Your posts are there.  BTW even if they were not, it's their forums and their rules.  If you are so upset you can always go create your own mmo and official forums.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

I just went back and saw a thread deleted comparing SWTOR to TERA, regardless of my opinion of each game, the fact that they deleted it behooves me. You know, MMORPG used to delete posts that contained curse words, I swear it. That being said, the more I see other forums, the more I appreciate this one. It's come a long way and certainly has my appreciation!