Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thirteen Years Later... Silver Hand is STILL Going Strong!

ZNICKZNICK Member Posts: 38

Who Else Wants to Join an Established Guild That Has a Super Reputation, Can Hang With The Best, Yet Treats its Members Like Family?

Tired of Logging in and Your Guild is Gone?  That Will NOT Happen Here!

The Order of the Silver Hand (TOSH) is a thirteen year old guild that killed its first mob together on November 2nd, 1999 in Asheron's Call... and have created long-time friendships in many games since!

In Asheron's Call we grew to be one of the most active guilds in the game, and have been in dozens of games since. The "Silver Hand" name is recognized and well known among many long-time gamers, and has allied and fought alongside some of the biggest and best known clans and guilds in the MMORPG genre.

We're looking for new family members for both PvE and PvP to join our tanks in GW2!

If you've joined guilds before that were active for a few weeks, then slowly disappeared, or you logged on one day to find yourself "guildless" and your guild no longer in the game, you'll be happy to know that there's a good chance that we'll outlive most of the other guilds on the server! We know this from experience, we're here for the long term, not a flash in the pan.

We value fun and friendship over "winning at all costs" and although we have some extremely hardcore players and members, we enjoy the journey to end-game as much as the destination....

...we're looking for casual pve players who want to work together to traverse the worlds of GW2, as well as those that lean towards pvp to help capture world pvp targets. In addition, for those who dare, we're looking for a more competitive group to compete on a higher level and round out a team or two in the ranked pvp brackets. (our founder was on a team that held the #1 spot in GW1 for a period of time)

Although structured and always thinking about guild events and activities, we are non-military, and have very few rules besides "have fun", and "don't make the guild look bad".

We're a mature group, most of our members usually average from 25-40 years of age, (even though some members have socks that are 25 years old) but we welcome players of all ages and all levels. We don't judge people by age, but by actions... and expect all members to do the same. We try to keep our chats as clean as possible, but realize that sometimes the passion of the moment can overwhelm us...

We expect to be a medium sized guild, with players focusing on all aspects of the game. To join us, we won't expect you to be interviewed by 11 members, send a blood sample, and write a 46 page application backwards in Gaelic to be accepted. We'll assume you're a "keeper", and boot you later if not, lol.

After proving ones self character-wise, we hope to have new members take responsibility within the guild as well, IF that's something you're interested in. Leaders are welcome!

To join us, check out our forums found at:

www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Or send an email to; 1ezidea @ comcast.net . (remove spaces)

Znick

Join TOSH, 13 Year MMORPG Guild: www.theorderofthesilverhand.com

Comments

• bobsojibobsoji Member Posts: 10

Great bunch of people!

www.paladinsofthephoenix.org
    www.theorderofthesilverhand.com
    www.postcount.net

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Great ad, sounds like a good guild!

Originally posted by Eir_S

Great ad, sounds like a good guild!

Indeed!

www.postcount.net

• ZNICKZNICK Member Posts: 38

Wow... we're growing fast, old members from other games are showing back up, and we're EXCITED to be moving forward in another game!

I want to give a big WELCOME to the new members as well!  I'm sure you've made a wonderful choice... let's rock and roll!

Z

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960

From my experience with them, TOSH is a great guild.

Lots of activity as more news comes out about the game.

Looking forward to seeing everyone ingame this weekend for the first weekend beta event!

www.postcount.net

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Might I ask what the normal play time of the guild is? 

I work 2nd Shift (have been doing so and will continue too for the forseable future)  So I am looking for a like minded fun guild that plays alot after 8 pst, which is 11 est here in the east where I live.  One of the hardest things as a MMO gamer is to log in after work and within an hour or 2 the majority of the guild has gone off to bed and 99% of all guild activities happen around 5 pst. 

This lack of a core guild structure has contributed greatly in me quitting my last 3 MMO's.  I would like to get in a guild that is majority online during till the wee morning hours.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Might I ask what the normal play time of the guild is? 

I work 2nd Shift (have been doing so and will continue too for the forseable future)  So I am looking for a like minded fun guild that plays alot after 8 pst, which is 11 est here in the east where I live.  One of the hardest things as a MMO gamer is to log in after work and within an hour or 2 the majority of the guild has gone off to bed and 99% of all guild activities happen around 5 pst. 

This lack of a core guild structure has contributed greatly in me quitting my last 3 MMO's.  I would like to get in a guild that is majority online during till the wee morning hours.

