Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Companions broken 1 week but BioWare has better to do....

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

BioWare has really some lousy and bad Customer Support, that needs to be said because they answer no Tickets and they seem to not care much about their customers at all. My Ticket was unanswererd since almost 5 days and then it was simply removed by someone of BioWare.  Nice CS ! 

The Problem >

Companion Earpieces and Implants arent recognized since the famous bugged patch 1.2.  In my case my companion is loosing 1200 HP and alot Attack power.

The only fix is to remove and replace these items every few minutes after using a mount, zoning or traveling.

The companions are loosing the Stats everytime. Companions are already weak enough and die from a few hits. The lost stats from the earpiece and implants just makes it worse.

I wonder how it takes to fix this bug

Comments

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    Yeah this sucks but I've gone from 1 to 50 and never had my companion use those items. BW needs to fix this but its hardly game breaking considering the low level of difficulty of this game.
  • FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277
    That's a bug if it affects everyone. It's not a customer service request and it's far from game breaking. If you phrased your cs request using the attitude you displayed here i would make sure your companions stay bugged if i was assigned the ticket.
  • goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by Fennris

That's a bug if it affects everyone. It's not a customer service request and it's far from game breaking. If you phrased your cs request using the attitude you displayed here i would make sure your companions stay bugged if i was assigned the ticket.

That attitude is why the game is in the toilet in the first place.

• Don-QuixoteDon-Quixote Member Posts: 87

I hope no developer ever considers hiring a person with your attitude.

• FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277

<< I hope no developer ever considers hiring a person with your attitude. >>

Where I work I'm the one that hires developers.  Seriously - we aren't talking about the price of a trip to the outback - more like McDonald's is the subscription price and you get to play almost every day all day for that amount of money.  You do not get to be hostile or self righteous or dictatorial or throw a tantrum and expect people that work for me to pander to you.  For some reason way too many kids get weird ideas on forums likes these; in the real wold, in some industries, that behavior flies - maybe you'll get a free lunch at McDonald's, manager's spit on your cheeseburg costing nothing extra.  In others you will get cheerfully thrown out.  In this one you might get high 5's from other (idiot) players on forums like this but the most you're going to accomplish is giving a well-intentioned csr a headache meanwhile distracting him from someone else that can actually be helped.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Where I work I'm the one that hires developers.  Seriously - we aren't talking about the price of a trip to the outback - more like McDonald's is the subscription price and you get to play almost every day all day for that amount of money.  You do not get to be hostile or self righteous or dictatorial or throw a tantrum and expect people that work for me to pander to you.  For some reason way too many kids get weird ideas on forums likes these; in the real wold, in some industries, that behavior flies - maybe you'll get a free lunch at McDonald's, manager's spit on your cheeseburg costing nothing extra.  In others you will get cheerfully thrown out.  In this one you might get high 5's from other (idiot) players on forums like this but the most you're going to accomplish is giving a well-intentioned csr a headache meanwhile distracting him from someone else that can actually be helped.

According to the OP, CS didnt even give a response. If that is true, then it is bad CS, no matter how you spin it.

The fact that you didn't even acknowledge this makes me doubt that you have that position that you claim. Your general condescending attitude towards customers in your posts tells me that you wouldn't be the right person to tell employees on how to deal with customers.

Any well intentioned csr would not have closed the ticket without a response. Unless it is a bad csr.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

lol come on man, who do you think you are kidding?  at best you are one of the slobs answering phones, cringing and telling people what they want to hear and hoping they don't ask for a supervisor.

not only that, but I believe we've seen what happens to games that are broken, have bad CS, and are underdeveloped, they fail.  mmo developers are in no position to ignore their playerbase.

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293

The problem has been acknowledged by the developers.  This will sound like a fanboy, but I am sure they are working on it.

Obviously it isn't a quick fix or they would be done by now.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

So he made a ticket about a known bug that effects everyone.  One that is talked about on the technical support forum?  Yeah I would close his ticket too.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by Jonnas13

Originally posted by someforumguy

According to the OP, CS didnt even give a response. If that is true, then it is bad CS, no matter how you spin it.

