Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To the powerhouse PVP guilds in search of....

ezduzitezduzit Member Posts: 112

Comments

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I don't know why you had to create such a huge wall of text. However, from what I gather it basically boils down to this:

You don't like GW2's pvp, because it's not a sandbox. The end. Not sure why this needs to be a new thread, there are a lot of sandboxers on this site that have made the same remark in one way or another.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by ezduzit

*snip* So much that I can guarantee that the first PVP sever to pursue organized ‘collective’ pvp will become the most dominate pvp powerhouse community. No credit will be given to a specific guild. 

Dude, wtf are you talking about? In every game I've played, open or closed pvp, people team up but guilds don't lose their identity. You think just because entire races in Aion gathered against each other, that guilds from that race didn't get recognition for having greater contribution to the war? Specific guilds pretty much ended up being the ones who coordinated everything, people figuring they knew what they were doing and essentially letting them call the shots. It's like that in every PvP game there ever was.

GG trying to sound like a PvPer, though. With your logic, I doubt you've ever been more than a voyeur.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• RathanX26RathanX26 Member Posts: 119

I actually read the whole thing and tried following your logic. I cannot. I can't see a point to what you have written, whether you are telling a story or producing a thought. Either way, it seems like you want to say something about the PvP aspect of GW2, but i have no idea what that might be. Umm... if this means you are looking forward to the game then gratz, if this means you hate the PvP aspect of GW2, then sorry to hear that.

(edit-before it became modded)

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

I could not comprehend what point you were trying to make. The only jist I got is that you want some sort of sandbox game, along with some unfounded fears that ones guild won't be recognized due to their contributions. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

I think the OP would be happier in Planetside 2

And I agree, his brand of PvP makes the rest of us look bad....

• therez0therez0 Member Posts: 379

I started laughing when the OP said the only way to earn accolades as a PvP guild is to black-book hunt. Didn't make it past that line.

PvP guilds earn respect from skill, not because they they hunt-down low-life gankers. It takes a laughable amount of skill to bingo hunt, just add numbers.

For me, Guild Respect in the GW franchise will always come from the competitive arranged teams (not WvW teams).

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Maephisto

Originally posted by therez0

I started laughing when the OP said the only way to earn accolades as a PvP guild is to black-book hunt. Didn't make it past that line.

PvP guilds earn respect from skill, not because they they hunt-down low-life gankers. It takes a laughable amount of skill to bingo hunt, just add numbers.

For me, Guild Respect in the GW franchise will always come from the competitive arranged teams (not WvW teams).

Usually it's hard to understand why somebody wouldn't read the first post, but I have to admit that in this case, I could see giving somebody a free pass.  The opening post isn't the best formatted thing I've ever seen, it's hard to slog through.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Follow me on this.  GW2 is not for you.  Go play Eve, MO or DF if thats the kind of PvP you're looking for.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

OP unfolded unconsciously exactly the reasons i like GW2, mutli guild access, multi server open pvp maps, pvp scenarios rather than guild vs guild, non grouping hard coded mechanism, non gear based combat and many more design decisions.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767
    What the uck did i just read?

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Why is everyone responding to someone so clearly misguided?

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by ezduzit

Guild Wars 2. It’s a shame that they don’t have open world PVP. They have instanced pvp ...

Couldn't get past this part. OP can't even differentiate between zones and instances.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

There are 2 types of PvPers.

1) People who enjoy a challenging fight against real opponents

2) Those that enjoy griefing other, much lower level players because it makes them feel big. When presented with a real opponent as per 1, they run away.

I dont want to play with/alongside/against anyone that falls into the secondary category. Take from that what you will OP

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

Was going to replay then I took a wall of rambling text to the knee.

Crap, look like I replyed anyways. Well, then, OP.. perhaps GW2 isnt the game for you and your uber leet guild. No harm in that. No game can be for EVERY one and their guild.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Your wall of inane ramblings just ganked me.

Follow me on this. If you don't like it don't play it.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

Don't buy it. There, problem solved.