Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Garuda, The Primal of Wind

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Final Fantasy XIV site has been updated with a new video featuring Garuda, the primal of wind. When patch v1.22 goes live, players will be able to take on Garuda in a pair of encounters. Check out the video.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

I really enjoy the direction this game has headed.. in a great shell and ejoying my time more so than I did in SWTOR...

Good time to come back for those on the fence.... it's worth it... and it's fun.   The jobs content has made this a very good MMO.  Hopefully, 2.0 makes it great.... Yoshi-P gets it and I can't wait for 2.0.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Looking forward to what is in store for this game. Played at launch, quit after a few days. Just came back a week or so ago, and haven't logged off since it seems. I feel like im playing an updated FFXI, and for me that's not a bad thing.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

Here I was expecting the wall of John Doe's going on about how XIV is going to die a horrible death and how they were cheated out of their 40 dollars because they didn't wait to evaluate the game post beta.

Glad to see those rump pained individuals are finally easing up on their vendetta and a few people are harboring at least a bit of hope that XIV can get out of its coffin.

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

I started playing again last week and surprisingly enough I'm having a great time :) The game is still far from perfect but it's definitely heading in the right direction. Looking forward to 2.0

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

This is the 1st primar battle which looks awesome imo. I won't play now but will definitely try it at 2.0 again.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

The UI is still messy, and why can't they turn of the battle chat? Still, the buzz is getting more positive overall, and I will return in 2.0. However both the FF franchise and Japanese game developers in general seem to be at an all time low, and there's not enough signs that they know it, and are correcting it. Yoshi P is having to rely entirely on player suggestions, as there is still too much isolation mentality. Japanse devs are ignored when they call for more co-operation with the west, and western devs are called racist if they point out how out of touch Japanese devs are.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by zevni78

The UI is still messy, and why can't they turn of the battle chat? Still, the buzz is getting more positive overall, and I will return in 2.0. However both the FF franchise and Japanese game developers in general seem to be at an all time low, and there's not enough signs that they know it, and are correcting it. Yoshi P is having to rely entirely on player suggestions, as there is still too much isolation mentality. Japanse devs are ignored when they call for more co-operation with the west, and western devs are called racist if they point out how out of touch Japanese devs are.

Yoshi P is constantly putting out new updates, and always informs us of them ahead of time. And I don't know what this whole Japanese vs Western thing is you are talking about,  I'm pretty sure final fantasy fans are into the JP style. There are plenty of "Western" games out there, and theres a reason why we don't play them.

Thankfully SE and Yoshi P aren't hopping on the band wagon yet.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

this guy/girl thing  gives me the chills :/

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Unlike Tanaka.. the original producer for the game, Yoshi-P has an MMO background having played many MMOS in the past (DAoC/Everquest).

Everything he's done thus far shows that he really understands the genre and what people wnat... not in the wow/swtor sense, but more of an unpdated MMO with slight similarities to FFXI (at least in how it feels).

You can honestly say that FFXIV is becoming a very unique part of the overall MMO community.  All of the jobs that were added in 1.21 are very well done.  They require 4-6 quests, with increasing difficulty.    People finished the content really quickly because everyone was lvl 50.  Imagin someone in 2.0 who has to first level the class, and then get quests at 5 level increments.  This is a good and a bad thing, but the content is plenty for those to sink their teeth in, come 2.0.

FFXIV is slowly  becoming my PvE mmo of choice.  BTW, because of Yoshi-Ps background with DAoC, he loves pvp and that will be an important part of 2.0 as well.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Shaping up nicely I must admit... 

As an FFXI player thats a lot of nostagia they're attacking with, and its super effective.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Great music and cut-scenes, same terrible UI and clunky combat system.