Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New AA trailer. Preview of CBT5?

kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9P6T73WtxTE

There moving fast arent they? Looks like the new races are in this vid. One looks like tha Warborn race

Comments

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

what amazes me the most is how much the graphics have improved since earlier betas. that vid looked great and i didnt even watch in HD

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

So is this game like darkfall plus wow?

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

Why show a trailer like that it makes AA look like all the other MMo out there and not show what AA is really about.

Or have they sucumbed to the public demand and gone away from the sandbox theam to the full out Theampark?

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

That trailer was awesome.

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

Originally posted by keenber

Why show a trailer like that it makes AA look like all the other MMo out there and not show what AA is really about.

Or have they sucumbed to the public demand and gone away from the sandbox theam to the full out Theampark?

Just because they didnt show a ton a sandbox elements doesent mean that they " Sucumbed to the public demand" i dont even understand that. what public demand. If anything it seems the public is demanding just the opposite of theampark. I didnt even feel how you did when i watch it. All i could think of was all the new cool shit CBT5 was goin to give us.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Originally posted by kantseeme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9P6T73WtxTE

There moving fast arent they? Looks like the new races are in this vid. One looks like tha Warborn race

Why must you torture me? I am going to have to ban myself from this board. Every new video I see just makes me want to play this game that much more.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• bcofidobcofido Member Posts: 27

01:18 - 01:23 Dwarf vs Giant Tree

01:25 - 01:32 Warborn vs Dragon

720p - Fullscreen - Pause - Look for yourself.

And there´s much more "between the lines".

This trailer shows much more than a first glimpse can get.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

This game might not blow the numbers off the charts, but it looks really interesting the more I look into it. Seems like they are fine tuning things from the outsdie. Would love to get some hands on with her...

This game for no real reason makes me think of UO in my haydays of RP. Like actually RP'ing moves in a battle, then you guys break and duke it out in the mechanics. Then stop and RP some more moves.. LoL

That's player verus player.. in an MMORPG setting. Not this. wait outside of town and just smash all the lowbies that walk out crap that goes on now. I don't even know where this seriously spawned itself. I don't even remember running into situations like that in Everquest..

High hopes for ArheAge though, I really want a MMORPG that I can take slow and grind not only the XP's but the socials. I don't even think I have the time to RP like I used to, shit I don't even know if I have the willpower. Getting past the outside banter, which would've been considered OOC (Out of character) talk/actions used to be frowned on in my RP days..

Before the troll replaced the actual one..

Miss it..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Originally posted by Opapanax

This game might not blow the numbers off the charts, but it looks really interesting the more I look into it. Seems like they are fine tuning things from the outsdie. Would love to get some hands on with her...

This game for no real reason makes me think of UO in my haydays of RP. Like actually RP'ing moves in a battle, then you guys break and duke it out in the mechanics. Then stop and RP some more moves.. LoL

That's player verus player.. in an MMORPG setting. Not this. wait outside of town and just smash all the lowbies that walk out crap that goes on now. I don't even know where this seriously spawned itself. I don't even remember running into situations like that in Everquest..

High hopes for ArheAge though, I really want a MMORPG that I can take slow and grind not only the XP's but the socials. I don't even think I have the time to RP like I used to, shit I don't even know if I have the willpower. Getting past the outside banter, which would've been considered OOC (Out of character) talk/actions used to be frowned on in my RP days..

Before the troll replaced the actual one..

Miss it..

It came with the WoW crowd, and then the subsequent decline of the MMO game genre itself. I tend to avoid PvP centric games now just because of that, but I have high hopes for AA's anti greiving mechanics.

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164

Nice video, I'm getting this game for sure. I'd buy it just for the hang gliding...

• DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464

Kind of leery about getting excited for this game. It has all the extra components that Dark & Light promised (shudder), but admittedly seems to have a much better team. Who knows when or if it will ever be released in NA, I'm really hoping it does though.

Beautiful video.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I am keeping an open mind, but my interest in AA waned a little after I saw some gameplay vids.

Yes, the world is jaw-droppingly amazing, but of what I saw the gameplay looked clunky and dated. By that I mean character models and animations, almost out of place with the great graphics of the landscape. The UI also looks like it needs a lot of work.

Here's an example of what bugged me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXM6VJHZAsU&feature=related. When I watch the vid from the OP's link and this one here they look like totally different games, so I am cautious about the marketing -vs- actual gameplay stuff.

Hopefully these things will be tweaked and polished a lot before we ever see the game.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by Vonatar

I am keeping an open mind, but my interest in AA waned a little after I saw some gameplay vids.

Yes, the world is jaw-droppingly amazing, but of what I saw the gameplay looked clunky and dated. By that I mean character models and animations, almost out of place with the great graphics of the landscape. The UI also looks like it needs a lot of work.

Here's an example of what bugged me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXM6VJHZAsU&feature=related. When I watch the vid from the OP's link and this one here they look like totally different games, so I am cautious about the marketing -vs- actual gameplay stuff.

Hopefully these things will be tweaked and polished a lot before we ever see the game.

