Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: The Best of SWTOR Update 1.2

Comments

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

So awesome that i am not playing anymore. I think you have to be a major fanboy to enjoy the new patch.

• TenebrionTenebrion Member Posts: 179

SWTOR is terrible, and so is this patch. I just wish Bioware would stop spamming me with "Please come back!" offers.

Content Writer for RTSGuru.com
    And overall bitter old man.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Still playing and still having a blast.

Note: the "5 best" list was that of the AUTHOR and not particularly the 5 best of anyone else.

Some of 1.2 stuff is not coming until a later patch (1.2.1 , 1.2.2....) .

Anyone that has played an Op on Hard Mode (Lost Island) can not say the game is on "easy mode".

Comparing SWG graphics as being better the SWTOR equals fail. I played SWG and while the graphics were fine when released, they would not compare to what you get with SWTOR.

Long load times are directly a factor of the age of your computer. Had slow times prior to upgrading and now I am loading extremely fast.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

The very best of 1.2 still feels pretty 'meh' to me. Too much fluff and more grind. I really wanted to love SWTOR; wanted it to be the game I played for years...but it's not. I doubt I will be playing it past the summer.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Another nice attempt at creating a positive spin out of a totally lack-lustre experience, staff.

The patch displeased more people than it satisfied if you look at the official and non-official forums.

There was nothing added to make the level 50's experience worth continuing, hence the free giveaways.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I could've used that level 1 sprint on Correscant (no idea how to spell it). That was simply beyond boring ;/

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

I fear(?) what will happen to this game once Diablo 3, GW2, and even TERA are out

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

There are no fewer than six (6) articles, "columns", and "news stories" (not that there is any difference at this site, they are mixed and matched in different sections all the time) about the 1.2 patch for TOR and elements contained in it.

This is all for one patch, for one game.

One has to think this site has some vested interest in promoting this game for this kind of attention.

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323

I see the weekly SWTOR fluff piece quota is still in effect.

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100

Anyone else think it's funny that people who "claim" to have left the game still like posting in the SWTOR forum?  I mean it's your right and all just a tad strange...jes saying

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by Burntvet

There are no fewer than six (6) articles, "columns", and "news stories" (not that there is any difference at this site, they are mixed and matched in different sections all the time) about the 1.2 patch for TOR and elements contained in it.

This is all for one patch, for one game.

One has to think this site has some vested interest in promoting this game for this kind of attention.

Stop reading into things so astutely.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

Originally posted by MikeB

Update 1.2: Legacy has turned out to be a massive update for Star Wars: The Old Republic and frankly there are too many awesome things in the update to list them all. Instead, we’re picking five of our favorite additions and changes from ‘Legacy’ to highlight as part of The List this week.

It was amusing hearing people complain of the lengthy travel times in Star Wars: The Old Republic when the game launched. Heck, even I complained about it. Then, I began to think all the way back to games like Star Wars Galaxies where I regularly ran across the world for missions and other adventures before mounts and vehicles became commonplace. And there I was, complaining about the travel times in TOR. #ModernMMOProblems, anyone? Legitimate or not, the fact of the matter is we’ve been trained to want instant gratification due in part to the way MMOs of the last couple of years have been designed and so this fairly tiny addition to Star Wars: The Old Republic makes it into my top five.

Read more of Michael Bitton's The List: The Best of SWTOR Update 1.2.

No matter what you post Mike you will get nothing but people crapping on the game, sad to say poeple really must had huge hopes for this game to be this angry, its a good thing that GW2 will cure cancer and world hunger or we would all be in a bad way.

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267

Originally posted by Kalmarth

Update 1.2: Legacy has turned out to be a massive update for Star Wars: The Old Republic and frankly there are too many awesome things in the update to list them all. Instead, we’re picking five of our favorite additions and changes from ‘Legacy’ to highlight as part of The List this week.

It was amusing hearing people complain of the lengthy travel times in Star Wars: The Old Republic when the game launched. Heck, even I complained about it. Then, I began to think all the way back to games like Star Wars Galaxies where I regularly ran across the world for missions and other adventures before mounts and vehicles became commonplace. And there I was, complaining about the travel times in TOR. #ModernMMOProblems, anyone? Legitimate or not, the fact of the matter is we’ve been trained to want instant gratification due in part to the way MMOs of the last couple of years have been designed and so this fairly tiny addition to Star Wars: The Old Republic makes it into my top five.

No matter what you post Mike you will get nothing but people crapping on the game, sad to say poeple really must had huge hopes for this game to be this angry, its a good thing that GW2 will cure cancer and world hunger or we would all be in a bad way.

Lol - I have yet to find a game people praise on here post release... mines small niche games.

