Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BW still say Subs for Tor Have Not Dropped

Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Comments

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Total Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

I jsut logged on, Primetime and on the Empire side there were 67 people in the Fleet and on Republic side there were 43.  Even a month ago there was 100+ per side so I call shenanigans on Biofail.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Total Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

I jsut logged on, Primetime and on the Empire side there were 67 people in the Fleet and on Republic side there were 43.  Even a month ago there was 100+ per side so I call shenanigans on Biofail.

Aye, it's kinda sad when someone playing Tor gets excited if they see over 100 in the fleet area. Even at release and a month out, playing on Jung Ma, I rarely ever ran into anyone while leveling several 50's. I would see maybe 1-10 people on any given planet after the starting area. It felt like I was playing all alone so I didn't give them any more mula. I really tried to give them a chance.

Dark Age of Camelot

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

They are clearly hitting the pipe.

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

Of course it didn't when they gave anyone who might have wanted to quit 30 free days.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

“To that end, more variety in daily quests is also a priority. “

Seriously? More boring, daily grinds? I can't believe they think quest grinding is a priority for end game. Ughhh

Dark Age of Camelot

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

free to play = sub too now I guess.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Originally posted by Tayah

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/23/bioware-doing-anything-and-everything-to-keep-players-logging-in-to-swtor/

I believe they're in denial myself but there's the article.

Forget SW:ToR, I saw your sig:

DAoC Guin forever!  Armyn Ab Treanid! Rhiadan! Vae Victis.  And God bless Granarc, rest in peace friend.  Companies like Bioware don't have  a clue as to how to create the type of mmorpg and community we had on that server.

Originally posted by Comaf

Forget SW:ToR, I saw your sig:

DAoC Guin forever!  Armyn Ab Treanid! Rhiadan! Vae Victis.  And God bless Granarc, rest in peace friend.  Companies like Bioware don't have  a clue as to how to create the type of mmorpg and community we had on that server.

Reckoning Member here from Mid/Guin .. Good to see another Guinevere member! image

Dark Age of Camelot

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

Originally posted by Kakkzooka

image Made me laugh.

Dark Age of Camelot

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

2 instances of the fleet tonight so my server is on the up... but, their free 30 days thing is worked to encourage people to pony up for another month before the 25th when they don't have to. Their billing system is messed up atm also, i cancelled mine a couple of weeks ago and should have run out on the 19th but it's still active and playable with no paid time on it and the free 30 days hasn't been added yet.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

If they say so... I wish them the best and all.  Still sad this game didn't turn out to be anywhere near the Star Wars experience I had been dreaming of for an MMORPG but ah well.  Glad someone's enjoying it enough.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Betting that they're counting the free weekend accounts.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

This the same Bioware that said months ago they were implementing anti-aliasing only to add in the graphic toggle for it and not actually implement it? The same Bioware that waited until the last moment before announcing that Ranked Warzone's weren't gonna be in 1.2? The same Bioware that promised living, breathing worlds?

Sorry, I just don't trust anything they claim at this point.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Originally posted by DeaconX

If they say so... I wish them the best and all.  Still sad this game didn't turn out to be anywhere near the Star Wars experience I had been dreaming of for an MMORPG but ah well.  Glad someone's enjoying it enough.

wasn't what i expected either, but i still had a lot of fun with it.

was a great game to go from 1-50 in, even a couple of different characters.  being story based i thought it had a great base and i've recommended it to friends for that.

i have a hard time believing though that it would retain the majority of its subs once that story aspect of the game is exhausted, and really how long can that take?  to echo the above post, more power to those who are finding it fun once the story is gone.

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

Originally posted by Ryukan

This the same Bioware that said months ago they were implementing anti-aliasing only to add in the graphic toggle for it and not actually implement it? The same Bioware that waited until the last moment before announcing that Ranked Warzone's weren't gonna be in 1.2? The same Bioware that promised living, breathing worlds?

