Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why exactly did i leave this game?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

So why again did i leave this game after the free month?

I returned today to find out....Its free after all

-Combat in this game is very awesome

-My character looks so nice right out of the box

-Combining magic and mellee and movement skills make up  for some very varied builds...

-The missions are fun

-The PvP combat is fun if you like arcade style game

-It stands out from the mold of WoW clones out there

-Movement is so much fun

So why exactly did i leave again?

I seriously cant remember.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Well since noboddy seems to be taking this game seriously..

I am a week in, and still having fun. The Quests are actually quite fun, espescially teh instanced parts that are quite challenging to me. Still playing casually which this game seems to be made for. And the combat feels still fine and very different from all other MMOs i played so far.

The only downside so far, as a european playing on a US PvE server i havent found any real community yet.  The community makes it feel like a Single player game in an online world.

And about the looks, noboddy looks alike while leveling, i am very much surprised that no other MMO yet has copied the DCUo style system

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

I love the combat and mentor missions.

And I do like the styles they have, but, I wish there was more to choose from at creation.

I had a vision of an insect looking character. There are drops to get those pieces, but in the mean time,

I'm running around with a costume and look that I don't like for that particular character.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

I left because I simply ran out of stuff to do. I should go back as the game itself (combat, visuals, cut scenes, etc) were all great. They just did not have enough at the time but I have seen they added a lot more content in.

I am guessing you left for a similar reason.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

I didn't care for the game during beta but may consider trying the F2P game again for something action-oriented while waiting for D3 and GW2 to come out and devour my small amount of gaming time. Thanks for the highlights.

• RaijukinRaijukin Member Posts: 63

I only joined after the game went free and I must say... it is by FAR the BEST !FREE! game ive ever played..A lot of content that a couple months later im still trying to get to.. I bought all 3 content packs and I havent even made it to the second one yet..I have made a lot of alts before I even got to the content.. so many character combos with powers, movement abilities, and weapons.. had to find what i liked best ;p I spent a bunch of money on extra stuff too haha this game has given MANY MANY MANY hours of fun and still is.. I take a break every now and then to see what else is out there.. but i always come back.. combat is really fun.. world pvp is exciting and a blast... graphics are great i think...Its all voice over in a way that does NOT have someone spamming space bar....and again it STILL has a bunch of content i have not touched yet...

also I am on the US PC server and is always has a pretty good number of people.. finding the community or a villian running around to pvp is not at all hard ;p

I will be with this great game for a long time..Having a blast! :)

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

The new battle for earth DLC added some good content and the new earth power set (Tank) and its kinda cool plays like a mix of Fire and Ice but more like Ice with its midigation powers. The Flash Content is cool i am enjoying it to with the lightning powers sense I was wanting a lightning guy to have some one close to Adam/CaptinMarvel. But it plays a lot like plant powers but is still fun. I have 5 lvl 30 toons and can't stop playing with all the new content this game is good with both a controller and Keyboard and mouse. The UI to me is fine and getting around in the menus is easier to me then most games I think cause I am not just a mmo gamer but a gamer of all kinds of games. But yeah for  returning player its great you have a cash cap but if your not using the AH which is worse then a wow AH in pricing and not buying alot of stuff the $2000 cash capp for premium members is fine and if you neeed a little extra buying a escrow ticket thing isn't expensive at all. But to me this is one of the best superhero games out there right now yeah you can play any of them for free but try playing this then go try CoH/CoV and you go OMG this feels so atari compared to it. But I do like this game and will be playing till it gets shut down.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by s1fu71

I love the combat and mentor missions.

And I do like the styles they have, but, I wish there was more to choose from at creation.

I had a vision of an insect looking character. There are drops to get those pieces, but in the mean time,

I'm running around with a costume and look that I don't like for that particular character.

Isnt that the nature of MMo's, that your character grows towards what you want it to be?

I can not imagine that you can't find anything you like.  And as you said the options at max level are beyound your wildest dreams.

Personally i am still having a great time, i switched back to the EU servers when i discovered they where still there and started a new char. But i am more the type of player that takes the game as it comes.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Isnt that the nature of MMo's, that your character grows towards what you want it to be?

I can not imagine that you can't find anything you like.  And as you said the options at max level are beyound your wildest dreams.

Personally i am still having a great time, i switched back to the EU servers when i discovered they where still there and started a new char. But i am more the type of player that takes the game as it comes.

Make no mistake: I'm having a blast. I do have other characters. I only made mention of the insect style character I made. He's level 18 and looks nothing like an insect.

And it's odd. I've picked up several pieces of insect costume pieces with my alts. But, nothing with him.

I'm certainly not complaining about the game, overall. I love it, or I wouldn't play it.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

The funny thing about this game is that it is actually good. Leveling alts is easy getting skills points is the true leveling mechanic and while redundant is actually very rewarding since the best feats (which provide points toward skill points) actually require skill. Its one of those games that is really hard to put my finger what not right. Even the community is helpful.

