Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Beta Weekend Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A short, but informative, post has cropped up on the Guild Wars 2 site that details a bit of what pre-purchase customers can expect to find in the game when the first beta event rolls out. The post is a reminder of some of the awesome features that players can look into as they take their first baby steps into Guild Wars 2.

Choices, Choices – You’ll create your own personalized charr, human, or norn character and pick from our eight powerful professions. Your choice of race is vital to your personal story, and it determines in which of the huge starting areas you begin as well. A noble human mesmer will have a radically different game experience than a charr engineer in the service of the Iron Legion. Fortunately, you can roll more than one character and sample each starting area for yourself!

Read the full post on the Guild Wars 2 blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

Can't wait :D wooooot!!! Finally going to try my dream game in a week <3

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205

Can't wait. Spent 150$ + Tax on the Physical Collectors! This will be the best. Only thing I wait for other then Beta and Release is for my 10-in Charr Statue! FAWK YEAH!

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230

im curious about reporting bugs/thoughts/opinions to Anet if/when the time comes.  does anyone have an idea as to how that will work?  and im super excited about this!  i have been checking my email/mmorpg/gw2website all day constantly

• samad1samad1 Member Posts: 24

caaaannnnttt waaiiiittt!!!!! xD

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

Originally posted by Jolander

im curious about reporting bugs/thoughts/opinions to Anet if/when the time comes.  does anyone have an idea as to how that will work?  and im super excited about this!  i have been checking my email/mmorpg/gw2website all day constantly

ANET has a beta forum. if youre a beta particiapn, you should have access to the forum. i bekieve it is not accessible right now, but should be up again in a couple of days prior to BWE

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I can't wait to see Lion's Arch! In Guild Wars 1 reaching Lion's Arch used to be a milestone :p But this was before Factions was released. I wonder if the floating wizard's tower is still there at Kessex Peak.

• seraphis79seraphis79 Member UncommonPosts: 312

Anyone know if you get to do the beta weekends if you pre-order from Best Buy?

• KhetnenKhetnen Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by jmsgalla

If you pre-purchase, then yes.

• BecharaBechara Member UncommonPosts: 32

Originally posted by jmsgalla

Check the retailers list for your country.  It's a prepurchase, not pre-order, meaning you have to pay in full.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/retailers

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

When I skimmed over it, I read it as "Beta weekend delayed..." and got sad for a split second. :p

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

7 more days seem to pass slower than the past 5.5 years...

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

gw2 population: 90% charr  10% other  YOU KNOW ITS COMING PEOPLE  YOU NOEEEE!

• TreebyrnTreebyrn Member Posts: 25

Am I the only one here that seems to be sad that we will have to wait a little longer to try out the Asura and Sylvari?

I wonder if Anet is still trying to smooth out things with the Asura and Sylvari or if Anet just wants to funnel us into certain areas in the beggining of the beta weekends?

• galdosgaldos Member Posts: 18

I definitely don't wan't to spoil too much of the class or race i will be playing when it comes out, but it's a hard decision because i want to play everything ^^

• MsengeMsenge Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by Treebyrn

Am I the only one here that seems to be sad that we will have to wait a little longer to try out the Asura and Sylvari?

I wonder if Anet is still trying to smooth out things with the Asura and Sylvari or if Anet just wants to funnel us into certain areas in the beggining of the beta weekends?

I can't speak for the sylvari, but at least with the asura we know they haven't finished the voice work.  Felica Day was in the recording booth a little over a week ago doing her lines for the asura iconic Zojja.  Without Zojja they can't really open the asura area up. 

• galdosgaldos Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Msenge

I can't speak for the sylvari, but at least with the asura we know they haven't finished the voice work.  Felica Day was in the recording booth a little over a week ago doing her lines for the asura iconic Zojja.  Without Zojja they can't really open the asura area up. 

As for the sylvari it seems they're still polishing the starting area

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I've waited for so many years since GW2 was first announced.  It's going to be amazing. :)

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Not sad, per se but a bit disappointed. I would have rather tried a Sylvari 1st. That said, I will try an 'alt' race so I can get an idea of the skills/progression of my (hopefully) preferred class.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Words are too meager to truly express my feelings about this.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Originally posted by Jolander

There is a bug reporter built into the interface, its the little ladybird icon you can see in all the videos.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

I wonder if ArenaNet/NCSoft will give out the numbers of how many people pre-purchased the game? Would be interesting to know.

• YellowbearddYellowbeardd Member UncommonPosts: 83

Ya this world of warcraft expansion looks like a boss.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Originally posted by Yellowbeardd

Ya this world of warcraft expansion looks like a boss.

Dont feed the troll : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Y6R5ppLHA

• CopenhagenCopenhagen Member UncommonPosts: 57

If NCsoft was not the publisher...I might try this one out.   However, I like playing games that NCsofts publishes, about as much as I like Sour Kraut.   (Not very much at all) 

I'm fully aware that Arena Net is the ones that made the game.  And kudos to them for making a great game.   Tell them to get a different publisher and I might give it a go.

• XChaoticGodXXChaoticGodX Member Posts: 2

WOOT!!!!