Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Game Update 1.2 – Legacy Preview

1235»

Comments

• LordEbolaLordEbola Member UncommonPosts: 51

Patch 1.2 , everything here shoulda been included in launch.

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

My two cents without even responding to any of the naysayers is 1.2 offers some good options, yes some of the features may seem to favor rp'rs but to be honest the game was seriously devoid of content for rp'ers to begin with.  warzones,flashpoints, and places to pvp everywhere so nothing wrong with BW giving some love to another underserved part of the population especially since there are also other warzones and flashpoints in this patch too.

Yes could they have used these things at launch? sure but I enjoyed the gae without them and see this as a step in the right direction.

Those of you on here trolling this game isn't GW2 out? shouldn't you be either playing it or posting the great things you discovered in that game?

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Originally posted by Mackeh

MMORPG, IGN, GAMESPOT

Good for

release news and finding out what is in the pipeline of up and coming games. 

Bad for

Any form of review, their opinions are so deluded from what most of us know as reality you would think they were receiving backhanders from publishers.  *cough*

Or maybe they don't hire the jaded vocal minority to write reviews? Maybe they realize that just because you don't love something that doesn't mean you either have to hate it or proclaim it crap simply because it doesn't appeal to them personally?

I mean if they followed your advice they would have to review eighty percet of the games released as not worth anyone playing which does nothing for the industry.  might make you feel better but you aren't the only one they report for.

• I am not a hater and do enjoy playing the game. I started playing with my son but as of a week and a half ago, he has bailed on the game and is bored, even after rolling tons of alts. That being said the update doesn't impress me, I'll still play but will probably need the game to step up to maintain my subscription even semi long term. Someone mentioned early on that if this morg was not star wars that no one would even be playing it, I've gotta say it that's probably true
  • kcypher2000kcypher2000 Member Posts: 116

Its obvious the people who don't play the game.  I am on the republic side and I see plenty of people.  Questing in WoW is more of a ghost town since everyone just waits in capitals to queue for instances and BGs now. 

To be honest I think the majority of SWTOR haters will never be pleased with any game and just like to whine.  Legacy is not about the rpers you morons, its about rewarding people for playing alts.  Thats it.  SWTOR has a story that puts most sp games to shame and no mmo can touch, so why not reward people for playing through multiple times to see the different stories. 

Its not perfect but for a new mmo it got all i expected for a themepark mmo down.  Bugs are rare, it has pvp, pve, combat is smooth, graphics are good enough and i never lag, space combat can be better but beats the hell out of other mmos mini games.  (until pet combat in WoW maybe.)  

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Originally posted by melapibus

I am an expert player, with 30 years MMORPG Experience and I have a Phd. Until they include Darth Vader and Yoda this will game is failing. 

LOL would have been perfect if you included "being able to build turrets".

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I have to say the rollout of the 1.2 patch has exceeded my most optimistic hopes.
  • zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

So the "council of guilds" that was supposed to represent the players basically resulted in a bunch of guild changes/additions?

Gee, that was such a great idea...

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by ktanner3

I love how role players are being completely dismissed by posters here. Did you guys forget what RPG stands for?

While it will be nice to role play a sith pureblood with other classes, it would have been nice to add more races eg: wookies,trandoshian. It's not like it should be hard to do. You don't even have to hire more actors. Wookies always roar and trandoshians always hiss. Just add subtitles on the bottom like they already do in this game when you talk to a non-english speaking species. Problem solved.

Exactly. My characters seem to understand everyone .lol. Characters can speak whatever with subtitles.

Originally posted by Deleted User

I just found the legacy system totally bizarre,  my Sith Sorcerer and Twi-Lek Sentinel are from the same family?! Why? It was the last straw for me.

They can be enemies. Allies even ....but don't have to be blood related. I have and agent(cyborg) that..in a moment of sentimentalism... spared a small Miralian girl from extermination (by himself) and raised her..teaching her many of his skills(adopted child). She grew up.Grew rebellious as most teenagers do at some point (especially against a harsh, unrelenting childhood). After a huge blowout which almost left her dead by her fathers hands, she left out on her own and now primarily works for the republic (among others)smuggling whatever fetches a fair price. (She carries with her..much of her father's demeanor and dark nature).

Taking a break she visited a popular spot for mercs and freelancers..got really wasted drunk and wakes up in bed with another freelancer (chiss-Bounty Hunter) who works primarily for the empire . Both are shocked to find they had been married sometime during the night. . He taught her how to wield dual pistols and they got along for several months of and on but eventually their work schedules and her cruel streak forced them to part ways. A separation of sorts.

