Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

What would you pay for Diablo 3?

AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

People don't like the cost of the game, ok then what do you think its worth and why.

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

What's wrong with the price? First place i looked was amazon who are selling it for £28 which is normal price for a game if not cheaper.

• JyiigaJyiiga Seneca, SCPosts: 1,041Member Uncommon

I pay 59.99 and 49.99 for MMO titles and games like Skyrim.

To me D3 is worth about 39.99 out the gates.

• Salio69Salio69 under a rock, FLPosts: 428Member

19.99, no more. this game is so overpriced its not even funny. seems management thought because this game was called diablo that it would be worth the price. they were wrong. they priced it even before the played it.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL NetherlandsPosts: 2,280Member Common

I have no problems paying it's currenty price.

I've bought way worse games (typically MMOs) for a lot more than that.

• andreika111andreika111 olainePosts: 88Member

not a dime

• ConAltDelConAltDel Chicago, ILPosts: 10Member

This is my issue with D3. I think it s a fun game and all but its 59$ for a PC game. When you have Skyrim at 49$, GW2 at 59$, and torchlight 2 at 19$, its just really hard to jusitfy the price. I'm sure I'll play it but probably when I can get it for $39 or less or the battlechest.

• MahavishnuMahavishnu BerlinPosts: 336Member

They would have to pay me to play this game XD

Seriously, it looks boring, Diablo 1 was ok, but I never understood all the hype. Now, it is just an outdated concept.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 New York, NYPosts: 884Member Uncommon

I'm paying 20 dollars for my copy and it'll have no microtransactions and no paid dlc. Cause my copy is going to be Torchlight II

• DerpybirdDerpybird Boston, MAPosts: 991Member

They're already giving 1.2 million copies out for free from the WoW annual pass. I don't think they hope to make their money from box sales but are instead banking on a revenue stream from the RMAH. They're going to take $1.25 from each sale and give you battle.net bucks in return. If you want to convert that into actual cash, they hit you with another fee, the amount of which I don't think they've disclosed.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member

Originally posted by ConAltDel

This is my issue with D3. I think it s a fun game and all but its 59$ for a PC game. When you have Skyrim at 49$, GW2 at 59$, and torchlight 2 at 19$, its just really hard to jusitfy the price. I'm sure I'll play it but probably when I can get it for $39 or less or the battlechest.

Thats my problem as well as a $20 or less game It wouldn't be a bad game, I likely still wouldn't buy it but I wouldn't have any criticisms either.

I think thats the big issue here really. People ask why so many of us think Diablo 3 is such a bad game, it's because we are judging it as a $60+  game. As a $60+  the quality just isn't there, but as a $20-  game it's not to bad.

• StormwindXStormwindX LondonPosts: 168Member

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by ConAltDel

Thats my problem as well as a $20 or less game It wouldn't be a bad game, I likely still wouldn't buy it but I wouldn't have any criticisms either.

I think thats the big issue here really. People ask why so many of us think Diablo 3 is such a bad game, it's because we are judging it as a $60+  game. As a $60+  the quality just isn't there, but as a $20-  game it's not to bad.

This. After playing this beta, I believe that this game is really worth no more than Torchlight 2 to me, and that one's priced at $20. And in T2 one won't need to wait in a server queue when wanting to play solo... unlike in D3.

• SpallieroSpalliero Fresno, CAPosts: 147Member
    Well I got a free copy and don't play so(early access) I wouldn't pay anything for it.

Sic Luceat Lux

• atziluthatziluth Portsmouth, NHPosts: 1,195Member Uncommon

As it is right now, I would not pay anything. 

If they removed running it server side and made it into the single player/ co-op game that it is... $39.95.

What does it matter anyway... It is a $60 title which has a RMT auction house and is run server side. 

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate warren, MAPosts: 177Member

I have to agree with GrayGhost. After playing in the beta I found that the quality of the game wasnt that good. Its a good buy at 20 dollars but at 60 dollars I think its a complete ripoff especially when you compare it to Path of Exile, Torchlighr2, Skyrim etc. The product doesnt meet the value they are setting.

I was really excited for the game but it seems to have taken many steps backwards.

Just my opinion.

Saint

• //\//\oo//\//\oo MalboroughPosts: 2,767Member

Your polls are always too short in interval length for my taste.  

I'd argue around 15.99, because a lot of great indie titles can be downloaded for that price on different platforms, or you can pick up some really good classic games in a bargain bin for your ps3/ps2/xbox even.

No way is it worth 60$ in its current incarnation for me. For me personally there are better console games out there, like darksiders, dark souls (it's PC now too?) , demon souls, .. hell.. devil may cry is a better game in my worthless opinion. 

Let me emphasize again that my opinion is worthless and only has value to me. 

Diablo 3 might be your game, but after playing Diablo 2 to death, it's like walking down memory lane and realizing just how boring and repetitive games were in the 90's.

I grew up in the 80's and 90's. Games like metroid and zelda 1/2 were awesome, but no way in hell are they worth the prices they were back then.

I think I'm honestly sort of finished with 2D combat, so I already had something against this title from the start.

When you look at Blizzards repertoire though, they always innovated through either making things more ergonomic, or adding in different levels of complexity, like with Diablo 2, Warcraft 3 etc.

This game does absolutely nothing new. It doesn't feel like it was made by the same company that made all of the games I loved and enjoyed.

I guess that's why a lot of people are so distraught; like with Duke Nukem Forever they were expecting something truly to Blizzards own extremely high standards, but they got something that Activision would have pooped out.. and arguably did.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• ZefireZefire lol, CAPosts: 676Member

I think 20 dollars for this game is fair enough after trying the beta.

I just dont like the skill system graphics are fair if not less,music is good and  there is not much gore in this game.While theres blood and shit everywhere i dont see the game to be brutal.The blood looks more like red liquid than having a real blood feel.There are not enough death animations when kill enemies.

I remember when i was playing dead island  i was freaked out by the gore of this game.

Seriously blizzard needs to learn from dead island devs how to create a brutal game.

• BadaboomBadaboom Moose Jaw, SKPosts: 2,380Member
    My son wants to play it, but I'm going to stay away. It looks like a movie sequel without the previous main actor character. It would just wreak the memory of 1 & 2
  • ZolgarZolgar Glouster, OHPosts: 533Member

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• spikers14spikers14 las vegas, NVPosts: 362Member Uncommon

pssst...you can get the game for "free".

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

Originally posted by spikers14

pssst...you can get the game for "free".

Annual pass? lol

• minttunatorminttunator ViimsiPosts: 131Member

I'm probably not buying it at any price, but I don't see why it should be worth more than Torchlight 2 - so I voted $20. 

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

Think of it this way, you're paying 19.99 for D3 and 39.99 for a lifetime subscription to battle.net

• xmentyxmenty SingaporePosts: 679Member

I voted for $19.90. Will get it once the price go down to min $20.

Played the Beta and its felt to me like a $20 game.

Art is a dumbdown WOW with a 2012 updated graphics.

The cathedral area and mobs seem to be recycle inside the cathedral 1, 2, and 3.

I hate dev who like to recycle shit ingame, fking lazy bastard.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)