Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

A big supporter of SWTOR says goodbye

1235»

Comments

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by ktanner3

    Originally posted by Nethermancer

    I would agree that is was waaaay to easy.

    Eve online combat is easy but you need to LEARN ALOT of things to make it easy.

    Vangaurd combat is easy but you have to LEARN your class before its easy.

    SWTOR is just plain easy. I just randomly did my class tree without any research and i rofl stomped everything even bosses, with the exception of the last boss fight which i died once. So from level 1-50 i had to learn A SINGLE FIGHT before i could beat it.

    Unacceptable to me.

    Yeah and I'm sure you have a bridge to nowhere to sell me to go along with that long line of BS you just spewed.

       Look Ktan we are  not saying (at least I am not saying) that swtor is a bad game, just that somewhere along the line it became super easy and that is irritating to someone like me who loves at least some what challenging combat.  I still love the quests, the voice overs, the cut scenes, the plot, the production, the social points, I woud say groups but is there really any reason to group anymore from 1-30 lvl.  I know you love swtor but have a little objectivity-Hey I love it to so I want it to be the best game it can be

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by colddog04

    Originally posted by Chrome1980

    Originally posted by colddog04

    Originally posted by ktanner3

    Originally posted by Nethermancer

    I would agree that is was waaaay to easy.

    Eve online combat is easy but you need to LEARN ALOT of things to make it easy.

    Vangaurd combat is easy but you have to LEARN your class before its easy.

    SWTOR is just plain easy. I just randomly did my class tree without any research and i rofl stomped everything even bosses, with the exception of the last boss fight which i died once. So from level 1-50 i had to learn A SINGLE FIGHT before i could beat it.

    Unacceptable to me.

    Yeah and I'm sure you have a bridge to nowhere to sell me to go along with that long line of BS you just spewed.

    Me and my friends pretty much 1-shotted every instance before 50.

    SWTOR has lots of problems and i always speak up about it but this is just pure nonsense.

    Not for us it wasn't.

       There are certainly mobs you can one shot now , but most are 2 shot and that is unaceptable

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Skuz

    [quote] SWTOR had taken the WOW, EQ2, LOTRO route and made combat to easy or the super easy mode as it is called, one swing of my light saber took 3/4 of the life off a mob and I was not even a Jedi knight![/quote]

    Well. I'm going to question the validity of this statement because it looks completely bogus to me.

    If the enemy was the same level as you this would not happen, if it did it happened only in your head, so if you want to convince me otherwise I want you to video it & post it on YouTube, until you can show some kind of proof to back this claim up I'm calling it bullshit.

    I have characters ranging from 30-50 on both factions & have never witnessed anything like what you describe.

    Is the combat easy? Yes it is unless you haven't learnt how to play the characters.

    Is the combat substantially less difficult than other games using the same design, no it isn't, it's very comparable to other games and always has been, it didn't suddenly change in the time you weren't playing, it was like this before you left.

       Hey dont take my word for it , start a new character any will do and play for half an hour and you will be very surprised

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Praetalus

    Originally posted by Chrome1980

    Originally posted by Skuz

    [quote] SWTOR had taken the WOW, EQ2, LOTRO route and made combat to easy or the super easy mode as it is called, one swing of my light saber took 3/4 of the life off a mob and I was not even a Jedi knight![/quote]

    Well. I'm going to question the validity of this statement because it looks completely bogus to me.

    If the enemy was the same level as you this would not happen, if it did it happened only in your head, so if you want to convince me otherwise I want you to video it & post it on YouTube, until you can show some kind of proof to back this claim up I'm calling it bullshit.

    I have characters ranging from 30-50 on both factions & have never witnessed anything like what you describe.

    Is the combat easy? Yes it is unless you haven't learnt how to play the characters.

    Is the combat substantially less difficult than other games using the same design, no it isn't, it's very comparable to other games and always has been, it didn't suddenly change in the time you weren't playing, it was like this before you left.

    I doubt that statement as well considering Jedi Knight is a tank class and yes you can dps but not as effective as sentinels. But even a sentinel can not reduce 3/4 of life off a mob with one swing unless it is 3 to 4 levels below.

    I have been playin TOR since December. I'm a casual player, I play as much as I can. I havevn't found the combat any difference then any other MMO I've played, except for the use of multiple mobs for most encounters as I mentioned earlier. So Yeah, one mob of three may be easier then another game where you are only fighting one mob, but this is supplemented by the fact that you're fighting three. I mean, honestly, I was playing WoW before this as a healer and litterally doing other things outside of the game while healing with my Shaman. Never once has someone in my group come close to death. So, in short, I find the combat to be harder then WoW fo sho. Can't vividly remmeber  others at the moment, but I'm sure it's right on par. 

     

    All this nonsense about one-shotting shit in instances all the way to 50 is just that.... nonsense. 

