Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GI JOE based swg style sandbox game wish?

2»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Sandbox, really?

GI JOE is action oriented. A MMOFPS i can see. I highly doubt GI JOE shop keepers, or crafters will fit the universe very well.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

whos GI Joe?

is it some american only thing?

Action man.

ah right, won't that just be for kids then?  dont think ive seen an action man since i was like 8

Depends on the nostalgia factor. I'm almost 37 and have added a few Joes to my collection this year. One just last week as a matter of fact. I still look forward to the new releases of figures to see what is available.

I think perhaps this was a bigger thing in the states, it might not have worldwide appeal

yep, it was rather small in germany for example, we had a game for the c64, and i think there was a series too, but not aired really often.

if i got that right GI joe was too much into the "being american, and proud of it! HOOHAAAA!" thingie :P  (no offense meant here, but us germans for example are forbidden to understand that attitude hehe)

i still liked the game tho, dont get me wrong... the last movie was rather dissapointing tho, not realy about the joes :) more a "ken has action equipment and has to save barby!" version of GI joe.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Maybe if the new versions of the movie never happened, but Hollywood has bastardized it completely so even if they did make the game it would not be anythign like the cartoon we grew up with.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

whos GI Joe?

Im from the Netherlands, and 20 years ago it was huge here. The cartoon was aired and when you walked into the toystore there where meters and meters of GI Joe characters hanging on the wall to be bought. And many vehicles as well. Only lego had a bigger space in the toy stores back than.

• creadoskcreadosk Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Didn't mean sandbox crafting of pottery etc but gear related armor,weapons,clothing like swg did.  But an action oriented mmo would be cool think even of some of the swg trees we had from 32 professions rifle,carbineer,pistol,doctor,cm,bounty hunter,squad leader, these all fit for a mix and match of your own cobra or joe and base assaults would be cool.  Just a wish though.
  • Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375

whos GI Joe?

Action man.

ah right, won't that just be for kids then?  dont think ive seen an action man since i was like 8

Actualy no. G.I. Joe Dolls from the 1960's - 70's. And the action figures from the 1980's are highly collectable and can sell for a lot of money. For instance a G.I. Joe nurse doll from 1975 can sell for $6000 u.s.

Things that were for kids back then can make you a small fortune now if kept in good condition.  Just like comics.

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303

"If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    edited May 2020

Interestingly enough, I've given a lot of thought to a GIJoe MMO myself, and the only way I could come up with a decent way to do it was as a skill-based sandbox. The Cobra side of things was pretty easy for me to pen out because it's full of no-name soldier-types, it's the Joe side where everyone would probably want to be a "special-named character" instead of a grunt (not Grunt), is where it got tricky in my head.

G.I. Joes and Cobras would start off as rank-and-file soldiers.   First they would have to completet Basic Training/Boot Camp, then AIT (Advanced Individual Training).  The best of the best could go on to become Rangers, Forest Recon, Seals, etc (or the Cobra equivalent of those).  Eventually they would be able to choose even greater specializations.  But they'd have to earn the right to have a code name by passing Delta Force type tests and/or even completing a few dangerous missions.

"If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)