Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frogster strikes again!

Comments

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Theme,

Unless you work at Frogster in accounts receivable you have no idea how many peoe have cancelled. Take your side argument to another thread here or to it's forum. You remaking the other fans look bad.

Just not worth my time anymore.

LOL, Typing from a phone is serious business. My point Themehosptl is that you are making the test of the GW2 fans look bad trying to hijack a thread with spin. Take it somewhere else please.

• ThemehosptalThemehosptal Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

LOL, Typing from a phone is serious business. My point Themehosptl is that you are making the test of the GW2 fans look bad trying to hijack a thread with spin. Take it somewhere else please.

I don't recall making up any numbers about exactly how many left. I'm not a GW2 fan, so I couldn't care less about how I make you look. I'm not a fan of any MMORPG. I play what's good and avoid what's not. I wasn't trying to ''hijack'' anything. I know plenty of people that have left, and I assume we're not the only ones judging by this thread on TERA forum and the other 20+ (no really, if you frequent their forum during changes and beta events you'd see them) that popped up back when they changed the other stuff with their westernization. Frogster have been fucking up for quite some time. The game is an RNG mess, the pvp content is non existant, so saying PvPers choosing GW2 over TERA is only logical.

Logical? GW2 has nothing to do with the conversation and you just did it again in your last post lol.

Frogster may indeed be screwing up but people like to make a lot of noise on forums so reading it does not make it true.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

I love censor logic.

"Let's remove the biological reaction to being slashed by large, sharpened metallic weaponry so that children will believe that we're all filled with grape jelly".

- Stabbing, slashing, bludgeoning - Ok

- Blood - Big No No

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

I love censor logic.

"Let's remove the biological reaction to being slashed by large, sharpened metallic weaponry so that children will believe that we're all filled with grape jelly".

- Blood - Big No No

you make the mistake of thinking governments are logical...put more than 1 person in a room and the rooms IQ goes way down...put a bunch of politicians and a group of chimps are smarter.

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

I love censor logic.

- Blood - Big No No

lol this post made me laugh so hard...

From some times now every time I read about Elins (even if i find them bad taste, but that just me), too reavealing armor and now blood this video pop in my mind:

http://youtu.be/Qh2sWSVRrmo

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Im looking forward to trying tera today and no blood wont have an effect on my take of the game, though i do tend to view companies that would sacrifice something like nudity or blood for the sake of a rating as weak...

Playing GW2..

• JosephProsekJosephProsek Member UncommonPosts: 98

I think it came down to an oversight on Frogsters part. They marketed and packaged the game with that rating not realizing, or trying to hide, the fact the blood was in violation of that rating.

Going through the process of changing the rating and repackaging all of the software is too much to make it worth it financially and they would have to push back release.

I am surprised they decided on the age 12 bracket though. I guess the sales estimates seemed worth it at the time.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I can only imagine what other reason in the future may upset people.

Not even thinking they'll be upset to a point they start leaving.

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

I don't really see how the inclusion/exclusion of blood would make or break the game for anyone...I didn't really even notice NA Tera had blood in it till I read this thread and looked close.

I'd imagine most people are just upset over the idea that their game is censored then they are about the actual content loss.

Honestly though if it gets more people in the game I'd take a greater population over blood animations any day.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by drakes821

I don't really see how the inclusion/exclusion of blood would make or break the game for anyone...I didn't really even notice NA Tera had blood in it till I read this thread and looked close.

I'd imagine most people are just upset over the idea that their game is censored then they are about the actual content loss.

Honestly though if it gets more people in the game I'd take a greater population over blood animations any day.

You don't seem to understand, its not just about the blood.  Its about changing the game from the original,  not only is the blood removed, EU also had to remove or change some of the dungeons due to blood and mutalated bodies.  And one must wonder what else they will change.  The EU community is questioning Frogsters decision to rate Tera "peggy 12".

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by stayontarget

You don't seem to understand, its not just about the blood.  Its about changing the game from the original,  not only is the blood removed, EU also had to remove or change some of the dungeons due to blood and mutalated bodies.  And one must wonder what else they will change.  The EU community is questioning Frogsters decision to rate Tera "peggy 12".

Wait a second, is this confrmed? 

I only read speculations from some forum users.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

Hang on a second.  I live in the UK and had read that only a couple of countries in the EU were getting the blood removal.  I wasn't aware that the UK would suffer from this also.

Is this infact going to apply to the WHOLE of the EU or just select countries?

Entire EU even if the problem is with Germany laws from what i understood. I don't care for blood but if they begin to remove/edit istances I'll be really pissed.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

Adds more to my worries that the EU version is going to flop.  FFS.

I had my thread closed over on the EU forums because I addressed some of my concerns with Frogster, yet obviously they weren't willing to hear any criticism and must have taken it as badmouthing instead.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=61972&p=1301056

• HimemiyaHimemiya Member Posts: 139
    Idiots, that's what they are. They're well on their way to becoming an even worse company than NCwest.

I overestimated the Frog.

L2P TERA combat:

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Kehdar

Originally posted by stayontarget

Wait a second, is this confrmed? 

I only read speculations from some forum users.

Remember the ballroom in the SM dungeon,  you know the one with all the blood on the floor, thats gonna have to be whitewashed in some way.  And their are quite a few more open world & instance dungeons that are far more graphic than that one.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

I don't see Bluehole remodelling istances cause at Frogster are morons, so i don't see how they can fix this mess unless they remove half content from the game.

What did I do to deserve Frogster, my Lord????

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

People need to grow up and deal with reality. There is something call laws and companies have to adhere to them or face a fine or possibly closure. If you played Tera because of the gore then TERA is probably the wrong game for you. From playing the korean version all the way to level 44, I pretty much didn't notice any blood until I reached the level 27 instance and after that I saw very little blood.

• HimemiyaHimemiya Member Posts: 139

Originally posted by silvermember

People need to grow up and deal with reality. There is something call laws and companies have to adhere to them or face a fine or possibly closure. If you played Tera because of the gore then TERA is probably the wrong game for you. From playing the korean version all the way to level 44, I pretty much didn't notice any blood until I reached the level 27 instance and after that I saw very little blood.

"People need to grow up and deal with reality. There is something call laws and companies have to adhere to them or face a fine or possibly closure."

Frogster is the one who pushed for a PEGI 12 rating.

"I pretty much didn't notice any blood until I reached the level 27 instance and after that I saw very little blood."

There's (was...) an option called Lurid Display, which increases the amount of blood and gore details shown in-game. Did you have that turned all the way up on the Korean client?

L2P TERA combat:

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

My understanding is most of the people who've canceled their pre-order have instead just moved to the NA version. I don't know why in that instance, it's not believable people aren't interested in the EU version when they can just move to what they consider to be the more superior version.

As for the blood and gore, I remember a similar argument with the comparison between Mortal Kombat, the SNES vs. Genesis version. One was more popular by far than the other. Some people like their combat visceral *shrug*

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Guys the problem here is not just blood, they removed blood when fighting oand over scenery and of this i don't care much even if they left some white hole where blood was on the scenery. 

Then they removed the guild emblems cause they can't control which image players will use. 

What scare me is that this is Frogster meddling with contents of a game when they can't even make a decent site, what will they do for the istances like SM? There is a big blood fountain there... are they going to remove it? edit the blood into water? and how much wil they mess the istance by editing it since they are clearly incopetent?