Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Beta Guild: MMORPG.COM Community - Join us! (Please Read First Post)

Comments

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Are number allowed when u creat ur name in gw2?

some wont be able to use it, just like me

i guess its will be skatechalif for the beta if we realy need to use mmorpg.com ID,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I promise I will be checking these boards before logging into the beta weekend.  Hope to see a server posted and your vent or teamspeak server so we can join up!

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Originally posted by MikeB

Stickying this! Will try to drop by if I can!

thanks! :D

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

yay! ty!

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by Maephisto
    good luck to you all trying to get this started.  I hope it works out well.  Im just surprised there are this many people without guilds to go into beta with.

As for me, for "real" guilds, I find I almost never enjoy being in ones that feel the need to start up so early and develop a hierarchy or whatever and make plans and such. It makes it feel like the guild is more important than the game. And for some guilds, that span games, that's true and fine. If you like it, I am glad they are there, but I do not. So that's why I won't have a guild to go into beta with.

Though I will be looking into where the roleplayers seem to be going.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

My understanding is that server names are based on locations in GW1.

North American servers are named after locations in Tyria.
    European servers are named after locations in Elona.
    Asian servers (presumably) will be named after locations in Cantha.

This means that Istan, if it exists, is a European server. I haven't actually seen the European server list, and I've only a few of the names of the North American servers.

Anyway, this may be worth considering. Hopefully I'll see you guys on the battlefield. I'll be on Anvil Rock.

Also, friend and guild lists use the user name you created when you registered your pre-purchase code. Using your forum name for your character may be convenient... for those of us without numbers in our names... and for the first character. Posting your global name will be much more useful. Mine is as it is here, with a space instead of the underscore.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• MangaMaidenMangaMaiden Member Posts: 180

Count me in ^^ Though I don't know if I will be using my forum name XD

Oh and now Lion's Arch will be available, we could all meet up there :P

• Artist17Artist17 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Ah. If its an European server then I'll pass. It's too far to have a nice connection. US servers are already far enough. Haha.

Were there ever planned Asian servers? I clearly remember there were only US and European servers. Maybe I was wrong.

Sometimes it sucks to be in this part of the world when it comes to gaming.
    Singapore, a tropical island in South Asia, city structure like Switzerland but situated like Hawaii with the weather of the Amazon. Deadly combo. Haha.
  • DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

My understanding is that server names are based on locations in GW1.

North American servers are named after locations in Tyria.

European servers are named after locations in Elona.

Asian servers (presumably) will be named after locations in Cantha.

This means that Istan, if it exists, is a European server. I haven't actually seen the European server list, and I've only a few of the names of the North American servers.

Anyway, this may be worth considering. Hopefully I'll see you guys on the battlefield. I'll be on Anvil Rock.

Also, friend and guild lists use the user name you created when you registered your pre-purchase code. Using your forum name for your character may be convenient... for those of us without numbers in our names... and for the first character. Posting your global name will be much more useful. Mine is as it is here, with a space instead of the underscore.

GREAT info - thanks!  I'll update the original post shortly to reflect this information.  Thanks Shroom Mage.

Originally posted by Artist17

Totally awesome. I'll be in under the name Artist, or some other variation of it if it's taken up.

I think we should all post our IGN here once we got in to the right server and has created a character.

That way it makes it easier for DeaconX to invite us.

Thank you boss! =]

Deacon or DeaconX is fine lol.  No one likes a boss.  Unless of course, they're a bauss

Thank you kindly!

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

Very nice idea.  It would be most ... interesting to hear the voices of people who post here.

So, is it definitely a European server we're going with?  If so, I'm in ^^ 

Don't fancy running around with my forum name as my char name; I usually pick much more interesting/pleasant looking/decent shounding names for characters.  Since it's only for the beta w/ends, though, I'm sure I'll manage.

Originally posted by jayarte

Very nice idea.  It would be most ... interesting to hear the voices of people who post here.

