Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Erickson Denies Declining Sub Numbers

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by RefMinor

Awesome!!

Thanks, my comfort zone was disrupted for a minute there, but I've now stopped hyperventilating, so all is well.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Not to be mean, but I hope EA Dies in a Fire. They dont create games, they just copy them. When need new game creators. Let the old ones that get swallowed by greed die.

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Game is already dead and they know it. They need to merge servers down to 2 or 3 and at least that way, they'll give the poor bastards still playing this garbage something to do instead of sitting there doing nothing but spamming for a group.

SWTOR is just a big pile of doodoo

Originally posted by Zaltark
    Not to be mean, but I hope EA Dies in a Fire. They dont create games, they just copy them. When need new game creators. Let the old ones that get swallowed by greed die.

I feel the exact same way. I've never hated a game as much as swtor. I want my $60 back.

• ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138

There is a reason EA was named worst company in America by consumerist. 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by kanezfan

I feel the exact same way. I've never hated a game as much as swtor. I want my $60 back.

Heh you lucky sod!  We wasted over 300 bucks on two CE editions!  /cry

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Originally posted by Elethon

There is a reason EA was named worst company in America by consumerist. 

There it is, QFT right there. Denial is a horrible thing and makes you look even worse!

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by kanezfan   Originally posted by Zaltark Not to be mean, but I hope EA Dies in a Fire. They dont create games, they just copy them. When need new game creators. Let the old ones that get swallowed by greed die.
    Heh you lucky sod!  We wasted over 300 bucks on two CE editions!  /cry

/hug. I believe GW2 will make it all better. We'll forget that we were ever fooled by swtor.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

This guy must be their Accountant or Financial Advisor

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• flynn444flynn444 Member UncommonPosts: 67

And because you're not going to get your money back, you're going to spend your time trying to convince everyone who plays the game what a terrible time they must be having.  Yep, makes sense.

• JediSeerJediSeer Member Posts: 21

Does taking comments from a PCGamer article and then listing Gamasutra as the source seem amusing to anyone else?

I realize that you were tipped off by the Gama article, but why not just find the info directly off the PCGamer site? It's not like the content originated with Gama.

Reminds me of Simone in Ferris Bueller's Day Off - "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend..."

Is Gama a sister site or something that you're trying to plug?

Originally posted by flynn444
    Originally posted by kanezfan Originally posted by Zaltark Not to be mean, but I hope EA Dies in a Fire. They dont create games, they just copy them. When need new game creators. Let the old ones that get swallowed by greed die.
    And because you're not going to get your money back, you're going to spend your time trying to convince everyone who plays the game what a terrible time they must be having.  Yep, makes sense. 

If you go to a burger joint and find a hair/bandaid in your food. Are you NOT going to tell people how much you hate that place? Make sense? Ive never said you cant have fun. Ive only said that EA makes crap games. And apparently Im not the only one thats had such 'bad service' from them. Bioware getting sold out is only part of the problem.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by Puremallace

nb4 WoW fanbois cry that server merging is the death of TOR, then the same hypocrites go back to the WoW forums and cry about $25 charges to get off the 50+ dead shards in WoW

I like when people claim they are tracking every poster between multiple forums and can see who is posting what and how inconsistent they are.  As if this absurdity counts as some sort of argument lol.  Good stuff.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by Puremallace

nb4 WoW fanbois cry that server merging is the death of TOR, then the same hypocrites go back to the WoW forums and cry about $25 charges to get off the 50+ dead shards in WoW

Just lol. You serious or what??? Because i have now open before me --REALMS ,for f sake try even to learn how they call servers in wow. You don't know even that and you give comments about wow. By the way -realms are full with players like 1-2 years ago. Do you want me to post pic with realm status now?

If you go to a burger joint and find a hair/bandaid in your food. Are you NOT going to tell people how much you hate that place? Make sense? Ive never said you cant have fun. Ive only said that EA makes crap games. And apparently Im not the only one thats had such 'bad service' from them. Bioware getting sold out is only part of the problem.

False analogy. Whether SWTOR is a crap game, or whether EA makes crap games is purely a matter of personal taste.

