Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you ever physically damaged anything because of MMORPG / FPS rage?

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Worst I can claim is a flaky headset wire, sorry.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Never out of anger but many a keyboard and one laptop have gone to digital heaven because of spilled beer/soda/water in moments of clumsiness...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Yes. My hand because I slammed my first into it. It didn't require medical attention, but it was lightly bruised. I may also have slammed my open hand down on my desk a time or two.  Maybe strained my throat a little from cursing and swearing as well. (But I never direct such venom at the other player. I just say GG, or whatever, and blame the loss on myself. That's what galls me the most, actually.) It was a couple of years ago.  I was then a middle-aged adult. Judge me however you want. I don't seem to get that excited about it now. But still...

Yes. You can say I'm immature or whatever, but I get emotional during pvp from Darkfall when my heart is pounding to WoW battlegrounds and  arenas.  

• DIR3W0LFDIR3W0LF Member UncommonPosts: 64

i've broken my mouse twice when i threw it away.. since then i went old school with a cord ;)

• TwystedWizTwystedWiz Member UncommonPosts: 175

"Have you ever physically damaged anything because of MMORPG / FPS rage?"

LMAO, no.  How retarded is that?  Breaking real stuff because a video game made you mad?  HAHAHA.  Sounds like something a spoiled little retard would do.

Some people's kids...

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Not an MMO but I broke a controller playing FFX - trying to get Lulu's Ultimate weapon.

Dodge lightning x 200 consecutively on the thunder plains - and I kept failing at 180+. Wasn't mad at the game, just at myself, flung the controller at the wall and smashed it. Oopsy. First and only instance of game-rage.

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

I lost about 2 wireless mice to games. They are still around, dusty, broken, sobbing.

STOPPING WORKING IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ARENA IS NOT ADVISED.

• lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553

I feel pity for those who gamerage.  That is all.

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

My throat from yelling at people not doing what they are supposed to be doing :)

50 DKP MINUS!!!!!!!

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

From a game? lol never

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

My husband has broken about 5 keyboards over the years and a monitor, since DAOC days. These days he just yells at the screen, I got him a glass desk for his bday one year he has to use, so he doesn't dare slam anything down on it... lol.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I sometimes get frustrated and annoyed over something in a game but I never rage. It's just not humanly possible to piss me off so much so that I end up raging :D But that's me being a very calm person in real life too :D So no, I haven't damaged anything. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

When I was playing TFC competitively, and there was money on the line, I was known to break mice. Never destroyed a keyboard or a CPU tower, but I've certainly punched my share of monitors, luckily to no effect. After I stopped playing FPS tournies or live events, things seemed to even out. Now if I clan play, I take things casually, show up only when it's convenient rather than restructuring my schedules, and focus upon finding ways for games to make me laugh. It's helped tremendously.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by niceguy3978

This is why I never understood why people "need" a harsh death penalty to avoid death.  I get so damn pissed off when I die that I don't need a death penalty to avoid it.

Exactly the same here.  So many mice clicked their last as a result of my deaths that I'm embarrassed to even think about it.  For some, DP is measured in time and gold lost.  I measure it in obliterated mice and dollar bills.  Thankfully I've begun to mellow in my old age.  I've had my most recent one for almost six months now.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

No, but this is a hilarious thread. Keep em coming!!

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Well...it was Arc The Lad Collection if it counts...One of the disks werent working (iirc it was the 5th) and I just raged.  I was like "GRAWWRRRGG ARRRRGGG GROOOOOOOWWWWRRRR" then I took all the cds and case and tossed it out of the window.  Bad idea cuz it hit my moms car and made a small dent on the roof :(  I got beat up that day...

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

have a really wierd story from my youth, freaked me out rightly bad.

I was playing an old mmorpg game called Astonia 3(props if any of you recognize it), anyway they had some really bad death penalties in the game back then and i ended up dying and lost like 6 hours of grinding in pents(best area for exp) and i got sooooo mad and i had an empty glass cup on my computer desk and it just exploded/shattered.

