Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tabula Rasa Anyone Remember It?

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Seriously how many people remember this game and would actually like to play it again maybe on a harder dificulty than what the game offered previously add in more customization options etc.

After Earth Rise was released I saw this game as a Failure as it is not even talked about anymore and I hear it closed down although the site is still there and the game itself wouldn't even play on my computer correctly. But Anyways I saw similar things between the two games they just feel the same way like the enviorment although Earth Rise VS Tabula Rasa, I would say that Tabula Rasa was way better.

I wonder if this game will ever come back to the market as a F2P title or something and a bit improved. What ever happend to the code that was being used on the servers to run the game I wonder if it or another game siliar to this game will ever be released again without becomming a Pay 2 Win title.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabula_Rasa_(video_game)

Would anyone actually like to play this game again?

Comments

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

I do. A lot of wasted Potential.

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I was there at release and wasn't there very long.  Garbage as far I am concerned. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

Yes I agree, and Auto assault was one I like as well, but was wasted

Richard Garret won the lawsuit about Tabula Rasa, just wiki his name. The game was not made from the way he wanted it to be made from what I understood

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I would much rather play AutoAssault or a remake of it. Causing mayhem in that was always fun. If there was something like a Red Faction Guerrilla with MP co-op that would be a blast too.

Tabula Rasa in the form it was released in was very bland. The game wasn't much fun with the changes that were forced by NCsoft. It didn't make for a very good MMO either. The content was very dry linear, maps weren't very open and weren't seamless. Combat was dull and much to simplistic for a shooter or MMO. I'd never play it again even if it was F2P.

However, I wished I could have seen what the original plan Garriott had for TB it sounded more intriguing than the result

Now I wish I could have unseen it

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Originally posted by mmoguy43

I would much rather play AutoAssault or a remake of it. Causing mayhem in that was always fun. If there was something like a Red Faction Guerrilla with MP co-op that would be a blast too.

Tabula Rasa in the form it was released in was very bland. The game wasn't much fun with the changes that were forced by NCsoft. It didn't make for a very good MMO either. The content was very dry linear, maps weren't very open and weren't seamless. Combat was dull and much to simplistic for a shooter or MMO. I'd never play it again even if it was F2P.

However, I wished I could have seen what the original plan Garriott had for TB it sounded more intriguing than the result

Now I wish I could have unseen it

Haha, yeah that was lame. And when TB came out it was just... boring. Didn't want to play it past the first day. No hook.

Richard Garriot is a one hit wonder.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Yes Auto Assault too wouldn't be bad except a remake higher end graphics, more customizations and how about no classes anyone can change classes at any time but like has to level them up manually similar to rift.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

loved it, miss it dearly, there was an emulated server by RG himself but recently closed down due to some lawsuits... however it will be back some day in some flavor.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Mike_LMike_L Member UncommonPosts: 72

It was quite amazing that they actually managed to mess a game with so much potential up so bad. It was like they went for a failure from the beginning (thoughI know they probably worked hard on it).

Lack of leadership must have been the problem because you can't make such a bad game without bad leaders.

If it ain't dead you're not pressing 2 hard enough.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Originally posted by Corthala

Exactly

Gameplay was way ahead of its time.

But sad lack of content and many features missing. Coupled with total determination of NC sof to kill the game outright.

Destroyed it :(

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

TR was a good game. Very good actually. Never understood why they shut it down.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127

I remember it too... Anyone wanna buy a semi used Collectors Edition image

o.O

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

The only thing I remember of that is when the title was changed to Richard Garriot's Tabula Rasa.    lol  the ego.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Hyped, lots of potential, major fail!

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Tabula Rasa....I wouldn't play it to be honest. I feel as though it got what it deserved. 

• KatrisaKatrisa Member UncommonPosts: 116

THis game was ending just as I was starting to game. I wish i would of gotten the chance to play. Looks very interesting. 

/Meow

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

It's funny how games now days are trumpeting their "Dynamic Events" as something new, in many ways that was the basis of Tabula Rasa. 

I found the game refreshing at the time.

I loved the UI

I enjoyed the leveling tree (Not having to decide right away what to specialize in)

I liked the lack of aggro range (If you could see a mob, they could see you)

I didn't mind the lack of PVP (But the game would have been interesting if you could haveplayed the Bane)

Overall I would play it again if I had the chance.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

i played it, it's why i smile every time someone claims that the no-target-gameplay is something new. It had potential but it didn't have much travel options and the places were HUGE which killed it for me. also, using guns to kill everything was a tad too close to an FPS game title for me. Those are boring to me, stand there and shoot, reload, stand there and shoot reload, throw a grenade occasionally in an AOE, use an AOE fast shooter spread attack when aliens start zerging you all of a sudden,

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

Enjoyed Tabula Rasa for the first 20 levels, after that it became repetitive and redundant.

What I did not like also was the Copy approach the world had, I think it is called sharding something like that where you could be in ID A B or C copy of the world. This made it seem so artificial...

I liked the UI however and the smooth targeting they had with a nice attempt of Cover.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

I tried Tabula Rasa in beta and release, but I went back to PlanetSide,  If I would want to play it agian, I would try Firefall.  It's close enough for me.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311

Played a week...didn't like it...had a bad feel

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by Corthala

Exactly

Gameplay was way ahead of its time.

But sad lack of content and many features missing. Coupled with total determination of NC sof to kill the game outright.

Destroyed it :(

NCSoft didn't help it at all. Kind of like AutoAssualt.  While there were some interesting things, it really didn't hold up for me.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"