So, is it definitely a European server we're going with?  If so, I'm in ^^ 

Don't fancy running around with my forum name as my char name; I usually pick much more interesting/pleasant looking/decent shounding names for characters.  Since it's only for the beta w/ends, though, I'm sure I'll manage.

Please check the original post for details from time to time :)

There will be EU / ASIAN / NA servers so unfortunately, the community will be split up between three servers it seems.

I'm hoping to get some good screenshots of as many members of the community here together as possible.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

Yes, I will keep checking back.  Got this thread bookmarked.  Thanks for the idea and for setting things rolling, DeaconX, and thanks also to Star for offering a vent server *hugs all round* I reckon.

btw, I really like both your sigs, DeaconX, the one under your avatar and the one below your posts.  Those are viewpoints I can really relate to ^^

Kk, vent is secured. Deacon, I'll pm you the info either Thursday night or Friday morning, with a few rules.... I'll set you up with moderator privileges too.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Facebook'd!

Tweeted!

We're looking at some other ways to get this event noticed as well. Have fun. :)

• DragnogDragnog Member UncommonPosts: 48

I will be there. Will be interesting.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Dragnog

I will be there. Will be interesting.

I will be joining in if possible as well.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

With bells and whistles.....

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

good luck to you all trying to get this started.  I hope it works out well.  Im just surprised there are this many people without guilds to go into beta with.

EDIT:  Might I suggest a healthy vetting process.  Maybe dependent on peoples posting history. 

I have never ever seen a need to play in beta with a guild.. you need to test things.. or figure out what to do to make your gameplay easier... its way better to join huge zerg beta guilds where ppl are doing the same thing instead of trying to still follow their guilds officers. Also I am guessing most guilds wont have the best showing of their guys to make it worth creating the guild. For me this is perfect for the first BWE.. if I have more guys in next BWE THEN I will make my guild and play with it.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587
    would love to, but aint got the cash to preorder atm so wont get in

We're promoing this at the top of the site now. You should see it on refresh! We'll have a graphic to go with it soon, it's currently just text.

Now I'm going to have to reinstall vent! People need to switch over to Mumble! ;)

Originally posted by ariboersma

EDIT:  Might I suggest a healthy vetting process.  Maybe dependent on peoples posting history. 

I have never ever seen a need to play in beta with a guild.. you need to test things.. or figure out what to do to make your gameplay easier... its way better to join huge zerg beta guilds where ppl are doing the same thing instead of trying to still follow their guilds officers. Also I am guessing most guilds wont have the best showing of their guys to make it worth creating the guild. For me this is perfect for the first BWE.. if I have more guys in next BWE THEN I will make my guild and play with it.

Keep in mind that players can join multiple guilds at a time in Guild Wars 2 (think FFXI linkshells).

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by DeaconX

Originally posted by ariboersma

Originally posted by Pigozz

I agree

We should use our forum names or variations of it so it's less confusing ;)

very good point and since it is just a BWE I think most of us shouldn't complain too much.

I'm down for that if everyone else likes the idea.

Sounds good, I'll be there :)

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

We're promoing this at the top of the site now. You should see it on refresh! We'll have a graphic to go with it soon, it's currently just text.

Now I'm going to have to reinstall vent! People need to switch over to Mumble! ;)

I was thinking about picking up a mumble server, but this one I've had set up for ages because of my old WoW guild D:

plus it was 9 bucks to reactivate it for the month :P

edit: now that this is kinda an official thing, I might bump up the vent capacity to 100. We'll see how Friday goes.

Originally posted by star

I was thinking about picking up a mumble server, but this one I've had set up for ages because of my old WoW guild D:

edit: now that this is kinda an official thing, I might bump up the vent capacity to 100. We'll see how Friday goes.

Do you really think we'll have 100 people?  I mean that would be awesome and ensure a lot of people can get into groups and would make for an even more amazing group screenshot :D

Totally awesome of you guys to get behind this :) thank you kindly.

Originally posted by star

I'm trying to find out if our Mumble server is still available. If so, and capacity becomes an issue, we can have you guys use that. I'll pop back in when I have more info!

This discussion has been closed.