Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Open Beta Stress Test This Weekend

Comments

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Nevermind that the launcher and Login screen are already exact clones of World of Warcraft.

But the Login button is not clickable.

Diablo III, which is not an MMORPG... has full servers?

Ah... thanks WoW... thanks a lot.

Yeah lol. Single player game (with coop ability), but you cannot play, because Blizzard's servers are too busy. LMAO.

Indeed the similarites are worrying, as is the fault in logic about it being a single player game.

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

Originally posted by DarkPony

I be poised for this as well. What aboot the timezone? Is it supposed to be up yet?

I am +1 GMT in mainland EU I think and the floodgates open at 12 pm PDT supposedly ... getting errors at log in all the time, might have to do with that.

I belive  that would be 8.00pm your time...so should be up 2 hours by now.

Probably too many trying to get on but then we come back to the single player game thing again with this... :P

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Omnifish

I be poised for this as well. What aboot the timezone? Is it supposed to be up yet?

I am +1 GMT in mainland EU I think and the floodgates open at 12 pm PDT supposedly ... getting errors at log in all the time, might have to do with that.

Probably too many trying to get on but then we come back to the single player game thing again with this... :P

Yeah but now I am getting the error that this Bnet account doesn't have a D3 licence attached to it V_V

• CollaborCollabor Member UncommonPosts: 37

i'm trying to download the client but

it says, "We could not connect to the battle.net patch service. Please check your internet connection and try again"

anyone else getting this? how can this be fixed. my internet works fine

Originally posted by Omnifish

Yeah but now I am getting the error that this Bnet account doesn't have a D3 licence attached to it V_V

Oh crieky, well your getting further then me I suppose.

I had that earlier when I downloaded and tried to login before the open beta time, (becasue I'm a crazy funster like that), and I got the same response.

Naughty little Californians, fix this, nowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

It's working for me now. Thanks guys.

• infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by Collabor

i'm trying to download the client but

it says, "We could not connect to the battle.net patch service. Please check your internet connection and try again"

anyone else getting this? how can this be fixed. my internet works fine

only blizzard can fix this. Its a problem on their end everynow and then they release a patch for beta and it shuts their servers down for a while. So if they were having stabilities issues before in closed beta they are probably going to have more issues in open and on release with more ppl

• lennpelllennpell Member UncommonPosts: 111

Hm Blizzard logic, plans huge stress test with thousands of people to test servers, has a server cap. Genius.

• ZhaaMZhaaM Member UncommonPosts: 11

Originally posted by kuroimizu

Definitely a bugged installer, you cannot install in any location other than the default it has preprogrammed... lol wth? Also if you double click the location path instead of the button it crashes. Hopefully this is not the caliber of work that the live game will have.

Stop trolling mister computer genius, your problem is clearly 18 inches in front of the screen.

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291

Planning on having a wee bit o party tonight with D3, can't wait! I just hope it's ready by tonight and I'm guessing it will be, then I'll see ya'll in game so have fun!  Good luck=)

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

downloaders broken so much for a bit  of diablo fun

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Some updates from forums etc.

I am in the UK and get #3003 so looks like EU servers are not up yet @ 21:40GMT , I get #37 when switch to americas which I guess means "beta server full". 

IMPORTANT: IF your getting error 3003: Do (Options > Account > Region > "The Americas") EU region is NOT active

IMPORTANT: Make sure you downloaded the BETA CLIENT, not the retial, also make sure you have a battletag

IMPORTANT: They are looking into the "No Diablo III Game License"

IMPORTANT: "We've temporarily capped #D3 open beta concurrency until we can address some stability issues. Expect Error 37 and login failure.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

so far.. crap after crap after crap.. loads and lods of technical issues..

if this is a sign on what d3 will be.. d3 buyers looking into a lot of pain for the near future.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR

Originally posted by EduardoASG

so far.. crap after crap after crap.. loads and lods of technical issues..

if this is a sign on what d3 will be.. d3 buyers looking into a lot of pain for the near future.