I ran out of the room screaming for my mom(lol). I didn't touch it at all, nor did it fall, just shattered.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by TwystedWiz

LMAO, no.  How retarded is that?  Breaking real stuff because a video game made you mad?  HAHAHA.  Sounds like something a spoiled little retard would do.

Some people's kids...

In the 6th grade I used to go over to this guys house.  His name was Earnie.  Hahahaha.  Sorry....ahem....

Anyways this guy would play Mortal Kombat.  And he never let me play I just had to watch.  However I would go over there just to watch and Id say, " Can I watch you play Mortal Kombat? " even though I had it at home too.  Watching him play was more fun.  Why? 

Because he wasnt very good at it.  And he would scream and cry if he got beat by the computer.  And by that I mean literal tears of rage and anger.   I saw him break two controllers in his fits.  His mom would come in and say, " Earnie what is going on!? "   " THIS GAME IS CHEATING MOM!  I CANT BEEEEEEAAAT HIM! ".  I actually watched his mom leave the house one time, come back, with a new controller for him.  Spoiled little fart.  I said, " Are you gonna break that one too? ".   "IF THIS GAME DOESNT STOP CHEATING I WILL! " 

Now I did usually hold in my laughter but it was a great source of amusement for me.  If he heard me laughing he'd yell " SHUT UP! " and Id say, " Sorry sorry....please continue. "  It was great.  I wish I had thought to bring popcorn.  This was before Youtube and that kind of thing, otherwise I would have so video taped it.  I swear it would have gone viral in a day.  It was just so great. 

I miss watching Earnie play Mortal Kombat.  Sigh.....

• ShaydrynShaydryn Member UncommonPosts: 16

Originally posted by Corehaven

Some people's kids...

In the 6th grade I used to go over to this guys house.  His name was Earnie.  Hahahaha.  Sorry....ahem....

Anyways this guy would play Mortal Kombat.  And he never let me play I just had to watch.  However I would go over there just to watch and Id say, " Can I watch you play Mortal Kombat? " even though I had it at home too.  Watching him play was more fun.  Why? 

Because he wasnt very good at it.  And he would scream and cry if he got beat by the computer.  And by that I mean literal tears of rage and anger.   I saw him break two controllers in his fits.  His mom would come in and say, " Earnie what is going on!? "   " THIS GAME IS CHEATING MOM!  I CANT BEEEEEEAAAT HIM! ".  I actually watched his mom leave the house one time, come back, with a new controller for him.  Spoiled little fart.  I said, " Are you gonna break that one too? ".   "IF THIS GAME DOESNT STOP CHEATING I WILL! " 

Now I did usually hold in my laughter but it was a great source of amusement for me.  If he heard me laughing he'd yell " SHUT UP! " and Id say, " Sorry sorry....please continue. "  It was great.  I wish I had thought to bring popcorn.  This was before Youtube and that kind of thing, otherwise I would have so video taped it.  I swear it would have gone viral in a day.  It was just so great. 

Lmfao, I love this post so much.

I'd wager Earnie is now a successful raid-leader in WoW.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Originally posted by Shaydryn

Some people's kids...

Lmfao, I love this post so much.

I'd wager Earnie is now a successful raid-leader in WoW.

LOL!!

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162

Some people's kids...

LMFAO,this reminds me of a guy I saw on Youtube playing Halo on Xbox Live and just going ballistic and throwing things.

The only thing i've ever damaged was my thumb from a blister playing to much Super Mario 3!

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

I've owned a computer of one sort or another for more than 30 years, and have never broken anything yet because of something so trivial as rage over a mere game.  What's to rage about?

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

thrown a few keyboards and mice in my time

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

A couple of mice have been on the business end of my hammer when they've crapped out mid game.  Mind you, by "crapped out," I mean finally giving up the ghost and dying for good...before getting smashed by an Estwing.

When I was a kid, a couple of controllers were lost to childish rage.  But, that kind of lashing out was short lived when I had to pay for the replacements out of my own pocket.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Lol, it is just a game and since I know that I've never ever caused any physical damage because of a game. 

Same here.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"