Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small changes could make this game the best

ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

To me, TERA does alot of things right, and makes small errors that change the game drastically. 

The combat system is unique, and makes combat encounters intense and extremely satisfying.  Leveling is good, no sense of grind really (especially for a korean game) I found myself constantly engaged in world bosses, pvp fights, and getting quests done with my play time. 

Now, this is the games Key aspect that NEEEEEEDS to be expanded on, I cant even stress it enough.  OPEN WORLD PVP.  No recent MMO has had it or pulled it off as well as this game has.  Guilds constantly at war, being able to go outlaw and kill others whenever one pleases, this is the kind of Non Carebear experience PVP gamers want.  Now before I go on I'll state that I PvP for the fun and thrill of it, im going to kill people regardless of incentive or reward.  That being said, HAVING incentive or reward would not only encourage more players to join the PvP side of MMO's, but also reward the core PvP'ers with what they deserved.  One thing I liked about Aion was the abyss ( until the game crashed and burned ).  Killing an elyos gave you points, you spend the points for powerful rewards, BUT if you died you lost a solid chunk of said points.  Now thats not the best risk factor, but its better than none.  Something I would personally love to see in this game is player looting or a similar system and I think it would make the TERA experience for alot of players much better.

Played-Everything
Playing-LoL

Comments

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

I'm not much into PvP so I don't know if you are right or not, but why don't you try to bring up this argument on En Masse board?

They seem to listen to players, if you can find a good number of players to supporto you, they may do something in that direction.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

What is the best MMO?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

full loot is bad mmkay need some other reward for pvping you lvl range not lowbies and risk if killing anything to much lower than you

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

Originally posted by Raxeon

full loot is bad mmkay need some other reward for pvping you lvl range not lowbies and risk if killing anything to much lower than you

Full loot can work. But it can only work when item stats are meaningless so lossing your armor and weapons isn't a huge deal cause you can replace it easy enough again. sure some good stuff can be in the game than but it shouldn't be as important as armors are in WoW for example.

And i agree with the other poster, you can count on it that highest lvls gonna gank the lowest lvl when ever possible and than say they shouldn't be carebears blabla while they fight unfair fights. Im gonna roll on a pvp server cause i love how the pvp is in this game but i don't see any reasons to have loot options from players in this game. It needs to be made for it from the start and not added later while it had been desigend otherwise. Cause it will destroy the balance that way.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Jorendo

Full loot can work. But it can only work when item stats are meaningless so lossing your armor and weapons isn't a huge deal cause you can replace it easy enough again. sure some good stuff can be in the game than but it shouldn't be as important as armors are in WoW for example.

And i agree with the other poster, you can count on it that highest lvls gonna gank the lowest lvl when ever possible and than say they shouldn't be carebears blabla while they fight unfair fights. Im gonna roll on a pvp server cause i love how the pvp is in this game but i don't see any reasons to have loot options from players in this game. It needs to be made for it from the start and not added later while it had been desigend otherwise. Cause it will destroy the balance that way.

Pretty much with full loot game, gear litteraly has to be meanless, like its so easy to obtain new set. Also I still don't get killing lower lvl. Its like PvE but only easier WAY easier. Man i play this game to find challenge lol, why  i fight duels, DMs, and GvG where we are out numbered msot of time XD Those are fun and challenging. 1 shooting noobs o.o? I just don't get it = well i guess at least give me some place to PvP when I'm bored (aka killing pkers)

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Pretty much with full loot game, gear litteraly has to be meanless, like its so easy to obtain new set. Also I still don't get killing lower lvl. Its like PvE but only easier WAY easier. Man i play this game to find challenge lol, why  i fight duels, DMs, and GvG where we are out numbered msot of time XD Those are fun and challenging. 1 shooting noobs o.o? I just don't get it = well i guess at least give me some place to PvP when I'm bored (aka killing pkers)

Exactly! I really don't see the fun in ganking lower lvls as it provides no challenge. How can you feel great about a fight (no mather the outcome) when you didn't had to work for it. I know there are many pvpers who say that it is a carebear whining but i really don't see the point in attacking people who can't defend themselfs to you. Good to see there are more people thinking like that, and i really liked it that during the closed beta people where gathering groups of higher lvls to fight high lvl gankers who went after low lvls.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

games must be designed around world pvp these days .. if war/ilum haven't taught us that .. we will never learn.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Exactly! I really don't see the fun in ganking lower lvls as it provides no challenge. How can you feel great about a fight (no mather the outcome) when you didn't had to work for it. I know there are many pvpers who say that it is a carebear whining but i really don't see the point in attacking people who can't defend themselfs to you. Good to see there are more people thinking like that, and i really liked it that during the closed beta people where gathering groups of higher lvls to fight high lvl gankers who went after low lvls.

I mean pretty much it just shows you too scared and/or lack skill to fight anyone your lvl. Idk 1 shooting a lvl 11 player is like same as 1 shooting a lvl 11 mob, only at least the mob give you drops. I mean I see those player as the real carebears, why don't they go pk people own lvl? o wait they are the carebears because they are scared of having to fight people on equal terms.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Meh...who cares about full loot? Meaningless armor...why do I want to loot that? I want large battles, control of territories, guilds aligned or at odds with each other.

I really won't care about taking one individual's items...so what...they rez in town and do a naked run of shame to the broker? This concept does not fit this game. The old days of hard core consequences are over (not looking at you Indie devs). These are mass audience games with high production costs...UO is "gone". Deal with it.

I think the system, when fully in place, is similar to an updated Lineage2 PvP system. Yeah, you got your outlaws and there are minor consequences on an individual level...but pvp is more political...GvG. Give me some damn reason to fight for a guild, sounds like fun.

I like fighting enemies or (virtually) despising you or your kind. There are no factions here, but at the same time, there are hundreds of factions.