Many of us do play late hours. I personally do.

A lot of us keep pretty late hours... but if I said I'll be playing untl 5:00 am it'd not be entirely true...  I'm usually around personally until around 1:00.  However, I tend to play a lot in the daytime too, so if you're around then you wouldn't be alone.

We're growing really nicely so I can see us having people around a lot of the time. One thing I'm sure of is you won't login to find no guild or officers around anymore.

Z

• AchrisosAchrisos Member UncommonPosts: 54

How many members are you up to now?

Also do you use a voice chat program?

• SkuldinSkuldin Member Posts: 79

What server for beta?

Thirty years of gaming experience...not sure if I should be proud of that
    www.mmoexaminer.blogspot.com

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

What server and how many members you guys got?

We'll be on the Anvil Rock server for beta, and (I'm kind of guessing) we'll have between two and three dozen people to start with, before we start recruiting.  It may be more, but I don't want to lead people on.

One thing I'm pretty sure of, is we won't be the zerg guild on the server. It's not our style and we don't spam recruiting messages and such.  We'll have a good presence, and our people will be active, loyal and fun.  we have some truly hardcore maniacs and others who are more social, so it's a good mix.

I'd invite you to join us in beta and get to know us a bit...

You can see what our game names end up on our forums once we create characters so you know who to shout out for; www.theorderofthesilverhand.com .

Z(Nick)

(edit) PS- We will probably use vent, but it may end up mumble or something.

Wow, what a GREAT day we all had yesterday!  FYI, we're on 2 servers for this weekend because one filled and locked some of us out.. our "Main" server is Anvil Rock so if you're there or can create or move there, come on down. Our secondary is Henge of Denravi and we have a group there too...

It's only a few days so we're not too concerned, join us in either... we have it setup so we can all chat in the same /g anyway.

Z

Was a great time during beta. Was nice to meeting up with quite a few people ingame as well as vent.

Look forward to meeting people when the next beta weekend event rolls around

www.postcount.net

It sure was!  Now I really feel "teased" though, lol.... I am chomping at the bit more to play now than EVER!

Z

We're all patiently now waiting for the next beta weekend... some of us participated in todays's stress test, but the REAL stress test is waiting for release, lol!

Come join us and let's stress together!

http://theorderofthesilverhand.com

Z

• thedgethedge Member Posts: 46

Hi Z,

I am glad to see you are all still around and doing well! I was one of the members back in the Asherons Call days with the Mayor and the crew. I also did that logo and first web site way back when as well.

I might join you all for GW2. I did the test last night and was very impressed by what the game has to offer.

Anyways, I just had to say hello and give a shout out. TOSH was a very fine guild and I am glad to see it still around today.

Take care,

Edge, Colban, Kolban, Marksedge, etc. etc.

Holy moly!! Now there's a blast from the past... do you realize that was in 1999???

I'd LOVE to have you play with us in GW2. Diedn't you play with your brother too?

Nick

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

To join us, we won't expect you to be interviewed by 11 members, send a blood sample, and write a 46 page application backwards in Gaelic to be accepted. We'll assume you're a "keeper", and boot you later if not, lol.

All right you guys seem to have a sense of humor! Count me in!

• thedgethedge Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by ZNICK
    Holy moly!! Now there's a blast from the past... do you realize that was in 1999???
    I'd LOVE to have you play with us in GW2. Diedn't you play with your brother too?
    Nick

Yes, he is still kickin around in mmo's a bit as well. I am trying to get him to check out GW2 at release.

Sounds super, welcome to the family!

Z

(ack, double post, plz delete)

Originally posted by Blitz555

To join us, we won't expect you to be interviewed by 11 members, send a blood sample, and write a 46 page application backwards in Gaelic to be accepted. We'll assume you're a "keeper", and boot you later if not, lol.

All right you guys seem to have a sense of humor! Count me in!

Sounds super, welcome to the family!

Z

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend.

Looking forward to grouping up /w everyone in the next BWE.

www.postcount.net

It's time!  Since the server we were on in the last beta is full, and we want our new members to be able to move to us or create a character to play with us, we've decided to move to "Nolani Academy" for the rest of the beta events.

Come join us, or just say "hi"!  We've been knocking down keep walls most of the day, and tonight are putting together a tournament team!  :)

http://www.theorderofthesilverhand.com

Nick