Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL @ Diablo 3 !

Comments

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Originally posted by scotty899

Originally posted by Jyiiga

Originally posted by Aori

People need to stop telling us that this was just a tutorial and just a widdle beta.

This is what we were shown and this is what we will fracking go on. This is the demo we were given to decide if we wanted to buy and it was a bad demo. The End.

Or you could actually research the game a bit more and learn. You have more to go on than just the beta.. the demo is the starter edition, make your informed judgement then. Its free.

I have researched it and experienced what I was given. My decision is made. There are countless threads on this board that go into great detail as to why the game does not live up to the hype or development time that it has endured. This is an MMO board first and foremost and to put it blunt and short.. Most people are looking for feature rich and relatively complex game.

With the time that has passed between installments I find this title to be less innovative than the two that came before it. I also find it less innovative when compared to similar games that have already came down the pipe or are about to be released.

your first mistake was to belive anything from an mmorpg forum.

you do realise the beta is not for the customer but for those who participate to report bugs on a variety of system specs. the game is hack and slash dungeon crawler, why should it be complex? lol....if you want complex go play demon souls and dark souls. or even go and play a ninja gaiden game. 

Who said this forum was my only gauge? Stop making assumptions.

Ugh wow you managed to not name a single MMO title in what is primarily a PC MMORPG board. Yeah pardon me while I ignore all of those suggested games. (Not that D3 is an MMORPG either, leasts it closer than those though...)

• ihatenoobs01ihatenoobs01 Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Banisco

People need to stop telling us that this was just a tutorial and just a widdle beta.

This is what we were shown and this is what we will fracking go on. This is the demo we were given to decide if we wanted to buy and it was a bad demo. The End.

How was it bad? i played it  with every class and was quite fun so please explain me how this is a bad game without refering to the D2 or D1 because that would be a biased opinion.

Why would any of us not talk about D1 or D2 when discussing D3. Those games are part of the series and the experience people had in them does factor into this game as well.

Because ALL the people who say the game is bad its because its not like D2 or D1, thats not a valid reason, its like saying warcraft 3 is a bad game because its not like warcraft 1.

Games change and evolve over time if people wanted to play the same thing over and over we would still be playing pong, it doesnt matter if the game is or not like its predecesors, what matters is whether the game is fun or not.

What is this great evolution that you speak of that D3 has accomplished?

I cant really tell having played only 2 hours, the only thing that comes to my mind is the new skill sistem wich makes all skills usefull and opens a way to a lot of builds.

Yes i know D2 had a "deeper" sistem with a lot of choices but in the end everybody used the same 3 or 4 builds and skills like the first necromancer skill (that blue fliying balls) got forever forgotten.

The point is that judgin a game for what you expected it to be rather than for what it really is, is kind of absurd.

Stopped reading at blue flying balls. You really never played if you say everybody used the same 3 or 4 builds (Unless you are saying 3 or 4 builds per class)

-Core 3 "Its the Pwn!"

How was it bad? i played it  with every class and was quite fun so please explain me how this is a bad game without refering to the D2 or D1 because that would be a biased opinion.

Why would any of us not talk about D1 or D2 when discussing D3. Those games are part of the series and the experience people had in them does factor into this game as well.

Because ALL the people who say the game is bad its because its not like D2 or D1, thats not a valid reason, its like saying warcraft 3 is a bad game because its not like warcraft 1.

Games change and evolve over time if people wanted to play the same thing over and over we would still be playing pong, it doesnt matter if the game is or not like its predecesors, what matters is whether the game is fun or not.

I cant really tell having played only 2 hours, the only thing that comes to my mind is the new skill sistem wich makes all skills usefull and opens a way to a lot of builds.

Yes i know D2 had a "deeper" sistem with a lot of choices but in the end everybody used the same 3 or 4 builds and skills like the first necromancer skill (that blue fliying balls) got forever forgotten.

The point is that judgin a game for what you expected it to be rather than for what it really is, is kind of absurd.

Oh ok... So you were just talking out your butt? Thanks for clearing that up.

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

And it looks like im not the only one. Its ok to not like a game but its not ok to say its bad because its no what you dreamed about, just that.

Originally posted by ihatenoobs01

Stopped reading at blue flying balls. You really never played if you say everybody used the same 3 or 4 builds (Unless you are saying 3 or 4 builds per class)

Yes im talking per class, and about the necro im saying that most of the people would prefer to fire the skulls or bone spears rather than the theet.

