Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This week Diablo 3 open beta :) next week GW2 "open beta" :)

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

D3 open beta starts today

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo%C2%AE_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012#blog

And next week ... you know ...

GOOD TIMES image

Comments

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I guess I'll have to make a battle.net account. Can't get into my old one due to a long lost security key that I'm too lazy to contact them about.

Thanks for posting this! I didn't even know this was happening.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Oh wow. Blizzard getting desperate it look like

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• adis5005adis5005 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Oh wow. Blizzard getting desperate it look like

Not sure if stupid, or a retard.... how is this "getting desperate"? D3 will probably be bought by more people then GW2 ^^ and it's not even an MMO. Just enjoy the Open Beta instead of whining.

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

I love these forums. Having trouble sleeping? Log in and start smiling and laughing.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

So this weekend we get to see how blizzard have destroyed the diablo series and next weekend we get to see how similar GW2 is to the rest of th fantasy themepark MMOS :) awesome LOL

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by adis5005

Not sure if stupid, or a retard.... how is this "getting desperate"? D3 will probably be bought by more people then GW2 ^^ and it's not even an MMO. Just enjoy the Open Beta instead of whining.

Probably just trolling.

But don't be so sure, Diablo 2 sold 6 million copies including the expansion while GW sold 7 million copies (also including expansions).

Initially D3 will surely outsell GW2 but in the long run that is not such something I want to bet on.

And to pu things in perspective: The sims (1) sold 16 million copies, not counting expansions and it wasn´t a MMO either.

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

Originally posted by Caldrin

So this weekend we get to see how blizzard have destroyed the diablo series and next weekend we get to see how similar GW2 is to the rest of th fantasy themepark MMOS :) awesome LOL

more like DIFFERENT. LOL.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Being pessimistic much? image

• adis5005adis5005 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by Loke666

Probably just trolling.

But don't be so sure, Diablo 2 sold 6 million copies including the expansion while GW sold 7 million copies (also including expansions).

Initially D3 will surely outsell GW2 but in the long run that is not such something I want to bet on.

And to pu things in perspective: The sims (1) sold 16 million copies, not counting expansions and it wasn´t a MMO either.

You are right, but D2 had only 1 expac while GW had a few, still a lot of D2 copies were bought by botters, but times are different now then they were 10~12 years ago, and more people buy games, we'll just have to see :)

ps. D3 will have multiple expacs just like GW2 will.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Originally posted by Draftbeer

Being pessimistic much? image

haha well over the years of hyped up games i know exactly what to expect :).. tho you never know i might be suprised

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I'm expecting two different experinces from both games. D3 and GW2 that is, I am a big fan of Diablo 2, but never got the chance to play GW1. I was a kid and wasn't paying for my own games back then mainly or I would've.

I'm hoping that both actually are solid titles. I'm personally more drawn to Diablo's story getting a chance to touch back on some of those same things I've like in the previous two Diablo games.

Not saying Guild Wars doesn't have a great story I'm sure there's plenty of good things. I've just never had the chance to take them in..

Having Tera beta right now isn't the worst thing either.. Diablo might of messed my plans up a bit though..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

With GW2 already tried and prepurchased with no beta weekend to look forward to i will be spending time in both Tera and D3 both of which are vying for runner up on my buy list..

D3 is the big favorite going in due to playing both D1 and D2 and it being b2p dont hurt but Tera is fairly high on my radar and i cant wait to tear into them both!

Since fudgecom and EA want to play PR facebook games instead of letting players taste the real thing TSW will go on my "i may try it after it goes f2p list"..

Playing GW2..

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Loke666

Probably just trolling.

add to that the auctionhouse thing with d3. that'll affect their sales more than they think. i feel if they dumped their ah, let you play it as what it is (a singleplayer game offlline) and they'd sell more.

i know i would've bought it.

not in the condition it's in, though. i'd rather get torchlight2.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by headphones

add to that the auctionhouse thing with d3. that'll affect their sales more than they think. i feel if they dumped their ah, let you play it as what it is (a singleplayer game offlline) and they'd sell more.

torchilight2? You kidding right.

guess its a matter of taste.. but torchilight is not on the same league as Diablo series. Torchlight is more in line with cheap console flashy colourfull low budget action rpgs.

About the auction house. I think that auction house will bring a lot of players to D3 and if they implement it with the possiblity to make transactions with real life cash together with in game cash.. even more players will join D3.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Seems like they are happy with the product, as they let everyone play it.