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186

I also think the graphics are fantastic.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Cos there is nothing to do at endgame.  This is supposed to be an MMO, and yet we don't experience any of the fantasy life that all WoW clones have.  If this game had that, plus NPCs that you can actually interact with outside of quests, do stuff for them, it'd be great.  That's what Age of Wulin is gonna be, plus a whole lot more.  This game is indeed unique, compared with the crap that the MMO developers are spilling out, but they sacrifice so many important elements of a MMO.

• StoprunningStoprunning Member CommonPosts: 9

Definitely a very fun game. Just wish you could pay $5 a month and get more carry money. Even the escrow withdrawal is useless because the prices for things aren't under 25k, but, could be in the 6 figurs. So that's pointless.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

I was shocked at how much I enjoyed this game. I think the graphics are top notch, the combat is fun, the questing is pretty standard themepark but somehow I don't mind in this because I get to kick the crap out of superhero baddies.

At any rate, I certainly think it's worth trying for those who haven't. I have no idea about the longevity but it's good for at least a couple of months and it's not necessary to use the cash shop, IMO.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

Originally posted by Charlizzard

I was shocked at how much I enjoyed this game. I think the graphics are top notch, the combat is fun, the questing is pretty standard themepark but somehow I don't mind in this because I get to kick the crap out of superhero baddies.

At any rate, I certainly think it's worth trying for those who haven't. I have no idea about the longevity but it's good for at least a couple of months and it's not necessary to use the cash shop, IMO.

Longevity is very short about a week, the time it takes you to get to level 30.  Then it's hella boring.

• possessed1possessed1 Member UncommonPosts: 36

My complaints are that you aren't really allowed to make YOUR hero -- the costume choices and powers are very very limited (maybe Champions spoiled me). My second, and biggest, complaint is that I actually felt weaker at 'endgame'. As you play through the storylines, I felt my toon getting stronger. Once you hit 30, and start grinding, I felt more like a sidekick than a hero. Getting POUNDED by everything. Even the 'henchmen' are as strong (or even stronger) than you. And bosses? Forget it... If you've never played the game, I do recommend trying it out. Leveling from  1 to 30 is fun, and storylines are good; but once you've done that, there rest of the game is boring and frustrating.

Originally posted by possessed1

My complaints are that you aren't really allowed to make YOUR hero -- the costume choices and powers are very very limited (maybe Champions spoiled me). My second, and biggest, complaint is that I actually felt weaker at 'endgame'. As you play through the storylines, I felt my toon getting stronger. Once you hit 30, and start grinding, I felt more like a sidekick than a hero. Getting POUNDED by everything. Even the 'henchmen' are as strong (or even stronger) than you. And bosses? Forget it... If you've never played the game, I do recommend trying it out. Leveling from  1 to 30 is fun, and storylines are good; but once you've done that, there rest of the game is boring and frustrating.

Basically what I said.  Also, there's the fact that unlike what MMOs usually are, this game is so restricted in what you can do.  You can only fight and do quests, you can't interact with non quest npc/shop npc (because there aren't any).  There's no crafting.

5/10.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by Cawickeng

Longevity is very short about a week, the time it takes you to get to level 30.  Then it's hella boring.

So? Have fun till 30. There is nothing wrong with that. Most games don't last as long as DCUO.

In fact, i have been playing for more than a week, and i am still L10 (granted, i am not playing 24/7).

It has quite a bit of content till 30. Combat is good (and i can use a gamepad). It has nice little touches like quests to tour Gotham City. Graphics is good. Quests are fun to do.

And best yet, it is FREE. Beat playing a $40 SP FPS for a few weeks.

• mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

And you know that your opinion and your entitled to it. the thing is I have been 30 for like & months now and I am not done yet. Skills points are the leveling mechanic and if your lower than 70 you pretty much havent done a thing. Raiding is short and simple if your team is good under an hour if they suck be prepared to work. PvP has gotten several revamps and I havent seen the pop tick dwn since ftp. 

Originally posted by mainvein33

And you know that your opinion and your entitled to it. the thing is I have been 30 for like & months now and I am not done yet. Skills points are the leveling mechanic and if your lower than 70 you pretty much havent done a thing. Raiding is short and simple if your team is good under an hour if they suck be prepared to work. PvP has gotten several revamps and I havent seen the pop tick dwn since ftp. 

I have done all of that...doesn't change the fact that it gets boring quickly.  All you do is do duos, raids etc and repeat. The amount of skills you have is extremely limited, there's no professions, no exploring (after you've finished all the investigations).  It's only grinding to get better gear.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by mainvein33

I have done all of that...doesn't change the fact that it gets boring quickly.  All you do is do duos, raids etc and repeat.

