Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning questions

vindirvindir Member UncommonPosts: 68

Hello,

I played Rift when it came out for about three months. I have a 50 cleric and 14 mage.

What is there to do at 50 now? I have waded my way through the patch notes, but between when I left till now it seems like a lot has changed and is a little confusing on where to pick back up. I was given three days to log back in and take a look around. I went to the Emerale Isle, but never saw another player.

How long does it take to run dungeons or raids? I know it depends on group, but what is the average? My time is limited and do not have uninterruptible blocks of time like I use to. I enjoy playing with others but hate being that guy who has to bail half way through a dungeon. Is there worthwhile content at 50 that is soloable? What are these IA and Chronicles? Do people even bother rifting anymore? Is this game viable for a casual who plays 10hrs a week?

Thanks

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Full list of raids up to this point

http://www.riftstrats.com/

Here is a summary guide also

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/293766-welcome-back-guide-whats-changed.html

IA = Instant adventure. They reward experience and inscribed sourcestones. The experience goes towards planar attunement which is a very minor and incremental way of leveling past 50. Inscribed Sourcestones are rewards you use to uy planar gear which is on par with expert instance gear and also tier 1 raid gear.

Chronicle = New 50 content to basically see the inside of the raids and it also rewards some fresh 50 gear that can be upgrades

People definitely Rift when i comes to zone events. Outside of the large amount of planar attunement experience you get the Inscribed are used as a primary currency in upgrading your Source machine and gear.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by vindir

Hello,

I played Rift when it came out for about three months. I have a 50 cleric and 14 mage.

What is there to do at 50 now? I have waded my way through the patch notes, but between when I left till now it seems like a lot has changed and is a little confusing on where to pick back up. I was given three days to log back in and take a look around. I went to the Emerale Isle, but never saw another player.

How long does it take to run dungeons or raids? I know it depends on group, but what is the average? My time is limited and do not have uninterruptible blocks of time like I use to. I enjoy playing with others but hate being that guy who has to bail half way through a dungeon. Is there worthwhile content at 50 that is soloable? What are these IA and Chronicles? Do people even bother rifting anymore? Is this game viable for a casual who plays 10hrs a week?

Thanks

Rifts and IAs are group soloing activities.  You are grouped with other people, but generally everyone is soloing.  Very little communication, but you dont feel alone.  Both can be done in short play sessions.  Might be what you are looking for.

• BluenooseBluenoose Member Posts: 2

Save your money, I recently did the same thing and found the turd to be even less polished than before I left.

Twinking has destroyed WF's, the leveling process is mediocre at the very best, and the classes are extremely milk toast and lack any real skill.

The already piss poor pvp was rendered even less interesting by the introduction of twinks and the brilliant idea of level locking....Listen we've alreay seen the lack luster products produced by the Dev's and going back will only reaffirm the reasons you left in the first place.

Dungeons/Raiding are hilariously bad, from poor design all the way to yawwwwwwn bosses. Raiding the 'fridge' requires more skill and thought.

Essentially this particular gem was created for people that aren't particulalrly adept at being good at anything, so if you enjoy collecting stamps, watching paint dry and drooling your return may well be worth it, If not I suggest doing anything else.

Place 2 golfballs in a shoe box, cut a hole in the top of the box and peek through it while moving the box from side to side and you'll be more entertained than any gaming session delivered by Trion.

Lucky for me I was gone before teh 2nd month could register....15 bucks for this particular pos is a total rip off.

• wihtgarwihtgar Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Its a good game.  I enjoy Rift and suggest you go back and give it a try.  To me it seems quite well polished.  Of course there are always a steady stream of teenage deadbeats who don't like it for Reason X, and I admit that the game is largely targetting a more mature audience, so I can understand why they don't fit in.
  • ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

Don't take too much stock in the hyperbole filled rant by Johnny2Posts. It appears he has registered for the sole purpose of trashing Rift.

Rift is a decent game, I just started back a little, much has changed, much is the same. I would say it's worth the $15.00 to see for yer self. There are several servers, you may need to do a little research to find one is best for you.  Could be yours is a low pop server, bad time zone dunno.

My 2 bits, best of luck, and have fun.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.