The fact that you didn't even acknowledge this makes me doubt that you have that position that you claim. Your general condescending attitude towards customers in your posts tells me that you wouldn't be the right person to tell employees on how to deal with customers.

Any well intentioned csr would not have closed the ticket without a response. Unless it is a bad csr.

[Mod Edit]

I never said that what the OP wrote is true, read my post. I just commented on Fennris's condescending attitude towards customers. I never backed up the OP. Stop seeing everyone as hater, because I didnt even gave my opinion about SWTOR in my post.

I'm not anti whatever game.

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Originally posted by Portland

BioWare has really some lousy and bad Customer Support, that needs to be said because they answer no Tickets and they seem to not care much about their customers at all. My Ticket was unanswererd since almost 5 days and then it was simply removed by someone of BioWare.  Nice CS ! 

The Problem >

Companion Earpieces and Implants arent recognized since the famous bugged patch 1.2.  In my case my companion is loosing 1200 HP and alot Attack power.

The only fix is to remove and replace these items every few minutes after using a mount, zoning or traveling.

The companions are loosing the Stats everytime. Companions are already weak enough and die from a few hits. The lost stats from the earpiece and implants just makes it worse.

I wonder how it takes to fix this bug

When I first read this I thought it would be the types of bugs I encountered a fw weeks back.  On my smuggler I had Bowdaar on my ship but not in my crew management window so I was unable to use him.  In fairness BW was very quick to respond but they said they couldn't fix the problem right away (which did bother me because there were posts by others who said csr's had given them access to bugged companions) but truth be told this is the internet you can't believe everything you hear. In this particular instance I have to say maybe they didn't answer your ticket but it didn't take them long to answer that one for me.

In regards to the bug you are actually speaking about I have to be honest and say I wasn't aware of it maybe I just didn't notice it because as another poster said it doesn't seem to be all that game breaking, will it make your fights a bit tougher? Sure but impossible? I doubt it especially considering I made it to my mid 30's easily without ever using the implants etc. on any of my companions, heck I didn't even think the non sentient ones could use those.

You may be angry at BW but I think it is quite a stretch to say they don't care about the desires of the customer because from where I sit they seem highly proactive in trying to please the paying customer examples include issues like the ui that people were unhappy with I heard complaints about the horrible UI in FFXIV and I continued to hear those complaints for over a year and they fixed the UI in TOR in four months.

Now I do wonder about some of the csr's because I do have one ticket that shouldn't have been a ticket since I was mistaken in my issue but ironically this particular ticket is closed but doesn't act closed so every time I log in I have to enter that ticket to get rid of the annoying letter in the upper right hand corner.

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

What the hell kind of answer am I seeing with this crap, just take a different companion? Calling the guy a whiner because something in the game for him is broken and he can't get any help with it? That's taking being defensive a bit over the top is it not?

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

Ticket was written nice and friendly. No offence. Still no reply....

its still broken, unfixed however you like it.

for my healer and tank companion at Level 37 it makes almost 7% less effectiveness.

Implants and Ear Item is broken for every player on every server. Just remove and put them back and check your CP´s damage, HP etc etc.... 

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by someforumguy

Perhaps he works for Bioware?

Ticket was written nice and friendly. No offence. Still no reply....

its still broken, unfixed however you like it.

for my healer and tank companion at Level 37 it makes almost 7% less effectiveness.

Implants and Ear Item is broken for every player on every server. Just remove and put them back and check your CP´s damage, HP etc etc.... 

If this is really happening to every character on every server I would think you would understand then why you haven't recieved a response or a fix at this point it is something they need to fix for every single player in the game (much like my bugged wookie) so you will probably recieve a fix in a patch.

Them not answering I would hope is a result of almost every single person playing for free right now and hence the game is populated beyond what it has been recently.

At any rate I do hope they answer you at the least but I wouldn't count on a fix until you see an upcoming patch.

And like others have mentioned it is bad form to close tickets without a response (which I have had them do to me) even the canned responses they often give that just piss me off to no end.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

In all honesty, SW:TOR's In-Game Customer Service DOES suck.  I had a similar issue where I had written a thorough explanation of my problem, and went several days without a response.

