Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will not be buying Diablo 3

qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

I choose not to purchase Diablo 3 due to the fact there is no game offline. Diablo 2 and 1 are still around and playable after how many years? This will not be the case with part 3. The servers will be offline and you will be left with a worthless DVD. I think it is hard to justify paying $60 for that.

Friends and I enjoyed years back forming a LAN party and playing Diablo 2 all night. We actually did this not too long ago again for old time sake. It was a blast. I a sorry to say, this won't be possible with part 3. I will save my money for a hack n' slash co-op game that allows offline play. My money will be spent on Torchlight 2.

Comments

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Yeah unfortunately to combat hacks/duping/etc. especially with the RMAH it would be impossible to have an offline mode I think.  This could definitely be a deal breaker for some people.  If I wasn't always on the internet or I had to travel often it may be one for me as well.

Good luck~

• 79of9679of96 Member Posts: 8

Great! Less whiners. Thank you sir.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Well Torchlight 2 seems to be an interesting game. Wonder why it hasn't received the coverage that Diablo 3 has received.

You know Tochlight devs main goal is to make Torchlight an MMO which would be always online with no offline mode also.  Also this is an MMORPG forums where all games require you to be online at all times.

Just sayin.  :)

Originally posted by drel

Well Torchlight 2 seems to be an interesting game. Wonder why it hasn't received the coverage that Diablo 3 has received.

Well first it won't be out this year, and second it is kind of a lower budget kind of side game to accompany other games.  They run like $20, but Torchlight is still awesome. 

Their goal is to turn Torchlight into an MMO but they are a long ways off.