Just out of curiosity, what were your expecatations for a living, breathing world?

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

was a great game to go from 1-50 in, even a couple of different characters.  being story based i thought it had a great base and i've recommended it to friends for that.

i have a hard time believing though that it would retain the majority of its subs once that story aspect of the game is exhausted, and really how long can that take?  to echo the above post, more power to those who are finding it fun once the story is gone.

I can say completely honestly that of the over 20 people I knew who got the game, only ONE still plays.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

I can say completely honestly that of the over 20 people I knew who got the game, only ONE still plays.

I've followed the game since December 2008, I've beaten TOR's drums for 4'ish years. I regret wasting those years. My six month should run out soon. -1 sub.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

What has happened is they reactivated all the folks who had canceled and counted those subs, even though it was a free 30 days.

On Taro Blood prime time tonight, 62 in fleet on empire, 48 republic.

I can say before 1.2 the guild that I was in that just fell apart, was running operations 5 nights a week before 1.2 now only has 2 active members after the wife and I just left the guild.

I'm sure it is like that all over,  We have 6 month subs plus the extra 30 days after that its all over but the crying.

Bioware got to be crazy to say their subs are not falling.  I know 12 folks who canceled 3 days after 1.2 was released in the guild we were in.

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163

Originally posted by Sora2810

I've followed the game since December 2008, I've beaten TOR's drums for 4'ish years. I regret wasting those years. My six month should run out soon. -1 sub.

Same here, and I don't regret it..I am sad that it didn't even live up to me..who loved everything about it in the beggining. 

(-_-)

• prizm1234prizm1234 Member UncommonPosts: 109

subs may not have dropped, but active players sure as hell have dropped significantly.

yes i am still playing, and yes I am what some would term a defender of the game. but the truth speaks for itself, there is a large decrease in the number of people actually logging in and playing the game from where it was a couple of months ago.

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163

I have payed 15 a month since the game started and don't plan on unsubscribing, but I took a 2 month break already. 

(-_-)

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Of course subscriber number havent dropped since they keep having Free Weekends, 25 Friend Invites, 30day/7day Free. Even those that have cancelled still have active accounts

Bioware wont let anybody leave.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

I have no idea how a game that has lost so many concurrent players has maintained their subscription rates.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by Jakard

Originally posted by Ryukan

Just out of curiosity, what were your expecatations for a living, breathing world?

I can't say I had a real vision of a living, breathing world for SWTOR, but the gameworld as it is feels fairly static and copy paste in places...it's hard to describe. It's more like a feeling of lack of immersion.

The lack of day/night cycle is one issue; having spent a lot of time in games like Asheron's Call, Star Wars Galaxies and LotRO which all have day/night cycles I notice the lack of it and how it detracts from the level of immersion.

In places I notice groups of npc's that are entirely identical in appearance and I'm not just referring to groups of soldiers or other NPCs wearing full armor suits that would look similar; I'm referring to NPC's with physical appearances that make them look like clones. One example of this is right at the beginning of the Tython starter area, the same two character models are copy pasted for 80% of the npc's in this area. I noticed this same thing repeatedly during the course of the gameplay to 50.

The grindy nature of the end game does not help add any immersion or dynamics to the gameworld,

Elements of the game engine that could add to the visual immersion of the gameworld are pretty poor; shadow effects are bad, the draw distance on things like grass is really poor, the shaders act questionably at times especially during cutscenes.

On planets like Hoth and Tatooine there is almost zero significant weather effects. I at least expected to see some serious snow storms rage across the surface of Hoth while questing around there, but I guess we were experiencing what passed for Hoth's "temperate" zones hehe.

I hope I don't come across like I hate the game, I don't. I enjoyed the game at first and I am still playing through some of the storylines, but many in my Republic guild chapter have quit and the end game is pretty boring for me, especially the PvP. I feel the gameworld lacks dynamics and graphical flair to make it feel more immersive and "alive".