Usually the more hate a game receives on here - the better game it is - minus SWG NGE and a few others of course.

LOTRO is one of the few that doesn't get bashed too badly that I was rank as a top 5 to 10 mmo.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Originally posted by Plaidpants

Originally posted by Kalmarth

Lol - I have yet to find a game people praise on here post release... mines small niche games.

Usually the more hate a game receives on here - the better game it is - minus SWG NGE and a few others of course.

LOTRO is one of the few that doesn't get bashed too badly that I was rank as a top 5 to 10 mmo.

So basically what you're saying is that your own claim is wrong because Lord of the Rings Online doesn't get bashed that much.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by jacklo

Another nice attempt at creating a positive spin out of a totally lack-lustre experience, staff.

The patch displeased more people than it satisfied if you look at the official and non-official forums.

There was nothing added to make the level 50's experience worth continuing, hence the free giveaways.

I havent played swtor in months, but this describes every patch in every game ever.  Forum posters always hate it.

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Nice article but how could you ever consider slicing to be a useless skill when it has always been the single most universal skill by either sending companions on slicing missions or the many terminals around the game worlds it's always been an awesome money making tool.

I don't have a single character over 35 but between all my characters I would say I've got close to a million credits on both the imperial side and republic mostly from the characters I gave slicing to.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

Mike, can you tell us if you have received any payment or gifts or goods in kind for your consistently - some might say unrealistically - positive marketing of SWTOR?

• AdamaiAdamai Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Why can't we all just stop playing till they remake it!! The game is a pile of shit as I said it would be before it was even launched, its you people that look for a reason to play that has caused the massive problem with todays mmo's!!! Stop trying to find good points in a place where nothing good exists.. Some one needs to make an swg 2 so we can be done with swtor and just begone with it!! Sorry to bioware for the crap EA has enstilled upon your good name!

That's right !! EA has turned your games into a quick paced not very fun smash grab!! And that is just something only a child would appreciate. Swtor in my oppinion is a flop !, I brought the game at release logged in used a week or two and uninstalled the game
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by noncley

for your consistently - some might say unrealistically - positive marketing of SWTOR?

Thats what I dont get about MMORPG.com

They are a Professional MMO gaming site. They are supposed to be bias and keep a neutral position and review games warts and all. They are supposed to be the ones to say the Emperor has no robes (/ick)

Yet there hasnt been even 1 neutral review from a MMORPG.com staff member. Let alone a negative one.

Ok there was that 1 about the Analyst that predicted that it was losing subs, but thats the only one.

Dont tell me, as "professional" gamers that run a site dedicated to games, that every single staff member loves SWTOR so much that they dont see the issues it has?

Why no "The Worst of SWTOR"?

To me that reeks of LA/EA/BW Advertising $$ paying for their positive marketing.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I think MMORPG.com's Susie Ford exclaimed in one of their articles that she wasn't a fan of the game.

She being the only one.

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267
    No I clearly said LOTRO seems to be the exception - not the rule - good try though.
  • goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

An article to hype a overhyped patch with meh addittions. Sprint, oh really, what a great feature. The first levels rush by easily so no great help anyway. The legacy is one great moneysink, nothing more. The crewskill system (please don't call it crafting) is a pity for all, who really like crafting. I yet have to see the improvements they talked about in the level below 50...

The flashpoint, operation an new dailys are good for those people who like endgame grinding, no doubt, but I still don't see a reason to hype this patch. We are 5 months into the game, such a patch is pretty common for MMOs.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I think MMORPG.com's Susie Ford exclaimed in one of their articles that she wasn't a fan of the game.
    She being the only one.

She also said "Never before has any other MMO done so extensive a job in breathing life into a game world." which I had in my signature for a while.
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Originally posted by noncley

for your consistently - some might say unrealistically - positive marketing of SWTOR?

Thats what I dont get about MMORPG.com

They are a Professional MMO gaming site. They are supposed to be bias and keep a neutral position and review games warts and all. They are supposed to be the ones to say the Emperor has no robes (/ick)

Yet there hasnt been even 1 neutral review from a MMORPG.com staff member. Let alone a negative one.

Ok there was that 1 about the Analyst that predicted that it was losing subs, but thats the only one.

Dont tell me, as "professional" gamers that run a site dedicated to games, that every single staff member loves SWTOR so much that they dont see the issues it has?

Why no "The Worst of SWTOR"?

To me that reeks of LA/EA/BW Advertising $$ paying for their positive marketing.

You accidentally click on the adverts regardless of the news content, you come here for the forum, EA only place adverts with the more friendly News sites. It's just life.
  • DragoshanDragoshan Member UncommonPosts: 36

The greatest thing they managed to do with 1.2 is completely break the sound, the one and only selling point of this otherwise mediocre game!