Exactly, DCUO while a fun game gets repetitive real fast. I used to remember logging in during duos for 2 hours straight just to have some decent t1 purples and after that I had to start t2 at this point I just said screw it, it isnt worth it. I mean once you get the gear than what? wait for tier 3 to come out then you continue?

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Game is definatly worth a play though for anyone, it really IS a great game... until you cap.

Then it goes from 'a great game' to utter trash.

Basiclly, you repeat quest X on 'normal' till u get enough credits (or whatever) to buy gear so that you can run the quest on 'normal+1', then runt hat till u get enough credits to buy gear for the next step, then you run it on normal+2, and so on and on and on...

but.. up to cap the game is a blast, once u finish all the main storyline quests (And all the branching optionals) its pretty lametastic.

What they need to do(Attention all devs out there making wow clones) is use DCUO's engine, and make a nice game with compelling endgame stuff. Also toss in a mentoring/vassel system similar to CoH/V (So that older players can delevel themselves to help out new friends who join, and get some 'reward' for brining in new players, etc)

The engine is just amazing for a mmo(Really, jump in game, find a busy spot, and slap mobs around, U will prob have no server lag, and its still very arcadish) it looks great(Little botherd by the total lack of char creation, and all uniqueness being based on gear you owned at once time or another, but thats also part of its alure, being able to 'unlock' visual apperances from stuff u once owned and use it to cover up some hideious but powerful hat :D)

This game is actually why Tera appeals to me so much.. the combat is fast, 'active', and takes more than just a mindless mouse mashing moron to 'win' (Timing is key, unlike most current games, and pretty much ANY mmo)

Give me something to do beyond the same 3-4 (Or more now? still not enough) dungeons in raid mode 100000x so that I can do those same dungeons on a slightly harder diff 100000x more just so that I can do those same dungeons again on a little more slightly hrder difff 100000x more just so that i can...... ya you get the idea.

Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

Game is definatly worth a play though for anyone, it really IS a great game... until you cap.

Then it goes from 'a great game' to utter trash.

Basiclly, you repeat quest X on 'normal' till u get enough credits (or whatever) to buy gear so that you can run the quest on 'normal+1', then runt hat till u get enough credits to buy gear for the next step, then you run it on normal+2, and so on and on and on...

but.. up to cap the game is a blast, once u finish all the main storyline quests (And all the branching optionals) its pretty lametastic.

What they need to do(Attention all devs out there making wow clones) is use DCUO's engine, and make a nice game with compelling endgame stuff. Also toss in a mentoring/vassel system similar to CoH/V (So that older players can delevel themselves to help out new friends who join, and get some 'reward' for brining in new players, etc)

The engine is just amazing for a mmo(Really, jump in game, find a busy spot, and slap mobs around, U will prob have no server lag, and its still very arcadish) it looks great(Little botherd by the total lack of char creation, and all uniqueness being based on gear you owned at once time or another, but thats also part of its alure, being able to 'unlock' visual apperances from stuff u once owned and use it to cover up some hideious but powerful hat :D)

This game is actually why Tera appeals to me so much.. the combat is fast, 'active', and takes more than just a mindless mouse mashing moron to 'win' (Timing is key, unlike most current games, and pretty much ANY mmo)

Give me something to do beyond the same 3-4 (Or more now? still not enough) dungeons in raid mode 100000x so that I can do those same dungeons on a slightly harder diff 100000x more just so that I can do those same dungeons again on a little more slightly hrder difff 100000x more just so that i can...... ya you get the idea.

Agree with all of this.  Problem is WoW clone developers don't want to make any effort making an exciting game with actual combat.  I mean why bother when you can make millions just making a WoW clone with better graphics?  Problem is that most MMO 'gamers' don't actually want to play a game which requires skill.  They want the cliche spamming of buttons, the 'first one to attack in PVP wins by spamming a certain combo'.  Hence devs would never bother with the Unreal Engine 3.

But I actually do like this game for the character creation options, which far exceeds the capabilities of every WoW clone out there.  Combat is actually exciting before you get to lvl 30.

So anyway main thing about this game is that it is pure action and not really a 'true MMO', that is, it does not give the player the opportunity to experience their avatar live a fantasy life.  I mean there aren't even any trees ffs!  It's all city buildings.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

So anyway main thing about this game is that it is pure action and not really a 'true MMO', that is, it does not give the player the opportunity to experience their avatar live a fantasy life.  I mean there aren't even any trees ffs!  It's all city buildings.

To be fair, that is staying consistent with the IP. Most superhero stories take place in the city, not in the forest.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

Agreed this is a good game. Problem is there are 294827 games just like it. This one however, is ranked in my top 3 of the 294827 games just like it.

lol

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Maybe you did what I did and went to all the AAA crap games instead of playing this game which was enjoyable. It is by far the best game to come out in sometime, might be even better than GW2 over all as an MMO.