Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA says SWTOR has lost no subs - (POLL)

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

EA says theat SWTOR has lost no subs.    I know 5 people(once rabid fans of the game) that I game with that have stopped playing.    If you have stopped playing cast your vote.   

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

i quit and cancelled. they reactivated me for free automatically.

so i still have a sub, but i'm not paying for it.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Teala

EA says theat SWTOR has lost no subs.    I know 5 people(once rabid fans of the game) that I game with that have stopped playing.    If you have stopped playing cast your vote.   

What about people like me Teala who never bought the game :(?

As per your poll, i asked around my clan from those who used to play SWTOR, and the majority of them call BS. Two of our clan members still play, and call BS on it as well. Soooo, yea? =>

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I didnt make it past the initial month it was released. :(

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

As per your poll, i asked around my clan from those who used to play SWTOR, and the majority of them call BS. Two of our clan members still play, and call BS on it as well. Soooo, yea? =>

We really don't count, us that never bought or subscribed.   However, I think it is funny that they claim to have not lost any subs when I know of at least 5 people from my own gaming circle of friends that quit just before patch 1.2 because EA did not put in ranked BG's.   They have come back to WoW.   :)  Plus I talked them into playing M&B Nepoleonic Wars.  So they've playing that as well.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I quit 3rd day of headstart.

No one believes anything EA says anyway.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

As the saying goes 'Never say never' . But this is one thing i can say I will NEVER play this 'thing'.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

We really don't count, us that never bought or subscribed.   However, I think it is funny that they claim to have not lost any subs when I know of at least 5 people from my own gaming circle of friends that quit just before patch 1.2 because EA did not put in ranked BG's.   They have come back to WoW.   :)  Plus I talked them into playing M&B Nepoleonic Wars.  So they've playing that as well.

Meh, I'm still grumbling around trying to find something to keep my time. I might look into EQ1's "Free to Play" mess even though I can't play on the server I want to (Fippy Darkpaw) again.

Right now, wasting time playing BF3 >__>.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by SonicTHI

Fail poll is fail. I didnt even buy SWTOR. Where is my obligatory "i want to see the results and laugh at people who bought this game" option?

Just be grateful knowing that you saved money for better games.   :)

• sofus12345sofus12345 Member Posts: 10

I quit month ago.

No fun running in a large world not seeing more than 30 players around.

Simply: Nothing to do. Boring.

• pags411pags411 Member Posts: 98

Four friends and I decided not to continue our subscriptions after the first paid month expired.  I recently learned that 30 players from our server who were part of our guild also left to start playing various betas. 

The thread title is sort of a catch 22: EA would never lie and say that they have lost subscriptions if they haven't.  However, they wouldn't say that they have lost subscriptions if they have, either.  You can either believe EA or be skeptical. 

Frankly, the fact that they aren't saying the more reasonable "all MMOs lose subs, and we have seen a normal level of player attrition" speaks to the fact that they're tenaciously resisting any disclosure of the state of things even if that is a perfectly normal state.  They seem to be overcompensating in their responses.  This behavior doesn't suggest a calm and controlled situation for the company.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Fail poll is fail. I didnt even buy SWTOR. Where is my obligatory "i want to see the results and laugh at people who bought this game" option?

Why would you want to laugh at people who bought the game? I bought the game, I'm still playing and having a great time. You see, just because some people don't like something, doesn't mean that no one likes it. You know there are still people playing DAOC and Eq1? I wouldn't play either of them, but I certainly wouldn't laugh at anyone for liking something, it's just bad form. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by cinos

Just be grateful knowing that you saved money for better games.   :)

Problem is, are the results not going to become skewed because people who didn't play just randomly vote to see the results? :p

The other issue is that this site has about 1.5M users with about 300 that are typically online at any given time... and from what I see they're the same 300 always on and posting..lol. And word on the screets is they don't like TOR  LOL

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

So what's the point here? I haven't seen EA/BW say they haven't lost any subs; as in no one has quit. They seem to be currenlty saying the the sub number is not dropping which means that for everyone here who quit, someone else has taken their place.

So, yeah, fail poll is fail.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Who the hell cares if someone stopped playing a game?? I swear some people will come up with the most ridiculous and meaningless posts just for a little attention.

• pags411pags411 Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Who the hell cares if someone stopped playing a game?? I swear some people will come up with the most ridiculous and meaningless posts just for a little attention.

Thankfully, you're here to validate them with responses.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

So what's the point here? I haven't seen EA/BW say they haven't lost any subs; as in no one has quit. They seem to be currenlty saying the the sub number is not dropping which means that for everyone here who quit, someone else has taken their place.

Which is a ridiculous notion within itself. To say  this early in the game's life they haven't had any growth or loss and are somehow magically hovering around the same 1.7 million number (or whatever the fuck it is since even then they never said how many were paying) is simply asinine. I would believe they had growth more than trying to say it is the same. Incidentally same as compared to what? They never have said how many PAID subs they had at at any given time yet.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I pre-orderd and played the headstart. 7 of my rl freinds did the same thing. None of us are playing now.  Tor has definitely lost subs. But I loged in for an hour in the free week. My server at least was still just as populated as ever.

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279

I agree, I guess some people have nothing to do in their pointless lives apart from making meaningless posts on the internet.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by Dranny

I agree, I guess some people have nothing to do in their pointless lives apart from making meaningless posts on the internet.

I agree, they are all meaningless.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Oh fer cryin out loud! It's a dam MMO site...How much meaning do you want?

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

I agree.

I do find it slightly amusing to see it is the same people again and again though.

Yes, pretty much everyone that uses this site knows they hate SWTOR/EA/ Bioware etc etc, but they still feel the need to keep telling everyone about it.

Bioware did not claim that noone has stopped playing, they did not even claim that they have not lost a single subscriber, they only claim that subscriber numbers are not dropping.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Dranny

As opposed to all the meaningful and thought pro -

Yeah right, who the fuck are you kidding?

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Which is a ridiculous notion within itself. To say  this early in the game's life they haven't had any growth or loss and are somehow magically hovering around the same 1.7 million number (or whatever the fuck it is since even then they never said how many were paying) is simply asinine. I would believe they had growth more than trying to say it is the same. Incidentally same as compared to what? They never have said how many PAID subs they had at at any given time yet.

Oh, I agree that the plausibility is suspect, but so is the notion that "if I quit, the numbers must drop".

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

This discussion has been closed.