Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta client officially ready to download :D

Comments

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Originally posted by darkhalf357x

Originally posted by sonoggi
    Anet fail. i had to use the cloudfront link someone posted. thanks a lot for that. im disappointed they didnt prepare for this, considering all the hype.
    I hear ya, but the volume has to be rediculous... cant really blame them for that.
    Can you post the cloudfront link?  How can you trust its not a virus?

Considering it ends in guildwars2.com, I think it's safe to trust. It's also the link that the email they sent you ends up taking you to btw.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by boikymar

Originally posted by kanezfan

I'm getting a login error when I enter my username and password! Password reset isn't working and I've put in every single password that I use! Can anyone help?

What are you trying to login to?

The link that it takes you to when you click the beta email.

You can also log in with the client, which will give you an error message stating that your account is in proper order, but there currently is not a beta event in progress.

If anyone is having trouble logging in, you can contact Arenanet support.

Just a note, the log in name is your email address, not the [name.####] handle you got when registering your account.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by sonoggi

Anet fail. i had to use the cloudfront link someone posted. thanks a lot for that. im disappointed they didnt prepare for this, considering all the hype.

Did you notice that the cloudfront link went [Mod Edit]

As in it's hosted by Anet? So not a fail, just it's being hammered by hundreds of thousands of people simultaneously.

I think the cloudfront link is working because its not as crowded. the 502 error keeping people out is to the forums which HAS the cloudfront link if im not mistaken. the exact link that is posted on this forum i believe.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Thanks

Its probably where the client is actually being hosted.  Seeing how I cant get passed the login screen I cant get the full cloudfront link :-(

Originally posted by fiontar

I'm getting a login error when I enter my username and password! Password reset isn't working and I've put in every single password that I use! Can anyone help?

You can also log in with the client, which will give you an error message stating that your account is in proper order, but there currently is not a beta event in progress.

Just a note, the log in name is your email address, not the [name.####] handle you got when registering your account.

^^^^^ This is VERY helpful info to me. Apprciate you for posting it fiontar.

Originally posted by darkhalf357x

Thanks

Its probably where the client is actually being hosted.  Seeing how I cant get passed the login screen I cant get the full cloudfront link :-(

pages 2 and 3 of this forum have the link posted several times :)

• engellenengellen Member UncommonPosts: 83

i pre purchased andi havent gotten an email yet, am i ok?

played a million mmo's

Guys, the cloudfront link is the only link. There is no fail on Anet's part here lol. You get the email, the email points you to a forum post on guildwars2.com, in that forum post there is a link to the gw2.exe file, and that link begins with cloudfront.guildwars2.com and I'm not gonna post the rest because they keep deleting it and i don't wanna get banned or suspended here. It's not like there was a www.guildwars2.com/whatever.exe. It was always the cloudfront link.

Originally posted by engellen

yes ;you are fine. arena net is sending them out in increments it seems

• EsLafielEsLafiel Member Posts: 92

I still have not gotten a email from the, is this normal?

• boikymarboikymar Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by fiontar

Thanks. I'm still having a bit of trouble. I used my email address (the one I received the email on) with every password I would use. Nothing. I then tried to reset my password. It gave me a fail message. THEN I put in my ncsoft account (the one I use for GW1) into the reset bar and it gave me a "sent" message. I'm so confused.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Mails will be send out in waves. It might take a few hours to deliver them all. ^MK

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

I didnt get my email yet, should I be concerned or have others not gotten it yet

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by sammyeli

Mails will be send out in waves. It might take a few hours to deliver them all. ^MK

lol @ steven seigel shooting up all the youngins in your posts.

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

Originally posted by Chrisbox

I didnt get my email yet, should I be concerned or have others not gotten it yet

If you pre-purchased you have guaranteed access.

Just DL the game from the link and wait for the weekend =)

• dcw1sfudcw1sfu Member UncommonPosts: 20

Bah i used that cloudfont URL and the download was super fast however i just made it to 100% and recieved an error with the DAT file making it crash every time i open it to click play.  So basically it corrupted itself and now i had to delete it and im having to start over from scratch ahh well.

Originally posted by Epicent

lol @ steven seigel shooting up all the youngins in your posts.

LOL yes its EPIC!

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

Originally posted by dcw1sfu

Bah i used that cloudfont URL and the download was super fast however i just made it to 100% and recieved an error with the DAT file making it crash every time i open it to click play.  So basically it corrupted itself and now i had to delete it and im having to start over from scratch ahh well.

Sir when you download the exe file from cloud front , you must put it in a folder and then run the launcher.

Since if you leave it out, it will put one of the files in your windows temp folder and that will get deleted as soon as you close the launcher and then become corrupt, just throw the dat file and exe into a folder and run the launcher again.

Carl Sagan-

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Did you pre-PURCHASE or pre-ORDER? If you pre-ordered, as in you went to a retailer and put $5 down, then you are not in this weekend's beta. If you pre-purchased on April 10th, then you'll get an email with a link to a forum post on guildwars2.com which will contain a link to the game download.

it is the EXACT SAME LINK so you may want to check with anet b4 you do that.

• dcw1sfudcw1sfu Member UncommonPosts: 20

Sir when you download the exe file from cloud front , you must put it in a folder and then run the launcher.

I know that i placed it in a seperate folder it fully downloaded to 100% then came up with a message saying error and to send it to arenanet.  clicked on details and it went into some garble about the DAT file.  So delete and start again no biggie

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232

all i get is  502 bad gateway from thelink they sent me.

now its a 500 internal server error

I know that i placed it in a seperate foler it fully downloaded to 100% then came up with a message saying error and to send it to arenanet.  clicked on details and it went into some garble about the DAT file.  So delete and start again no biggie

Ahh ok I see, well yea you have plentyy of time to get the client =) oh and make sure you run in admin mode maybe?

Carl Sagan-

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

Originally posted by EsLafiel

I still have not gotten a email from the, is this normal?

No idea how they are doing the emails, however, if you have not recieved one by tomorrow morning I would go to http://support.guildwars2.com/ and try to see if you can get an answer. I wouldnt be too worried unless you havent hear anything by thursday though.

• EsLafielEsLafiel Member Posts: 92

I brought the game,, give me the email GRRR