So you don't like their games.  Post a review and move along.  This vendetta people like you have against things you don't find appealing is really just bizarre.

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

Sub numbers are holding steady at this moment in time because they gave everyone a free month.

At the end of that free month the sub numbers are likely to decline further. Bioware have tried desperately to generate good will within their launch playerbase... and failed. 1.2 was a miserable patch. PvEers will say it is good, but the 70% of the player base PvPing (the vvast majority) will tell you how Bioware implemented a brand, spanking new gear grind in place of the ranked WZ system.

The problem Bioware has is that SWTOR at end game is just a grind in almost all regards. The leveling process was good fun, the story engaging, and Bioware know this. They try to push people to level new alts, but the clue is in the name: alternative characters. Generally people invest more time into their mains. The content for mains in SWTOR is frankly pretty rubbish.

I leveled two alts and ran a Sorcerer at top gear for 3 months.

Then I unsubbed. Since getting the free month, I've logged in twice.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by Zaltark Not to be mean, but I hope EA Dies in a Fire. They dont create games, they just copy them. When need new game creators. Let the old ones that get swallowed by greed die.

I know what you're saying but no..I don't blame and hate a burger joint for things like that. I'd complain to them first....I'd be pissed at ..maybe the manager and the disgusting careless worker who made my meal. I don't blame entire entities for a few's mistakes. If it continues though..with no improvement.Well,that's a different story. Then obviously it is more an issue of education ,training and consideration for the customer. In this case I would be past blaming a few worms and realize this apple is rotten at the core.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

False analogy. Whether SWTOR is a crap game, or whether EA makes crap games is purely a matter of personal taste.

So you don't like their games.  Post a review and move along.  This vendetta people like you have against things you don't find appealing is really just bizarre.

I like the quote under your name, I prefer that people think and post their views good and bad though.

It's a poor analogy, but I would say it holds some water.

There are a great many reasons why people would be annoyed with Bioware. The state it was in at launch was, frankly, barren. There was nothing to do at end game, and the game systems they had in place were very much from the 2004 school of thinking.

They promised resolution.

Then they announced patch 1.2, a patch that added in a lot of new features. It looked to me like the vast majority of those features had been planned as prelaunch features, but a failure to secure additional development time led them to being post-release. And they failed to adhere to the main selling point of the patch: ranked warzones.

Why would you give 1 free month to the vast majority of your players? No company - especially not Activision or EA - does it out of the goodness of their hearts. There was a reason; something FORCED Bioware into making the overture.

There are legitimate complaints to be made about SWTOR. And they can voice them as often and as loudly as they want, whether you like it or not ;D

Originally posted by dotdotdash

It's a poor analogy, but I would say it holds some water.

There are a great many reasons why people would be annoyed with Bioware. The state it was in at launch was, frankly, barren. There was nothing to do at end game, and the game systems they had in place were very much from the 2004 school of thinking.

They promised resolution.

Then they announced patch 1.2, a patch that added in a lot of new features. It looked to me like the vast majority of those features had been planned as prelaunch features, but a failure to secure additional development time led them to being post-release. And they failed to adhere to the main selling point of the patch: ranked warzones.

Why would you give 1 free month to the vast majority of your players? No company - especially not Activision or EA - does it out of the goodness of their hearts. There was a reason; something FORCED Bioware into making the overture.

There are legitimate complaints to be made about SWTOR. And they can voice them as often and as loudly as they want, whether you like it or not ;D

I never denied you have the right to spend your life bitching and complaining about things that offend your personal taste - I'm just saying it's bizarre. Most people realize that not everything in life is going to please them, and when it doesn't, well...c'est la vie.  They move on with their lives.  Too bad nothing appealed to you at SWTOR's end game.  Clearly, this wasn't so for hundreds of thousands of other players, while hundreds of thousands more just don't care.

When it comes down to it, you're bashing something you just don't like.  Do you spend your time doing the same for other disliked things too?

Its the Internet. Of course were bashing things we dont like. What else is a forum for? I mean, think about it. What are you saying to me? Youre bashing my statements because theyre 'bizarre' or you dont like them.