About a week later, the ticket was closed, the brief response I received DIDN'T EVEN PERTAIN TO MY ISSUE, and it was full of spelling errors.  Whomever had closed the ticket also failed to give their CSR name, or the now-standard follow up comments that seem to appear on in-game tickets since that time.

I was forced to write BioWare directly at their corporate email in order to follow up on my ticket, and I gave them all of my information pertaining to the brief misspelled response I received.

Less than a day later, the ticket was-- curiously enough-- re-opened, and my issue was responded to in a much more professional manner.

Later, I found out that EA outsourced the Customer Service for SW:TOR to Ireland.  image  WTF?

Whether this is BioWare's doing, or EA's, it's hard to tell at this point, but the OP definitely has a valid concern.

• HejietHejiet Member Posts: 49

If it is a bug for "everyone", that means you've got about 1 million people write up a ticket about the same issue, thinking they are helping the devs by pointing out a bug.

And then you are surprised you didn't get a response back?

They aren't going to answer ticket about stuff they know that is affecting everybody.

FYI, I'm sure BW is aware of the problem and are looking into it.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by goldiewilson

That attitude is why the game is in the toilet in the first place.

It reminds me of the Paul Christoforo (played here by Fennris) incident that was documented on Penny Arcade, where the Sales and Marketing rep from Ocean Marketing screwed some customer over, then proceeded to insert an incredibly large shoe in his proverbial mouth...

Here's the link: http://www.penny-arcade.com/resources/just-wow1.html

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Originally posted by Ausare

So he made a ticket about a known bug that effects everyone.  One that is talked about on the technical support forum?  Yeah I would close his ticket too.

good your not working for such a company...... at least i hope so.... 

people like you are the reason games get 2 million players then 1 year later they need to merge servers. big mouth and  many promises, then after a bit, only the cash counts and the customer doesnt matter anymore..... typicall type of person for crap support in any IT company. complaints follow and hopefully this type of person gets replaced quick.

It is a known bug that they said they are working on.  Seems to me you are the problem here if it is something they are working on and have acknowledged.  You come to whine about a known problem instead of waiting for them to fix it.  If it is known and your life depends on it being fixed now or you will come whine about it on this board then maybe this game is not for you. 

good your not working for such a company...... at least i hope so.... 

people like you are the reason games get 2 million players then 1 year later they need to merge servers. big mouth and  many promises, then after a bit, only the cash counts and the customer doesnt matter anymore..... typicall type of person for crap support in any IT company. complaints follow and hopefully this type of person gets replaced quick.

It is a known bug that they said they are working on.  Seems to me you are the problem here if it is something they are working on and have acknowledged.  You come to whine about a known problem instead of waiting for them to fix it.  If it is known and your life depends on it being fixed now or you will come whine about it on this board then maybe this game is not for you. 

What's even worse is he isn't even talking about something that is breaking the game he is talking about something that is depowering his (and everyones) companions.

To be honest I never knew this bug existed until I came upon his post but if I knew about it before hand I would have (as I always do) went to the forums to see if they acknowledged or had a fix for it first,  if they acknowledge it I usually won't submit a ticket unless they say specifically to do so.

Given the facts as they have been presented I can't really sympathize with the op (as I pointed out the minute he made it known this issue is effecting everyone on all servers).

I'm forced to ask what does he really expect? Them to just come in and fix his character?  Or maybe he really wants one of those totallly annoying canned responses of "this is a known issue we are unable to fix at this time we are sorry for any inconvenience blah blah blah".

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Since when is CS responsible for responding to bug reports?  In fact, why are you sending email to CS instead of reporting a bug to the correct people through the bug report option so readily made available to all players?   Learn to use the correct channels of command or be ignored, that's life.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

i simply dont believe anything written in the text above....... not one word....

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

Almost all Customer Servuce relating to MMOs is exceptionally bad because developers consider it to be a cost.

So they understaff their CS and they outsource it, usually to people who don't speak very good English, who try to solve everything from a book of very limited scripts and who don't play the game.

What they should do is think of CS as a 'loss-leader', a cost that pays off longterm dividends in customer satisfation, positive experience and developer-player relations. This is what car deale5rships do now. They regard aftercare as important as the actual sale.