       Yes you do fight 3 and 4 at a time but they hardly affect you with their weopons, you can liltterally yawn your way through without worrying about dieing,  there is not excuse for me being able to take off 75% life in one hit.   When the game first launched it was 25% with one hit and that is the way it should be

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by tordurbar

    Nobody is a "big supporter" who quits a game for a month to play another game. At the very least you play both. Also the "big supporter" sounds as if he does not have any level 50s. I agree with an earlier poster - level 1 - 29 are easy levels. 30 -50 are tougher. And, if you want a real challenge, as another poster mentioned, don't use your companion.

    I am no "big supporter" myselft. I enjoyed my 90 days of SWTOR but quit.

      Ok Tor so I guess we will all follow your rules on how to play an MMO-NOT

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by huskie77

    OP,

    I hope your next game meets your needs better. Good luck!

       Thanks Huskie , at this point I am playing the open beta of Tera(gotta improve those quests) and am waiting for gw2 and vanguard to be f2p

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by nikoliath

    Originally posted by eddieg50

    Originally posted by ajax7

    Goodbye we don't need you and one swing of a lightsaber does not take a mob to 90%.

     

    Maybe a crit hit on a special skill will but a normal lightsaber hit will not.

     

    More lies as always.

       You have not recently played a Jedi consular than, one hit of my light saber took off 75% of the mobs health, I am not talking about a boss but a regular mob.  25% to me would have been acceptable but 75% is outrageous,  I think if I continued to play or came back I would send my companion off all the time for loot, at least that way it would be somewhat fair.       I can even take on heroic2 by myself with ease WTF.     If you bothered to read my post carefully or read some of my other posts you would know I am one of the biggest supporters of the game, I love the quests, vo, cs, productions but I will not condone a mmo going to super easy mode.

     

    with the exception of PvP . If swtor had great open world PvP than that would be fine for me but they dont

    errr yes on tython @ lvl 1-5 maybe. Stop sexing up the dossier. The fact you're talking about 'consular' demonstrates you are judging this class by sub lvl 11 content ~ tutorial mode, and you know it.

    "sexing up the dossier"  WTF-LOL

  • Mors-SubitaMors-Subita montreal, QCPosts: 500Member

    Originally posted by mrw0lf

    Games change with the gamers playing them, the current new gamers come from cheats as standard and instant gratification, anything outside of this is grind and 'not fun'.

    BS about "new" gamers coming from cheats any more than old gamers... I have just 11 words for you.

    "up" "up" "down" "down" "left" "right" "left" "right" "B" "A" "Start"

    image

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

    Originally posted by mrw0lf

    Trying to think of any recent mmo that wasn't like this. You would have to be sleeping at the keyboard to die to PvE in nearly any mainstream mmo released in the last 5 years, this is not going to change anytime soon.

    I want everything right now, if I can't get it in game I want to buy it and I don't ever want to die, I want to be all powerful to everything. This is the mantra, if it keeps people playing they would have to be stupid to change it. Games change with the gamers playing them, the current new gamers come from cheats as standard and instant gratification, anything outside of this is grind and 'not fun'.

    You could die in Rift for sure early on.  In Aion you could die a little less easily, but it could still happen.  In Warhammer you definitely could die before 30 (in PVE, and of course in PVP).  In FFXIV you could die (yes I played it).  Pretty sure you could die in AOC too pretty easily if you weren't paying attention.

    The OP is right, there is no challange.  Part of the reason is you always are playing a pet class.  The game would be appropriate challange-wise if you didn't have a companion with you always.

    I believe you are wrong that players do not want a challange.  Only time will tell but I think most everybody enjoys the feeling of beating a hard enemy.

    Of course, this is coming from someone that actually LIKED the death penalty in FFXI where you lose xp and you could actually level down.  It gave a sense of danger to every fight because losing xp sucked big time.  

    Most people don't like harsh death penalties and they're probably a thing of the past, but I do think people enjoy some sense of danger or risk of loss of some kind in fights.

       Hold I agree, although fishing for your corpse in everquest was a bit much, but there are people who want somewhat of a challenge in their mmo's and swtor offered that when it first launched , I wonder when they got it into their head to go to super easy mode for lvl 1-30?

  • ArkiniaArkinia Palm Harbor, FLPosts: 251Member

    Originally posted by Mors-Subita

    Originally posted by mrw0lf

    Games change with the gamers playing them, the current new gamers come from cheats as standard and instant gratification, anything outside of this is grind and 'not fun'.

    BS about "new" gamers coming from cheats any more than old gamers... I have just 11 words for you.

    "up" "up" "down" "down" "left" "right" "left" "right" "B" "A" "Start"

    Contra... damn I loved that game!

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Puremallace

    How the hell are you a big supporter of TOR and quit the moment ME3 came out? Relabel the thread "big supporter of Bioware quits TOR". This is by far the dumbest stuff ever.