• therez0therez0 Member Posts: 379

*snip*

If you think the new build system is going to be any different from being limited to 3-4 'viable' builds, you would be sorely mistaken. Guild Wars had a similarly complex build system, yet cookie cutter builds were prominent and high end public PvP had 'flavor of the month' builds that were required to be competitive.

The Diablo 3 system just waters down the formula so that everyone is the same... bland, identical characters with the same builds will be rampant. At least with Diablo 2, there was a challenge to getting to one of the few top-end builds, and that was planning your character, skills, and traits; all of which have been removed from D3. And don't try to harp on about gems being the way to customize your traits, D2 had that too.

And the skill you are thinking of is called Teeth, and it was perfectly viable as an AoE DPS skill (PvE) after synergies were added.

And it looks like im not the only one. Its ok to not like a game but its not ok to say its bad because its no what you dreamed about, just that.

You don't really understand how reviewers work at the most basic level do you?

I draw my opinions from reviews, others opinions, previous games, simliar games and beta time.

Factoring all of those in the game does not live up to what it should be imo.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

now you have 2 skills instead of one like in d2, its pretty innovative

Originally posted by therez0

*snip*

If you think the new build system is going to be any different from being limited to 3-4 'viable' builds, you would be sorely mistaken. Guild Wars had a similarly complex build system, yet cookie cutter builds were prominent and high end public PvP had 'flavor of the month' builds that were required to be competitive.

The Diablo 3 system just waters down the formula so that everyone is the same... bland, identical characters with the same builds will be rampant. At least with Diablo 2, there was a challenge to getting to one of the few top-end builds, and that was planning your character, skills, and traits; all of which have been removed from D3. And don't try to harp on about gems being the way to customize your traits, D2 had that too.

And the skill you are thinking of is called Teeth, and it was perfectly viable as an AoE DPS skill (PvE) after synergies were added.

The point in trying to get here is that in D3 ALL the skills are viable, wen i played D2 was on its release (no sinergies and stuff) and all i leveled were skeletons cos i found them fun, i loved to have my own army even wen i foun that they will wipe vs any boss or player, and i knew it and it was ok. I liked that build but was hardly viable, and i think it will be diferent in D3 meaning that no matter wich skills u have at the moment you will be able to kill stuff and progress on almost every situation.

(...)

I draw my opinions from reviews, others opinions, previous games, simliar games and beta time.

Thats all i wanted to hear, its ok if you dont like the game but dont go arround saying its bad because it isnt.

Edit: i also give you and everybody who cares to read that in my opinion Diablo 3 IS NOT a diablo game, its a good game, but not a diablo game as WE all expected.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

(...)

Thats all i wanted to hear, its ok if you dont like the game but dont go arround saying its bad because it isnt.

I'm thinking this up coming week the interwebz will be filled with impressions/reviews/opinions and it's not going to be pretty. 

Meh ..... quite simply, it is what it is.  Not quite what I was expecting but  I'm thankful I was able to play prior to making a purchase.

~Hairysun

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

I would not be surprised if Blizz was just using this as a test for the implementation of a RMAH in all of their games (yeah yeah I'll take off my tinfoil hat in a minute). But think of it, they are giving away 1.2 million copies to WoW annual pass holders. Now granted, getting people to keep subscribed to WoW is revenue, but I think they are banking on one hell of a revenue stream from the RMAH.

Remember, they get $1.25 from each sale. Does this get you cash? NO. It gets you battle.net bucks. What are these? Well, it's cash you can use to buy Blizz services, like character transfers or a mount and such. If you want actual cash money, you have to "cash out" and get charged a fee from Blizz and their service provider.

It's all about ongoing revenue streams, and if people accept this in D3, why not in WoW, or Starcraft, and certainly why not in Titan? The RMAH already makes PvP (when it gets implemented) P2W, yet people seem rather complacent about the whole thing.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• FargolFargol Member UncommonPosts: 303

*snip*

The point in trying to get here is that in D3 ALL the skills are viable, wen i played D2 was on its release (no sinergies and stuff) and all i leveled were skeletons cos i found them fun, i loved to have my own army even wen i foun that they will wipe vs any boss or player, and i knew it and it was ok. I liked that build but was hardly viable, and i think it will be diferent in D3 meaning that no matter wich skills u have at the moment you will be able to kill stuff and progress on almost every situation.

This.

I played each class to max in the beta, and while I wasn't crazy about some of the class skills, every single one of them was viable at the first level you get it to the last. What they did is scale damage to your weapon damage (which i know sounds a little silly) but it works.

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

Accept it kids, all trolling aside this game is not good. It's more streamlined facemash RPG crap where you spend a multitude of brainless hours clicking and go "Oh wow look at this item". It's a con. Games should be improving with sequels not getting worse, and every feature D2 had is missing or mutiliated in this sequel. Stop feeding companies like Activision Blizzard your money for a job poorly done.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Originally posted by Fargol

*snip*

This.

I played each class to max in the beta, and while I wasn't crazy about some of the class skills, every single one of them was viable at the first level you get it to the last. What they did is scale damage to your weapon damage (which i know sounds a little silly) but it works.

I didn't like the ranged classes, but liked the melee ones.   Overall I liked it, and may give it a go once it releases.  What's the point of multi-player though?  People talk less in there than in WoW group dungeons (amazingly).

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by StormwindX

I may be kicking a dead horse here, but the one thing that REALLY annoyed me in D3 was when I felt like playing solo... but still had to wait in a server queue.

D3 characters being stored server side with an internet connection required to play is by far, the best thing blizzard could of done. Unless of course, you'd prefer the game completely overrun with hackers and dupers ruining the game.

What, you thought an open beta should have no congestion and you'd waltz right in? a blizzard totle at that?

Originally posted by LizardEgypt

Accept it kids, all trolling aside this game is not good. It's more streamlined facemash RPG crap where you spend a multitude of brainless hours clicking and go "Oh wow look at this item". It's a con. Games should be improving with sequels not getting worse, and every feature D2 had is missing or mutiliated in this sequel. Stop feeding companies like Activision Blizzard your money for a job poorly done.

Accept what? Your opinion of the game?...gee, i guess if you say so, lol. Actually the game is very good and I cant wait to play

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Originally posted by LizardEgypt

Accept what? Your opinion of the game?...gee, i guess if you say so, lol. Actually the game is very good and I cant wait to play

Yeah it's really good. I enjoy dumbed downs games also.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• leroysgleroysg Member UncommonPosts: 97

1. NO custom games

2. NO pvp (arena like promised at beginning)

3. No duels

4. 4 players in game

5. Can't place stats

6. Everyone is same, can't place skills

7. 5 classes

8 No scrolls of id

9. Different drops for different people? Lmao

Ya don't worry though, it should be fun... ROFL. If you were a true d2 player, you know this game is a joke, and the only reason people will buy is because of its name.

by looking at your nickname....i really LOL

1.  this is a blizzard, the all new generation team. not the original devs back in those days. learn to accept the fact.

2.  because it not ready as intended. good that they didn't launch something is not ready 

3.  as above point 2

4. total you can have 5 in a group including yourself.  BTW there's only 5 classes available

5. you can build your character with items that provide +VIT / STR / INT / DEX....etc

6. i dont really get it what you mean but you can move the skill by left click and hold it to move to the shortcut slot.

7. this answer your point 4 as well

8. right click on the item for ID  

9. it a good implementation for ninja looters like in WoW

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

I may be kicking a dead horse here, but the one thing that REALLY annoyed me in D3 was when I felt like playing solo... but still had to wait in a server queue.

D3 characters being stored server side with an internet connection required to play is by far, the best thing blizzard could of done. Unless of course, you'd prefer the game completely overrun with hackers and dupers ruining the game.

What, you thought an open beta should have no congestion and you'd waltz right in? a blizzard totle at that?

You seem to have completely missed their point.

The point being, it's ridiculous to have to wait in a queue in order to play solo, single-player, not with other people, by themself.

How busy Blizzard's servers are should have no bearing on someone's ability to play the game in solo mode.

That's the point.

Keep the character data server side to prevent hacking or whatever for the multiplayer mode. Fine. Completely understandable. But provide it in a way that it's accessible regardless of how many people are logged on.

I know there's a lot of people who will defend anything and everything Blizzard does. I realize that.  But in this case, you're wrong if you're going to say it's "perfectly okay" for someone to have to wait in a queue so they can play a game in single player mode by themself. It's indefensible. It's another in an increasing list of dubious decisions made by Blizzard in the last few years.