I never denied you have the right to spend your life bitching and complaining about things that offend your personal taste - I'm just saying it's bizarre. Most people realize that not everything in life is going to please them, and when it doesn't, well...c'est la vie.  They move on with their lives.  Too bad nothing appealed to you at SWTOR's end game.  Clearly, this wasn't so for hundreds of thousands of other players, while hundreds of thousands more just don't care.

When it comes down to it, you're bashing something you just don't like.  Do you spend your time doing the same for other disliked things too?

Yes, and lots of people do.

To suggest that the vast majority of people don't complain about SOMETHING is moronic and ignorant. Complaining is a fundmanetal component of communication. It's part of a basic method of transmitting ideas and principles that has dictated our species for the last 65,000 years.  In fact it's been demonstrated that complaining in some instances triggers a positive physical reaction; we PHYSICALLY ENJOY complaining.

In addition to complaining, people want others to think and feel the way they think and feel about things. That's pretty basic stuff as it goes, something I'm sure you are aware of...

Case in point: you've made multiple posts complaining about people complaining, and expressing that people should agree with your way of thinking (that is that people don't need to complain over and over again).

You're bashing a set of behaviours you don't like.

In the same way there's nothing fundamentally wrong with SWTOR, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with complaining.

You're allowed to tell us all to stop complaining. We're allowed to complain all we want.

We're all complaining about something however, so your argument is flawed and a fundamental level.

*shrugs*

Its the Internet. Of course were bashing things we dont like. What else is a forum for? I mean, think about it. What are you saying to me? Youre bashing my statements because theyre 'bizarre' or you dont like them.

The internet is for the exchange of information, preferably useful or valuable information.  Continual rants about things that failed to please you simply add noise and make it more difficult for everyone to find that useful or valuable information.  That is my objection.

Do you bash everything that you don't like over-and-over again?  If not, then why just SWTOR?

The internet is for the exchange of information, preferably useful or valuable information.  Continual rants about things that failed to please you simply add noise and make it more difficult for everyone to find that useful or valuable information.  That is my objection.Do you bash everything that you don't like over-and-over again?  If not, then why just SWTOR? 

I dont just bash SWTOR. I basted me some Mortal Online too. And I dont usually bother with SWTOR, cause its known to be sucky. I just thought its funny that you complain about me complaining. Its like a vicious circle. Someone has to stop it! SWTOR is fun for those who like it. But not for me. I will, however, tell whoever I want whenever I want how I feel. And you sir, cannot stop me.

Originally posted by dotdotdash

Yes, and lots of people do.

To suggest that the vast majority of people don't complain about SOMETHING is moronic and ignorant. Complaining is a fundmanetal component of communication. It's part of a basic method of transmitting ideas and principles that has dictated our species for the last 65,000 years.  In fact it's been demonstrated that complaining in some instances triggers a positive physical reaction; we PHYSICALLY ENJOY complaining.

In addition to complaining, people want others to think and feel the way they think and feel about things. That's pretty basic stuff as it goes, something I'm sure you are aware of...

Case in point: you've made multiple posts complaining about people complaining, and expressing that people should agree with your way of thinking (that is that people don't need to complain over and over again).

You're bashing a set of behaviours you don't like.

In the same way there's nothing fundamentally wrong with SWTOR, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with complaining.

You're allowed to tell us all to stop complaining. We're allowed to complain all we want.

We're all complaining about something however, so your argument is flawed and a fundamental level.

*shrugs*

Want to complain?  Be my guest.  Say your piece and move on.   That's what most people do.

What's bizarre is the non-stop complaining about one thing in particular.  Do you complain about everything  that displeases you forever?  Didn't think so.  What makes it so hard for you to let go of SWTOR?  Judging from most negative comments, the compulsion is emotional.

Like most people, I read forums to gain interesting or useful information.  Noise-makers like yourself add no value to the discussion and detract from this search.  The funny thing is, eventually you'll stop - like a crybaby who's tired itself out - but not before annoying a lot of people.