Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Casual/Solo possible?

MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

ok first off, I dont care if you hate this game or not, I dont care if you love this game or not.  I dont want to turn this into another troll thread one way or the other.

I played the Beta for all phases now, and I really enjoy the game (and thats all that really matters to me) I dont care that GW2 is uber godly best MMO ever.

My question is as a person who generally gets about 15 hrs a week to play, is it going to be viable to join in the pvp/pve/political system with such a limited time to play.  Am I going to be able to find a guild that will take me knowing I cant be there 6+hrs a day everyday.  By solo I dont mean I only want to be solo, but alot of my time is 30 mins here or there and I dont like to bring a group down, but I love to group if I can dedicate about 2 hrs at a time.

anyways thanks for your help, I havent pre-ordered yet, as this is my major concern still, but also if it is viable, does anyone have a guild for casuals PST late night type players? edit: PVP server

Thanks!

Myrdynn

Comments

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

There was another recent thread discussing this. I can't veryify how many helpful posts are in there but it might be useful:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/348051/Dont-play-this-game-if-you-are-a-Solo-Player.html

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

thanks ill read thru that garbage and hopefully find some insight

much appreciated

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

I'd say you could easily get things done with a time limit like that. LFD is so good for players like yourself, and you could get into the endgame hardmodes. There's an open world event akin to Rifts that are probably casual friendly as well depending on when and how often they happen.  BG's are coming and there's always deathmatches and GvG for fun. There's a lot of varied content coming to Korea that sounds exciting, so we'll see what else we get.

I can't really say much about the political system because we haven't heard a whole lot about it and our K and J-Tera players don't have much info on it either.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

I think that you will have a lot of fun with your limited time. It will take you longer to get level cap but it is def solo-able to lvl cap. PvE has matchmaking and there are PvP battlegrounds incoming in the summer. I would say if you get a casual guild (there are a lot on my server) you will have more than enough on your hands to enjoy :P

Edit: also the way i understand the nexus its like a pick up PVE raid thing. Jump in and jump out at any time sounds perfect for you. Also BAMs take like 10-15 minutes to kill each or so.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

great thanks guys, just decided to make the leap