OP's link is a trailer made especially for chinese market, to get people interested for ArcheAge.

While I agree it looks very different from gameplay videos (and almost like TERA instead of AA), those of us who are following this game for years now aren't fooled, we know exactly how the game looks like - "clunky and dated" to you, exciting and beautiful to me.

I love how the "clunky and dated" terms literally gets used on every MMO. Maybe the clunky and dated describes the user more so than the game.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by toddze

I love how the "clunky and dated" terms literally gets used on every MMO. Maybe the clunky and dated describes the user more so than the game.

It doesn't really matter about the particular adjectives does it? I even went on to state what I meant.

I am just saying that, to me, the gameplay didn't seem to match the amazing trailers. That said, with the features AA is supposed to have it might not matter in the slightest. I would like to be convinced if anything.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I had not considered the combination of wings and breasts erotic until I watched this trailer, although that is not why I am looking forward to ArcheAge.
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by Decadentia

Kind of leery about getting excited for this game. It has all the extra components that Dark & Light promised (shudder), but admittedly seems to have a much better team. Who knows when or if it will ever be released in NA, I'm really hoping it does though.

Beautiful video.

It seems like they worked out whatever details they needed to with the NCSoft lawsuit, so maybe someone will be interested in picking this up.  I'm curious if that was a major factor that's made publishers hesitant to run with it.

Originally posted by BartDaCat

It seems like they worked out whatever details they needed to with the NCSoft lawsuit, so maybe someone will be interested in picking this up.  I'm curious if that was a major factor that's made publishers hesitant to run with it.

The truth is no one knows why they havent said anything about a publisher yet. There are so many reasons as to why but unless one of us gets a job at XLGames and finds out lets stop with all the doom and gloom. Let us focus on what we do know and keep a eye out for new info and post it as fast as we can.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by bcofido

01:18 - 01:23 Dwarf vs Giant Tree

01:25 - 01:32 Warborn vs Dragon

720p - Fullscreen - Pause - Look for yourself.

And there´s much more "between the lines".

This trailer shows much more than a first glimpse can get.

I see you have a point to make, but i don't see what you are trying to show me....pleas elaborate?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

The truth is no one knows why they havent said anything about a publisher yet. There are so many reasons as to why but unless one of us gets a job at XLGames and finds out lets stop with all the doom and gloom. Let us focus on what we do know and keep a eye out for new info and post it as fast as we can.

How about reading the post before replying to it and going off on some internal tangent.

Originally posted by Vonatar

Originally posted by toddze

It doesn't really matter about the particular adjectives does it? I even went on to state what I meant.

I am just saying that, to me, the gameplay didn't seem to match the amazing trailers. That said, with the features AA is supposed to have it might not matter in the slightest. I would like to be convinced if anything.

Man I must be living under a rock or something because I missed the point in time when trailer footage is the same as gameplay.

How about reading the post before replying to it and going off on some internal tangent.

(What i read in your post in RED)

I did read your post.... twice. What i got from it was more of the same i see in every other post that refers to the same thing. Speculation as to why there isent a US publisher. Hence my reply. Turn down your douchbag dial just a smidge.

[mod edit]

Now, back on topic:

As someone else mentioned, the video didn't really showcase the "sandbox" elements, but it didn't look bad at all, and it makes me wish I could get into the next closed beta.

My so-called "speculation" about the NCSoft lawsuit relates to how eager I am to hear something about a potential North American publisher, now that one of the possible issues holding that news back is out of the way.

Shame on me for posting my thoughts on these forums.  Tsk!

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Archeage looks amazing, especially the video where they were showing off getting attacked by the giant sea monster, if anyone has seen that video it really is something special. 

Its hard how to preceive games like these though, when have we had a game(except skyrim) that has so many facets do well enough to be called sucess let alone have a spectacular player base, like over a million people as in mmos. 

You can tell its Asian roots by looking at gameplay, which I dont mind at all, in fact my favorite game is Aion so it caters to my fancy, but the west Im not sure gets into it as much.

Of course the video looks amazing, but Dragons Dogma does as well, and thats releasing may 25th, cept not on the PC for the love of god!

• AmateAmate Member Posts: 88

Maybe you should follow your own advice, because you're talking crap.

There is no lawsuit between NCsoft and XLgames (ArcheAge), you're mistaking it for the lawsuit against Bluehole (TERA). So nothing to do with ArcheAge at all.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Now, back on topic:

As someone else mentioned, the video didn't really showcase the "sandbox" elements, but it didn't look bad at all, and it makes me wish I could get into the next closed beta.

My so-called "speculation" about the NCSoft lawsuit relates to how eager I am to hear something about a potential North American publisher, now that one of the possible issues holding that news back is out of the way.

Shame on me for posting my thoughts on these forums.  Tsk!

In red is what prompted my comment. Your speculation is just that and its not just you. But these conspiracy theroies as to why we havent heard about a NA publisher are getting old very fast.

PS: ill let the insult go for now seeing i just came back from a 2 week ban.