Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any mention for the BWE client ?

2»

Comments

• sidhaethesidhaethe Member Posts: 861

13.3 GB... not too bad.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

If the launcher app says clearly we are not under the NDA, then it should be ok to talk about it at this point. If the download size is a little over 13 GB, that may account for the addition of Lion's Arch and the surrounding zone. If the GW2 launcher exe were to be patching to what is clearly labeled as the WBE client, then I'm going to speculate that it's a pretty good bet they will be widely distributing the client today. :)

BTW, I've been moving some older games from my C drive to a back up drive to get things tidy for the GW2 client. Moved Rift and LotRO clients with no problem, but the FFXIV client? Well, that's as big a mess as the game it self. 167, 737 files to be moved, which is always infinitely slower than just moving a few files of the same total size. If the GW2 client is just the small launcher and one large data file, that would be so much cleaner, more efficient and easier to move around as need be.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

Yall sure about the 13gb?

I've downloaded 7,337 MB of data, and only 36% done.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by zidane01970

oooo... maybe we'll get some Sylvari or Asura starting zones.

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

I heard they added Lion's Gate (Or something like that, some hub city), but would that constitute 7-8 GB of data?

If I was 100% certain that there would be no complications from confirming that it was about 13.3 GB on the HD, I'd 100% confirm it. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Based on GWI's screenshot, it shows at 22% about 4GB was downloaded.  That would put the client at around 20GB.  

In about 8 hours and 10 minutes we will be at the three day mark and counting down for the start of WBE. I'm going to guess that the client will be officially available in time to give people the full three days to DL, for those on really slow connections.

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168

I just ran the old client and it updated. New launcher and downloading the BWE files !

Edit: 1 Gb downloaded and the laucher says the game is 5% done.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I heard they added Lion's Gate (Or something like that, some hub city), but would that constitute 7-8 GB of data?

I think they added a lot more than that. Not sure.

I will definitely be making a journey to check out the new lion's arch, though! May need to make a thread to see if anyone wants a run. Hopefully it's in the same spot as it was in GW1, lol.

• SIRKRASIRKRA Member UncommonPosts: 66

total is 12,7gb so don't worry not so big.

• camil82camil82 Member UncommonPosts: 50

im thinking they are releaseing the client download a bit to late, and with a bigger download its a bit frustrating it.

they should have given the download client atleast 5 or seven days ahead from beta, and not 2 or less das befoe it starts, because many people will download it at once and probally the download will be slow as hell, not to mention that usually not everyone has same and fast download speed, so it will take a long time for them.

i think this was a not good move to do by arenanet.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Downloaded it this morning. 3 days is enough even for people with slower connections, but honestly if you can't get 200+ kbps out of your connection you shouldn't be playing online probably.

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

oooo... maybe we'll get some Sylvari or Asura starting zones.

I wish. But not this weekend.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

You guys can login to account.guildwars2.com?  I can't, and even on forgot password I put in my email and it says 'failed'.  I know this is the right email because I have the confirmation sent to it that I registered with my user name and my 4 digit code. 

edit:  So yeah I was all excited that GW2 let me update my email because my GW email is just a spam email now that I never use.  However linking the accounts and even updating the email still made this email my GW2 account login.  BAH I want to delete this email account...

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Originally posted by Arawulf

Based on GWI's screenshot, it shows at 22% about 4GB was downloaded.  That would put the client at around 20GB.  

If you close the client and reload it, then it will go back to 0%, but resume downloading exactly from where it left off.

So that % indicater is a bit off.  I think it shows the % of the total number of files to download you have done.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Oh and not only is the % indicator off, the download speed is out as well.  The downloader says 283 KB/sec for me, but I'm registering it downloading at 4x that speed.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Originally posted by ProfRed

You guys can login to account.guildwars2.com?  I can't, and even on forgot password I put in my email and it says 'failed'.  I know this is the right email because I have the confirmation sent to it that I registered with my user name and my 4 digit code. 

edit:  So yeah I was all excited that GW2 let me update my email because my GW email is just a spam email now that I never use.  However linking the accounts and even updating the email still made this email my GW2 account login.  BAH I want to delete this email account...

Just FYI support said that they will give the ability to update the GW linked account and thus the GW2 account email at a later date. 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Just a quick note - NDA doesn't end until the event, and please do not post links to the client that aren't official. We can't leave them up because we can't vouch for them, so even while you might say they're safe, we'll have to remove them.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.