Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Open Beta Stress Test This Weekend

124»

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Three bad things:

- Linear, automatic, dumbed down character progression: Where are the trees? Where are the builds? Where are the stats "you should never put a point in as class x"?

- Where are the random, more open maps? In D2 you had to wade through monsters to find the connection to the next area and sometimes you really had to map out a whole area to find it. D3 map design is more like a one way alley with twists and turns.

- Needing an active internet connection to play as a single player: I guess they want to be able to monitor everything to prevent a shitload of possible exploits and hacking because of the cash shop, but yeah. It kind of sucks. They should have offered non-multiplayer, non-cash shop characters that you can also use offline.

Three good things:

- Music, art and atmosphere: Pretty Diabloish to me.

- Monsters and animations: Some creative ideas here and I expect the harder modes and later normal mode to have even more spectacular stuff.

- It's Blizzard and it's Diablo = Polish & vibe. But I have yet to see how this is a worthy successor in both gameplay and mechanics ...

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

Still can't get the launcher to start on Vista, if I run in compatibility mode it starts the launcher, but then the launcher says my OS is underspecc'd so it won't download the game....

Quite ridiculous, sucks for me I guess.....

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Alphamojo
    Still can't get the launcher to start on Vista, if I run in compatibility mode it starts the launcher, but then the launcher says my OS is underspecc'd so it won't download the game....

Can you quote the error?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

Originally posted by Mellkor

Originally posted by Alphamojo

Can you quote the error?

I don't get an error popup, just the launcher fails....

I've rebooted, and run under administrator as well....nothing...appears.

It goes through the progression of

Checking for updates,

starting Diablo 3 launcher....

then nothing happens.......

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Just really enjoyed the barbarian to lvl 10 amd killed the king :) Had a good time.

• TorvacTorvac Member UncommonPosts: 135

hate it (click), canceled my preorder (click). single play (click) with forced online login (click). tho technically its probably a great game (click,click,click) with brilliant looks but the "click everything" is just brainless.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by Torvac

hate it (click), canceled my preorder (click). single play (click) with forced online login (click). tho technically its probably a great game (click,click,click) with brilliant looks but the "click everything" is just brainless.

It''s sort of a signature for the action-rpg genre. Makes me think you had no idea what you were getting into.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Originally posted by Torvac

It''s sort of a signature for the action-rpg genre. Makes me think you had no idea what you were getting into.

Maybe they will make a Kinect console version for you.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

Don't know why but I really have little to no itnerest for this game....I bought D2 and had fun with it for a few months but once it wore off I never wanted to play it again.....Also tried the beta for Path of Exile, which is pretty much a D2 clone, and it just isn't my cup of tea anymore.....

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Got about 10 minutes of playtime for the entire weekend.  Got a wizard to level 7 and then was booted, could never get back in again, kept timing out.  Not much time to even comment on the game.  Had fun for that brief period though