Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you ever physically damaged anything because of MMORPG / FPS rage?

DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

My uncle had just gotten angry at Battlefield. He slammed his fist on his desk. However, the vibrations knocked over his Mtn. Dew causing it to spill all over his keyboard.

lol. I'm still laughing.

I once punched a box of Cpt. Crunch cereal off my desk.

What about you?

:)

Comments

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Two wireless mice that decided to die at the most inopportune times (one hit the wall, one went through my screen window).  I've since gone back to a regular wired mouse :D!

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I've lost a set of Headphones and a keyboard to Rage from playing competitive Glad level Arenas in WoW. 

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

How about football manager game rage? http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=1845  (link for you Yanks) Playing this game on my Amiga back in 1990longtime. Lost the championship on the last day of the season. I had a momentary teenage tantrum which involved stamping my feet on the floor which resulted in my knees smacking into the underside of my desk on the rebound  and knocking my Amiga onto the floor and smashing it. I was not a happy bunny. Teenagers..........So so angry.......and spotty.

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323

Mice and a smashed laptop.  Don't ask.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Between my friends and I many a NES was sledgehammered, mostly over MK cheese, does that count? :)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I broke a controller weekly playing NHL '94.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I threw a kitchen knife at my dreamcast once when it shut down in the middle of a Spul Calibur round. The knife stuck into the side of the case. It was fine though

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I was trying to glitch my way to world 8-1 in the original Mario on NES, got stuck indefinitely, and got so angry the Challenger exploded.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

This is why I never understood why people "need" a harsh death penalty to avoid death.  I get so damn pissed off when I die that I don't need a death penalty to avoid it.

• LiltihiaLiltihia Member Posts: 19

My lungs from taking a smoke break waiting for everyone to get to the raid.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Yes-hemorrhoids for sitting too long with grinds ingame.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

About 4 or 5 keyboards, 9 or 10 mice, some worth over $100 when they were utterly destroyed. Oh and one old CRT monitor I did in with a hatchet while it was still on. (Possibility of death by electrocution wasn't even a thought in my mind I was so pissed off that time.) For the love of me... I don't recall what I was playing when they all happened.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• Ardell91Ardell91 Member Posts: 5

However, the vibrations knocked over his Mtn. Dew causing it to spill all over his keyboard.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Err ... no ?

And I never use wireless keyboards or mice ... they are IMHO an extremely stupid idea. With a wire, I can use a keyboard or mice endlessly and without problem until they reach the end of their lifetime. Without, I get all kinds of trouble with chargeable batteries and limited runtime and having to get the signal through and in case of the keyboard, its not the even the most remote improvement over the wired version in respect to useability.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

I did once lose it so bad while playing Paperboy on my C64 back in '85 that I smashed my Konix joystick on the floor, I was pissed at myself about that as it was an expensive Joystick, that was the first & last time, but I was only 14 then.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by niceguy3978

This is why I never understood why people "need" a harsh death penalty to avoid death.  I get so damn pissed off when I die that I don't need a death penalty to avoid it.

Agreed.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

i hit the side of my desktop so hard once (must be little more then 10 years ago) that i could not use the side panel anymore (had more cooling since then :p )

It was not because of a game but because my comp kept on freezing on me and it was a new comp.

That day i learned that i needed to chill out when my pc isnt doing what i want.

Maybe being an IT dude for the last ten years professionaly helped my new computers alot since i knew what i was doing after my ICT studies :p hehe

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Lol, it is just a game and since I know that I've never ever caused any physical damage because of a game. 

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Lol, it is just a game and since I know that I've never ever caused any physical damage because of a game. 

I have, when I was 8 or 9.  Actually not even then.  I think the most I did was I threw a Nintendo controller and put a little nick in the wall. 

Im 30 now.  No I dont throw fits.  Although I do admit about 6 years ago when I was playing a lot of WoW I did occasionally punch the desk.  Only because that rare thing would drop in an instance Ive run 100 times and some mage thought they needed a greatsword.  BUT WHY?  " To sell it.  I need the money. "   *desk punch*  

But even then not damaging.  Now I have punched holes in doors and walls before.  Very fail of me.  Ive learned since to control my anger but that wasnt game based.  So no.....I dont think Ive ever broken anything due to game rage.  Kind of silly really. 

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Originally posted by mmoDAD

My uncle had just gotten angry at Battlefield. He slammed his fist on his desk. However, the vibrations knocked over his Mtn. Dew causing it to spill all over his keyboard.

lol. I'm still laughing.

What about you?

Nah I tend to avoid physical rage.  I tend to be a pretty laid back person and don't get angry often tend toward being dejected than angry at anything.

Ironically though I did recently get po'd because my ps3 controller was messed up and "activating' all the different buttons randomly making almost every game unplayable, after one particularly frustrating episode I threw it to the floor which strangley enough knocked whatever was out of kilter back into place thus fixing the controller which had been getting worse for some six months. Maybe i should slam things more often. 

Also I don't pvp much at all and from my experience the direct competition does seem to tap into depths of feelings I'm not used to experiencing as I remember exhibiting some pretty beastly behavior during my pvp days in SWG.

• LatellaLatella Member Posts: 189

Does smashing a wireless mouse against the wall upon discovering my irl gf was having an e-affair with a guild mate count?

Rawr.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Never really broke anything, but my wife do think i'm good for the asilium anyway. Tbh honest i usually rage more when my system is giving me weird responses, than in gaming. I just hate when the comp is freaking out and i have no clue why. I tend to keep a system running for years, sometime they even go through multiple hardware upgrades, waiting for multiple windows to come out, so i'm not the kind that reinstall window each time i use a new software.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by mmoDAD
    lol. I'm still laughing.

What about you?

Yeah, maybe when i was 5 and threw the controller across the room.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

I have, when I was 8 or 9.  Actually not even then.  I think the most I did was I threw a Nintendo controller and put a little nick in the wall. 

Same here.  I've grown up since then.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville