Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

TERA: Island of Dawn Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,643MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The first time players log into TERA, they will find themselves on the Isle of Dawn, a forbidding place to help fill in some of the lore behind the game. En Masse has released a new trailer showing players what they will be up against on the Isle of Dawn.





Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

image

Comments

  • AshluraAshlura Rathdrum, IDPosts: 112Member

    WARHAMMER with different skin. Where's the customization? Everyone will look alike. Boring....

  • SilvarisSilvaris VAFB, CAPosts: 2Member

    I think it looks cool gut they need to make it a beta browser game with no downlod, then I think it might pretty epic.  

  • Swammy22Swammy22 Middleton, IDPosts: 54Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Silvaris

    I think it looks cool gut they need to make it a beta browser game with no downlod, then I think it might pretty epic.  




     

    I think they should make it into an Atari console game and have rose pedals flying out of the top of the TV when I play it...

  • marcustmarcust AdelaidePosts: 467Member Uncommon

    I am absolutely loving this game right now.

    Just spent 15 minutes explaining to someone how outlaw mode works then we took it in turns going outlaw and had some great pvp fights.

    I think I have my MMO for the next 3+ years.

    Playing: ESO, Submerged
    Favourite games have been: UO, Lineage2, WoW, Darkfall, Lotro, GW2

  • sirachsirach , PAPosts: 53Member Uncommon

    The  new starter prologue is a big improvement and should give new player a taste of what to expect once they get to level 20+

    EnMassee is doing a great job listening to it's customers and making changes.

    I suggest playing in a group as much as possible for the most enjoyment. 

  • AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,782Member Uncommon

    It looks fun! It has kind of an Allods/Aion look to it.

    Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

  • WolfhammerWolfhammer KetteringPosts: 697Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Silvaris

    I think it looks cool gut they need to make it a beta browser game with no downlod, then I think it might pretty epic.  




     

    Your obviously troll bait but I'm not a troll so won't bite.  I'll just pretend you don't exist which is a simple matter considering your post that never really happened !

    image

    image

  • Swammy22Swammy22 Middleton, IDPosts: 54Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Wolfhammer



    Originally posted by Silvaris



    I think it looks cool gut they need to make it a beta browser game with no downlod, then I think it might pretty epic.  










     

    Your obviously troll bait but I'm not a troll so won't bite.  I'll just pretend you don't exist which is a simple matter considering your post that never really happened !

    Yea well...that is why I had to bite, couldn't resist.

  • heartlessheartless Brooklyn, NYPosts: 4,993Member

    The whole concept is silly. First time you log into the game, you're level 20 and you're running around talking to a few NPCs before you get sent to to a cave to kill a bunch of bad guys. Once that storyline is out of the way, you're back on the same island but now you're level 1 and you have no skills. It's retarded.

    Moreover, Enmasse was saying how they were going to change the starter quests... Well they did! You're going to be doing the same exact boring quests you did before but this time, if you actually read the quest text, it'll say "Hey Heartless, remember when you were here the first time?" That's right, folks! they didn't change shit! Just added a bit of text to bridge the gap between the new tutorial and the old tutorial.

    image

  • JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by heartless

    The whole concept is silly. First time you log into the game, you're level 20 and you're running around talking to a few NPCs before you get sent to to a cave to kill a bunch of bad guys. Once that storyline is out of the way, you're back on the same island but now you're level 1 and you have no skills. It's retarded.

    Moreover, Enmasse was saying how they were going to change the starter quests... Well they did! You're going to be doing the same exact boring quests you did before but this time, if you actually read the quest text, it'll say "Hey Heartless, remember when you were here the first time?" That's right, folks! they didn't change shit! Just added a bit of text to bridge the gap between the new tutorial and the old tutorial.


     

    I had the exact same feeling.

    Just the fact they had to add this prologue to the starter area, because the first 20 levels bore you to tears, just to give a brief glimpse what you'll have at lvl20.... says enough to me.

  • HurricanePipHurricanePip Sommerille, MAPosts: 167Member



    Originally posted by nadaji

    The  new starter prologue is a big improvement and should give new player a taste of what to expect once they get to level 20+





    EnMassee is doing a great job listening to it's customers and making changes.





    I suggest playing in a group as much as possible for the most enjoyment. 










     

    I actually thought this idea was jarring to a new player.  I'm an experienced MMO player and a hot bar full or abilities was confusing.  The fist thing I did was stop to read all the details.  The second was to go to an external website to figure out what was going on.  That's not good and I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intended effect.

    I'd hate to be a player new to MMOs trying to figure out what is going on with 15+ abilties on my hotbars to start.

    Second, what's with all the gear problems?  All I got at level 1-4 was "You can't sue this item because you're not the right class".  The only problem is that I rolled a Mystic and it happened for ~50% of the Mystic, Priest, Sorc specific armor ... there must be a dtabase problem for at leas noob armor?  Very confusing?

    Lastly, rolling alts was painful.  The client doesn't tell you your character name is taken until you try to create the character.  Unfortunately, if you do any customization and pick a bad name, you get booted back to the beginning, thus wasting10-15+ mins of your time, 

    Might be a good game, but getting started is pretty painfull.

     



     

    If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Nooo, AKPosts: 1,781Member

    So.........

    The starter area that was in the game the past several weeks of weekend betas.... is.... gone?

  • Cathleen81Cathleen81 San Francisco, CAPosts: 12Member

    Good enough!

  • heartlessheartless Brooklyn, NYPosts: 4,993Member

    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

    So.........

    The starter area that was in the game the past several weeks of weekend betas.... is.... gone?

    No, it's still there but when you create a new character, you get an option to either start on the island or the tutorial. If you choose the island, you begin in the starter zone like you did during the past events. If you choose the tutorial you get placed into a tutorial where you're level 20 and are told to run around and talk to certain NPCs and eventually get sent to a cave to fight some zombie-demon things. After you're done with that, you go the old starter zone as a level 1.

    image

  • redcap036redcap036 AdelaidePosts: 1,230Member

    Ok it works like this for those that don't know, when you start a new character on a new server you go thru the prologue chapter then end up on the isle of dawn, the prologue will let you get a taste of what your character and what your class will be like at level 20, once you have completed this, any other character you make on that server will be given the choice to go thru the prologue and try the character out or go straight to the isle of dawn. Far as I can tell the isle of dawn quests have been optimized, the first two times I went thru them in CB they took me about 3 to 3 1/2 hrs to complete, this time thru in OB it took maybe 2hrs at most some quest were a lot quicker to get thru than before, I don’t know about the story text, I usually don’t read it in any game and I’ll add I’m not a power player so I take my time about things.


     


    I at first thought the prologue sequence was annoying then realized how handy it was to be able to check out the other classes and abilities quickly, the prologue takes about ten minutes.

Sign In or Register to comment.