This is why they should have left single-player mode offline and only require an internet connection for online multiplayer. Keep multiplayer and single player characters separate. It's completely over-reaching and blatant control-mongering to require an internet connection in order to play a game 100% solo. It's inexcusable and indefensible to have to wait in a queue in order to play the game by yourself.

Here's hoping Blizzard addresses that issue for launch. People are already pissed at them failing to support a variety of graphics chips and setups. People starting the game for a nice solo-run through only to find they have to wait in line to do so is only going to piss people off further.

• SilverchildSilverchild Member UncommonPosts: 118

Before this beta, I was definitely thinking about buying D3.

Now? I'm on the fence. The beta was a big disappointment to me. It felt like I was playing torchlight or something. I spent countless hours playing D2 but I cant imagine D3 being addictive like that. D3 feels very "shallow" to me. Fun, but shallow. Do I need another game that I'll play for a few weeks and then forget about it? Not really.

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

Well... I guess you may be right, looking at it from that perspective. It's definitely a good way to curb the actions of hackers and so forth. But still... I do still find it ridiculous/preposterous to have to wait in a server queue in order to play by myself. I mean, sometimes people can't really be bothered to play with others, like when you get home from a bad day at work and just want to kill stuff to blow off some steam. The option to play offline by yourself should be there, but alas, it is not, and that makes me sad.

Maybe I just need to stop being antisocial in these games and actually convince a few RL friends to play with me... that way I won't have to keep complaining about the woes of the solo player, I guess.

And yeah, I know how that works. Blizzard has the means and the funds to have the whole thing running flawlessly for millions of players, but... they just don't. And it's been that way since I remember it... and boy, do I remember struggling with the D1 iteration of Bnet.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

1. NO custom games

2. NO pvp (arena like promised at beginning)

3. No duels

4. 4 players in game

5. Can't place stats

6. Everyone is same, can't place skills

7. 5 classes

8 No scrolls of id

9. Different drops for different people? Lmao

Ya don't worry though, it should be fun... ROFL. If you were a true d2 player, you know this game is a joke, and the only reason people will buy is because of its name.

Your post really isn't that clever or convincing. Did you ever play Diablo?

Diablo 2 introduced zones and a campaign formula (among many other things)...crazy. DIABLO 2 IS DOOMED TO FAIL. Gimme a break man. Its evolution, even if you don't like the game. 

Originally posted by TangentPoint

You seem to have completely missed their point.

The point being, it's ridiculous to have to wait in a queue in order to play solo, single-player, not with other people, by themself.

How busy Blizzard's servers are should have no bearing on someone's ability to play the game in solo mode.

That's the point.

Keep the character data server side to prevent hacking or whatever for the multiplayer mode. Fine. Completely understandable. But provide it in a way that it's accessible regardless of how many people are logged on.

I know there's a lot of people who will defend anything and everything Blizzard does. I realize that.  But in this case, you're wrong if you're going to say it's "perfectly okay" for someone to have to wait in a queue so they can play a game in single player mode by themself. It's indefensible. It's another in an increasing list of dubious decisions made by Blizzard in the last few years.

This is why they should have left single-player mode offline and only require an internet connection for online multiplayer. Keep multiplayer and single player characters separate. It's completely over-reaching and blatant control-mongering to require an internet connection in order to play a game 100% solo. It's inexcusable and indefensible to have to wait in a queue in order to play the game by yourself.

Here's hoping Blizzard addresses that issue for launch. People are already pissed at them failing to support a variety of graphics chips and setups. People starting the game for a nice solo-run through only to find they have to wait in line to do so is only going to piss people off further.

You may or may not have solo play available, but it still all has to be server side. you cant have some hacked to holy hell players jumping in multiplayer without ruining it for everyone...thats the point.

I mean you could have strictly offline solo play, but then those characters could not crossover to online. blizzard is not going to do that. easier to just keep it all online with all characters stored server side.

D3 is an online game. Like any online game it may or may not have growing pains and server congestion. I'm sure blizz will address that so queues are kept to a minimum.

All i was saying about having to wait in a queue was it seemed unrealistic to think there wouldnt be one.

• SilverchildSilverchild Member UncommonPosts: 118

I mean you could have strictly offline solo play, but then those characters could not crossover to online. blizzard is not going to do that. easier to just keep it all online with all characters stored server side.

You mean like they did in D2?

It worked well, you know.