Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got out of going to my girlfriend`s, friend`s birthday party! Now lets do some mmo talkin

nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

SO I faked being sick cause some good open betas are going on this weekend, tera, diablo 3, etc. Tera was a huge surprise even though its very much a go kill this and ocme back for this, this gameplay, the graphics and the story is pretty intriguging I finally a mmo to want me having more since WoW.

Diablo 3, I been playing my witchdoctor for a bit, so far its very fun, it can get a little eh at times, but hey its diablo 3, even diablo 2 had its ups and downs, but atleast its not a mmo and I can pick it up and play it when I want. the mood and the graphics are a little bit darker than people saying it was cartoony.

All in all a great weekend so far!>

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Haha! I remember faking sick once to play SWG.

I was so excited. My wife was going to be gone for the entire day, so I would've had endless time to game.

I ran to the PC the moment she walked out the door. SERVERS DOWN ENTIRE TIME.

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265

I played the D3 beta for a while last night.  I wasn't super impressed but I wasn't disappointed either.  The one thing that bothered my a lot was it shows you where to go for the quest....so there is less reason to explore.  I will probably buy it tho.

I downloaded TERA last night and will give it a go tonight. 

So many games coming out this year it's hard to tell which ones will be the best.  I'm hoping GW2 delivers, and kind of interested in The Secret World.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

I sure hope your girlfriend doesn't read MMORPG, hehe, or your gonna be in trouble...

• nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

Originally posted by mmoDAD

I was so excited. My wife was going to be gone for the entire day, so I would've had endless time to game.

"gone for the entire day" huh? I am a pretty sure she was having fun in ways a mmo cant provide ;)

• vaeiouvaeiou Member Posts: 39
    D3's a huge disappointment to me. I played a monk through the whole beta with mostly 1 hand (don't ask me what I was doing with the other :p). The challenge just isn't there, and while the production values are impressive, the gameplay is the same formula and I don't see any real advances in the genre. The artisan is a joke too as you just feed him money to level up to craft better gear. As it stands now, I'm looking forward to Torchlight 2 a lot more than D3. I can't say much about Tera as I have been placing my hopes on Guild Wars 2, which is having its own open beta to those who have prepurchased the game next weekend.

League of Legends | Guild Wars 2
    Follow me at:
    mostlygamingblog
    Twitter

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Wow.. sucks for you dude.  I actually have a girlfriend that doesn't mind me playing video games.  Though, I actually like being out in the real world on occasion.  I don't feel the need to lie in order to get some extra time.  I guess I grew up and my priorities are a little bit more in line with an adults.

• nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

Originally posted by vaeiou

D3's a huge disappointment to me. I played a monk through the whole beta with mostly 1 hand (don't ask me what I was doing with the other :p). The challenge just isn't there, and while the production values are impressive, the gameplay is the same formula and I don't see any real advances in the genre. The artisan is a joke too as you just feed him money to level up to craft better gear. As it stands now, I'm looking forward to Torchlight 2 a lot more than D3. I can't say much about Tera as I have been placing my hopes on Guild Wars 2, which is having its own open beta to those who have prepurchased the game next weekend.

D3 is a disappointment because I believe you compare it too much to a mmorpg, D3 does what diablo series does best, its a hack and slash online RPG where you item hunt. Thats what D2 did thats what Diablo did. DIablo 2 wasnt popular in any other way besides the addictiveness to down monsters and get loot.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Hahahaa.. The life we live..

Guilty..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

HAHA, I remember my Wife going away for the whole weekend once about 7 years ago with her sister who came to town.  3 hours after she left, transformer in the neighborhood blew out, was with out power till sunday at 9 pm, 1 hour before the wife came home.  I swear to this day I think my wife paid someone to blow that transformer so I wouldnt be able to have fun.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Cameron27Cameron27 Member Posts: 142

Originally posted by DAS1337

Wow.. sucks for you dude.  I actually have a girlfriend that doesn't mind me playing video games.  Though, I actually like being out in the real world on occasion.  I don't feel the need to lie in order to get some extra time.  I guess I grew up and my priorities are a little bit more in line with an adults.

Wow dude...you also must have grown up to have your priorities in line with that of an asshole. I'm glad your life is perfect and infinitely better than the OP's. This may not have crossed your mind, but maybe the OP isn't an adult. (I have no idea, but he could be in high school.) Your girlfriend probably grew up with the metabolism of an adult cow.

"I will not play it nor any other MMO until they make it possible to obtain the best gear without forcing people to group up to do so." SwampRob

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

Whenever I get some alone time some friends call me and go "OHAI, WANNA DO SOME SHIZZ BRAH?" It's fun of course, but not everytime some beta I am interested in starts.

You are lucky.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Gorwe

As amusing thread as it may be, it Opens one interesting question:

What have you got to hide in order to play under the veil of secrecy?

This may be just Warhammer speaking from me, but if your girl has sth against you playing games well...perhaps she is not a girl for gamer? After all, we gamers are proud to be gamers and your significant other should at least be comfortable with that...

Spoken like someone who doesnt have a long term relationship.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    My wife plays MMOs with me. We have skipped social functions together to game. Excellent setup.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I have to admit I busted out laughing at just the thread title alone before I even clicked on it.  image

• AxslavAxslav Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by nomatics856

"gone for the entire day" huh? I am a pretty sure she was having fun in ways a mmo cant provide ;)

Just had to log in and say lol owned

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

As I read the title... all I could think was... this guy is my hero! LOL

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Absolutely hilarious. Now you have to hope she doesn't surprise you with good intentions to nurse you back to health!

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Originally posted by Axslav

Originally posted by nomatics856

Just had to log in and say lol owned

Actually that's a pretty 'below the belt' comment (OP's). Say that to someone irl and you will likely get punched in the face. And yes we all know what he meant.

O_o o_O