     

    What do you people expect? You quit and everyone else will just wait for you? This is like dumb ass guilds leads in Rift expecting everyone to hang around while we prayed they came back from swinging light sabers in TOR. Your server died because you left plain and simple.

       So what you are saying is I can only play swtor and no other games, even other bioware games?  LOL with a big LOL, sorry guy but what you just said is very silly.  I think I am allowed to play other games but I will make sure I ask for your permisssion first

  • Mors-SubitaMors-Subita montreal, QCPosts: 500Member

    Originally posted by Arkinia

    Originally posted by Mors-Subita

    Originally posted by mrw0lf

    Games change with the gamers playing them, the current new gamers come from cheats as standard and instant gratification, anything outside of this is grind and 'not fun'.

    BS about "new" gamers coming from cheats any more than old gamers... I have just 11 words for you.

    "up" "up" "down" "down" "left" "right" "left" "right" "B" "A" "Start"

    Contra... damn I loved that game!

    yeah.,.. 99 lives, and other stuff in a whole bunch of other games that used the same code... There were cheats going all the way back to pong, I am sure...

     

    image

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by MurlockDance

    I made a Sith inquistor on a different server just to see if what the OP was saying was true, that mobs lose 75% of their hp's in one lightsabre swing. Ok, since it was a new server to me, I of course could not send any items from an older character to her, so she was really out-of-the-box.

    My normal vibroblade swings did not take off 75% health on any of the mobs I fought. Some of my powers could one-shot the weaker mobs, but the normal mobs or strong mobs definitely required more. So unless the Sith inquisitor is really underpowered at low levels compared to a Jedi counsellor, which I doubt highly, or the original poster boosted the heck out of his low levels with better items than what is available to someone starting out, then I call foul.

    The early game is calibrated to people who are brand-new and to people with characters with no equipment, so the difficulty actually seemed just right.

      The sith inquisitor was my first character in swtor and I played it at launch , I found the difficulty to be somewhat challenging and even died a few times, ,  My sith inquis/sorc is now up to lvl 25 and with the companion it is super easy. Now many of the posters have said that after lvl 30 it gets harder and that is fine, but why did swtor change it recently and make it super easy in lvl 1-30?

  • ArkiniaArkinia Palm Harbor, FLPosts: 251Member

    Originally posted by eddieg50

    Originally posted by MurlockDance

    I made a Sith inquistor on a different server just to see if what the OP was saying was true, that mobs lose 75% of their hp's in one lightsabre swing. Ok, since it was a new server to me, I of course could not send any items from an older character to her, so she was really out-of-the-box.

    My normal vibroblade swings did not take off 75% health on any of the mobs I fought. Some of my powers could one-shot the weaker mobs, but the normal mobs or strong mobs definitely required more. So unless the Sith inquisitor is really underpowered at low levels compared to a Jedi counsellor, which I doubt highly, or the original poster boosted the heck out of his low levels with better items than what is available to someone starting out, then I call foul.

    The early game is calibrated to people who are brand-new and to people with characters with no equipment, so the difficulty actually seemed just right.

      The sith inquisitor was my first character in swtor and I played it at launch , I found the difficulty to be somewhat challenging and even died a few times, ,  My sith inquis/sorc is now up to lvl 25 and with the companion it is super easy. Now many of the posters have said that after lvl 30 it gets harder and that is fine, but why did swtor change it recently and make it super easy in lvl 1-30?

    I stopped a week ago or so. I played since day one and do not think it was any easier or harder since launch. I have a level 50 SIth Sorc and I glided my way to 50, as for my Sentinel, much more difficult.

  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Pigozz

    Originally posted by Tayah

     

    I have nothing to say except that I absolutely adore your profile pic Tayah :D

    Please, would you be so kind and send me a pm with that gif? :)

    Sent it to ya.

    image

    What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

  • Jason2444Jason2444 Kingman, AZPosts: 372Member

    Originally posted by Chrome1980

    Sorry i doubt anyone is going to  believe that you were one shotting every instance before 50. Don't troll us please.

    Is one shotting SWTOR instances some great feat?

    It REALLY isn't that difficult.

     

    Probably since, just like everything else, Bioware copy/pasted the WoW boss mechanics into SWTOR, so everyone already knew how to kill every boss...

    MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

  • olepiolepi Austin, TXPosts: 1,150Member Uncommon

    Not much comparison between Vanguard and SWTOR. You can level 3-4 characters from 1-50 in Vanguard, and never repeat any content.

    ------------
    RIP City of Heroes. One of my favorite MMO's.

  • Coltaine00Coltaine00 Calgary, ABPosts: 52Member
    I died 4 times in total on my inquisitor on the way to level 50 (warzones excluded).

    I played mostly solo.

    Game was far, far too easy.
1235»
Sign In or Register to comment.