*ahem* Beta stress test.. not live retail.

Originally posted by expresso

Some updates from forums etc.

I am in the UK and get #3003 so looks like EU servers are not up yet @ 21:40GMT , I get #37 when switch to americas which I guess means "beta server full". 

IMPORTANT: IF your getting error 3003: Do (Options > Account > Region > "The Americas") EU region is NOT active

IMPORTANT: Make sure you downloaded the BETA CLIENT, not the retial, also make sure you have a battletag

IMPORTANT: They are looking into the "No Diablo III Game License"

IMPORTANT: "We've temporarily capped #D3 open beta concurrency until we can address some stability issues. Expect Error 37 and login failure.

Are there seperate servers for Eu and US? I was only aware of them stress testing the US ones, if so maybe changing might be a good idea...

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

My son is in and has been playing for about 30 mins now. 0 problems so far. Hope they sort things out so you all can get in and try it out. Not my type of game but it looks cool for what it is. image

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

I've re-downloaded the installer twice, they keep getting stuck at like 60% something about installation files. Their error code says something worthless about restarting the pc, did - it did nothing, re-downloading, did - it did nothing. Pretty pathetic, so glad I didn't order the game.

Originally posted by saker

I've re-downloaded the installer twice, they keep getting stuck at like 60% something about installation files. Their error code says something worthless about restarting the pc, did - it did nothing, re-downloading, did - it did nothing. Pretty pathetic, so glad I didn't order the game.

Again *ahem* beta stress test

Did you try turning off the Peer to Peer download option?

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I am not sure why they really call this a "Beta", to level 13 takes around an hour roughly. More like a public trial than a Beta.

I was all excited a few months ago when I got an email saying I was accepted into D3 Beta, only to find out its an hours worth of " Beta" with each character.

Be a good time to give it a go and see if you like it tho.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Spent 2 hours playing just now. Even though I'm a true Diablo (hardcore-mode) freak with over a decade of playing that series under my belt, D3 hasn't really convinced me. Maybe it's just the class choice that seems very boring mouse-smashing (barb), I will try what magic is like next. Also.. Leoric again...REALLY?

Had no trouble with installer and played on American servers.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Rawiz

Spent 2 hours playing just now. Even though I'm a true Diablo (hardcore-mode) freak with over a decade of playing that series under my belt, D3 hasn't really convinced me. Maybe it's just the class choice that seems very boring mouse-smashing (barb), I will try what magic is like next.

Had no trouble with installer and played on American servers.

I had the same feeling. Graphics look pretty decent. Nice detail here and there. Just a shame there is no char customization, but that was to be expected from this type of game I guess. But still, would have been nice, as you are able to play with other players.... would have been nice to distinguise yourself a bit more.

The skill system is rather simplified and bit dissapointing.... especially after having tried out Path of Exile last week, DIII feels really dumbed down. :-/

I am not convinced either... so I am glad I have the opportunity to try out the game this weekend.

• CollaborCollabor Member UncommonPosts: 37

i still can't even connect to get the set-up files. able to download the client/installer. when i unzip the file and run the installer it still says i can't connect to the server. anyone have any idea how to fix this? 

• kalsigurkalsigur Member Posts: 27

Heh, it feels like a diablo clone.

Anyway, Ive been playing since noon but the game has caused my computer to overheat and crash 3 times so far. This sucks for me, since its obviously a hardware issue on my side. But at least I know not to get the game. Thanks Blizzard! 

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

I just keep getting "error 37" when I try to login... BAH!!!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Collabor

i still can't even connect to get the set-up files. able to download the client/installer. when i unzip the file and run the installer it still says i can't connect to the server. anyone have any idea how to fix this? 

The launcher is buggy as hell. My gf had to reboot her computer halfway the patching process, as it hang. After reboot it continued and finished without problems.

Killing the Blizzard Launcher in Task Manager didn't work... really had to reboot the computer. :-/