Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I pre purchased the game but....

PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

Once I prepurchased the digital copy of  game from the Arenanet webpage I received an email saying they would email me a download link. Does anyone know when this will happen and does that mean I will be invited to the beta event the weekend of 4-27.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
8 gig Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

Comments

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Yea expect all the instruction this coming week, hopefully by wednesday.

Cheers and see you in beta

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207

Yes, they said they would email the link this coming week.

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Well if its the full 13+ Gig we have to download they better get their skates on, it would take me 2 days to download that on my crap connection.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Yep, they should be mailing out links by Wednesday, to give people enough time to download the platform. See you in game.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

I jsut got an email today from [email protected] saying i should prepurchase the game to play in the open beta event. WTF are they confused or something I already did my prepurchase

8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

They are just sending those emails to people who had signed up for beta, its no biggie, they are just making sure they remind people again you know.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by Vortigon

Well if its the full 13+ Gig we have to download they better get their skates on, it would take me 2 days to download that on my crap connection.

it was  10.9 for the last downlaod

• rich9995rich9995 Member UncommonPosts: 25

What I am curious about is this 'head start' comment..

Does this mean that these characters we create for the BWE will be already lvl ? when we start the real game?

Otherwise why would it be called a 'head start' vs. a sneak peak.. true beta..

They usually always wipe prior to that, but the name is saved.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Originally posted by cloud8521

it was  10.9 for the last downlaod

I suspect this time it will be larger. They are opening up new zones like Lion's Arch.

• LashersLashers Member Posts: 186

I pre-ordered my copy from Gamestop.  How will that work as far as the beta?  How will arenanet know I pre-ordered from Gamestop?  : )

any input would be appreciated my friends

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Originally posted by whitewolf

I pre-ordered my copy from Gamestop.  How will that work as far as the beta?  How will arenanet know I pre-ordered from Gamestop?  : )

Only pre-purchasing guarantees beta weekend access.  If you purchased, then you should have received a code to register.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Pre-orders arent the same as pre-purchase. Pre-puchase means you bought the whole game.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by rich9995

What I am curious about is this 'head start' comment..

Does this mean that these characters we create for the BWE will be already lvl ? when we start the real game?

Otherwise why would it be called a 'head start' vs. a sneak peak.. true beta..

They usually always wipe prior to that, but the name is saved.

"Head Start" refers to the three day head start period that people who pre-purchase, (one day for simple pre-orders), will get before the game releases. It has nothing to do with beta and beta characters will not carry over into the retail game.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Ouch, you can play MMO on that type of connection?

Thanks everyone for the info!  You're the best

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by nomss

Ouch, you can play MMO on that type of connection?

He may not mean 48 full hours, since not everyone is willing to leave their computers on that long just for a download. And I know some things will at least allow you to pause and resume, even after a shutdown.

And heck, I used to play World of Warcraft on a crap Dial-Up connection, the only caveat was I needed a friend to get the newest patches on a disk for me to install, since it would take forever to DL. The original Guild Wars actually seemed tailor-made for Dial-up too, patches always came quick and never had an issue with the connection.

here's what it says on the gw2 site re: pre-purchase.  i purchased mine from Gamestop this morning.

Access to all Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Events 

Three days of Headstart Access

There's a beta weekend event this weekend right?  will I be eligible for that?

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

here's what it says on the gw2 site re: pre-purchase.  i purchased mine from Gamestop this morning.

Access to all Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Events 
    Three days of Headstart Access

There's a beta weekend event this weekend right?  will I be eligible for that?

If it was a full pre-purchase with the serial number, yes. Once they get the accounts/logins active you should be good.
  • MaceJBMaceJB Member Posts: 3

If you bought the game in full at gamestop as i did (the full $60) then your beta code will be on your gamestop receipt simply go to Guildwars2.com and register your new account/beta code :) good luck and ill see most of you in game this weekend!

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

Finally got my email last night, did the download over night and started the first patch this morning before work. It seems to be going quite well so far, provided nothing breaks before I get home tonight?

8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• starscream76starscream76 Member Posts: 25

I pre-purchased the digital reg. copy on the 17th.  Checked with paypal, and payment went through.  I have yet to receive any email from the gw2 team about the weekend event.  Anyone else still not receive their weekend open beta email?

• Ulrick28Ulrick28 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Same boat here.  I was still able to log in and download the game, but no email as of yet.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Ditto. I have the client downloaded and it accepts my credentials, but no email. There are updates on this matter on the twitter site. It's possible that they're staggering emails through tomorrow to keep the hosting from getting slammed.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

You will get your emails, it took a couple of days to get mine, in the mean time, I was able to log onto the beta site and get everything set up.