This a good sign considering the launch date is less than a month away o/

• ManJunkManJunk Member Posts: 273

Thank you Lobo.  Wasn't aware of the D3 open beta.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by EduardoASG

guess its a matter of taste.. but torchilight is not on the same league as Diablo series. Torchlight is more in line with cheap console flashy colourfull low budget action rpgs.

About the auction house. I think that auction house will bring a lot of players to D3 and if they implement it with the possiblity to make transactions with real life cash together with in game cash.. even more players will join D3.

pfft to your opinion of torchlight's graphics.

i like them a lot. if you can't see the similarities between it and d2, then you're blind. and i'm sorry if that's true, because it must make gaming difficult. unless you're zatoichi. in which case, COOL!

as for not in the same league? where have you been? don't you know who's actually making it? it's got every positive thing d2 had. d2 has lived so long thanks to all the mods. d3 won't have mods. it won't have any kind of community-building at all.

but t2 will. t1 has it already. it's what gives it such longevity and t1's community is generally positive, friendly and dedicated. build a community, and you're done.

blizzard used to know this. unfortunately, they lost the guys who knew it. you can't build a positive community on this horrifying auction house model they're proposing. you're just turning people who might not have been spammers into spammers and ensuring no one can go away and play on their own by forcing them to play with the spammers. it's totally bizarre! but good business on their behalf because people are going to go nuts thinking they can make money and will be giving blizzard more money until they figure out they've been gypped.

the auction house will only bring a lot more "gold sellers" is all. it's that real life cash thing that is the biggest problem with the game. when people think they can make money out of playing, that's when it starts going pear-shaped. i don't give it long before it causes more problems than it's worth.

in future, this might help you to consider a more reasonable argument.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

as for not in the same league? where have you been? don't you know who's actually making it? it's got every positive thing d2 had. d2 has lived so long thanks to all the mods. d3 won't have mods. it won't have any kind of community-building at all.

but t2 will. t1 has it already. it's what gives it such longevity and t1's community is generally positive, friendly and dedicated. build a community, and you're done.

blizzard used to know this. unfortunately, they lost the guys who knew it. you can't build a positive community on this horrifying auction house model they're proposing. you're just turning people who might not have been spammers into spammers and ensuring no one can go away and play on their own by forcing them to play with the spammers. it's totally bizarre! but good business on their behalf because people are going to go nuts thinking they can make money and will be giving blizzard more money until they figure out they've been gypped.

errrm... sure :)

i dont actually understand how a d2 clone could live up to d3, but hey, play whatever you like.

i am quite sick of people saying "uuuuh, this game is made by the guys from blizzard! THEY ALL LEFT AND BLIZZ NAO SUCKZ!". THAT is a rather invalid argument, i never saw any of the former blizz employees do anything blizzard like after they left the monster :)

uh, and what makes you think i would play with spammers? did you actually EVER play diablo?????? i play with the people i like, that's it ^^ no spammers unless you mean me :P

uh and mods? seriously? you need a penis meter kind sir?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Originally posted by EduardoASG

pfft to your opinion of torchlight's graphics.

i like them a lot. if you can't see the similarities between it and d2, then you're blind. and i'm sorry if that's true, because it must make gaming difficult. unless you're zatoichi. in which case, COOL!

the auction house will only bring a lot more "gold sellers" is all. it's that real life cash thing that is the biggest problem with the game. when people think they can make money out of playing, that's when it starts going pear-shaped. i don't give it long before it causes more problems than it's worth.

in future, this might help you to consider a more reasonable argument.

youre both wrong, try  Path of Exile , free and better then both ;)

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Dont be silly.

Both games will be awesome, and everyone and their dog will buy them... including you ;)

• Don-QuixoteDon-Quixote Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by Eladi

youre both wrong, try  Path of Exile , free and better then both ;)

Thanks for the link :)

Def looks cool, will try it for sure.

And Torchlight II, I find myself really wanting to play it. Common! Give release date already!

D3, meh, not interested at all and after finding out about the AH, even less. Do not fancy a company trolling me and my wallet constantly. Will not miss anything anyway.

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

funny seeing people dis torchlight 2. i am looking forward to that game A LOT more then diablo 3. its good theres an open beta for it otherwise i wouldnt have ever played it. didnt even bother registering to get into the closed beta.

to those who think you will actually make money off the AH... .lol you really dont know anything about how it really works. blizzard will be the one making the cash though. pay 2 win used to be VERY looked down by the older mmo community, now its: yay lets do it, cuz we are all gonna be filthy rich.