The agent ..not happy to have his weakness (adopted daughter) out there working for the enemy...tries to take her in...or take her out. The agent takes her down with a stun grenade..ready for the killshot when a young recruit who is luckily in place to observe the situation..(trooper-cyborg)  ..places an explosive round right through the sniper rifle sight. The explosion shatters the agents skull nearly taking out his right eye and knocking him off a balcony down to the floor. The trooper inches forward to confirm kill and takes a grenade to the face. The agent gets away leaving behind a new enemy (trooper). The Smuggler (adopted daughter) hauls the jigsaw faced , nearly dead trooper to a contact..a black market medic/cybersurgeon (she feels he's safer than going to a pub medic after all the hoopla)..leaves a shit-ton of credits for anything he needs to "fix-em up" .Then she bails.

Long-winded ..I know....but a little imagination is all you need. This story explains 4 of 8 characters in my legacy tree..incuding , not only relationships..but Name choices (Trooper is "Jigs"...short for Jigsaw which is what his sewn together face looks like.) Species...both the trooper and agent are cyborgs due to encountering eachother and both are responsible for each's facial scars.) An agent and bounty hunter trained smuggler combines use of cover and dual wielding choices for story purposes.etc.etc.etc. I have a back-story in my head for every relationship. Took about 10 minutes of daydreaming total.

The game doesn't have to do..or explain everything for you.

• Originally posted by BarCrow

I just found the legacy system totally bizarre,  my Sith Sorcerer and Twi-Lek Sentinel are from the same family?! Why? It was the last straw for me.

They can be enemies. Allies even ....but don't have to be blood related. I have and agent(cyborg) that..in a moment of sentimentalism... spared a small Miralian girl from extermination (by himself) and raised her..teaching her many of his skills(adopted child). She grew up.Grew rebellious as most teenagers do at some point (especially against a harsh, unrelenting childhood). After a huge blowout which almost left her dead by her fathers hands, she left out on her own and now primarily works for the republic (among others)smuggling whatever fetches a fair price. (She carries with her..much of her father's demeanor and dark nature).

Taking a break she visited a popular spot for mercs and freelancers..got really wasted drunk and wakes up in bed with another freelancer (chiss-Bounty Hunter) who works primarily for the empire . Both are shocked to find they had been married sometime during the night. . He taught her how to wield dual pistols and they got along for several months of and on but eventually their work schedules and her cruel streak forced them to part ways. A separation of sorts.

The agent ..not happy to have his weakness (adopted daughter) out there working for the enemy...tries to take her in...or take her out. The agent takes her down with a stun grenade..ready for the killshot when a young recruit who is luckily in place to observe the situation..(trooper-cyborg)  ..places an explosive round right through the sniper rifle sight. The explosion shatters the agents skull nearly taking out his right eye and knocking him off a balcony down to the floor. The trooper inches forward to confirm kill and takes a grenade to the face. The agent gets away leaving behind a new enemy (trooper). The Smuggler (adopted daughter) hauls the jigsaw faced , nearly dead trooper to a contact..a black market medic/cybersurgeon (she feels he's safer than going to a pub medic after all the hoopla)..leaves a shit-ton of credits for anything he needs to "fix-em up" .Then she bails.

Long-winded ..I know....but a little imagination is all you need. This story explains 4 of 8 characters in my legacy tree..incuding , not only relationships..but Name choices (Trooper is "Jigs"...short for Jigsaw which is what his sewn together face looks like.) Species...both the trooper and agent are cyborgs due to encountering eachother and both are responsible for each's facial scars.) An agent and bounty hunter trained smuggler combines use of cover and dual wielding choices for story purposes.etc.etc.etc. I have a back-story in my head for every relationship. Took about 10 minutes of daydreaming total.

i dont have anything as eblorate as yours(which was really good by the way image) but i had fun imagining the different relationships between my characters. even inadverently made my trooper in a relationship with a consular before realizing its the same as satele and jace malcom XD.  gave them a smuggler son. an agent rival for my trooper, knight ally for my consular, BH son for my knight, and inquisitor rival for the knight.

Originally posted by gaou

Originally posted by BarCrow

i dont have anything as eblorate as yours(which was really good by the way image) but i had fun imagining the different relationships between my characters. even inadverently made my trooper in a relationship with a consular before realizing its the same as satele and jace malcom XD.  gave them a smuggler son. an agent rival for my trooper, knight ally for my consular, BH son for my knight, and inquisitor rival for the knight.

It's it's own kind of fun. What's nice is you can change them around if you think of another backstory. No reason to..I understand...mostly for the hell of it. It would be cool if in future content..maybe they throw the image of your enemy into the cinematic. With the quest chain ending in a battle versus a bot version of your enemy character. (of course he'd get away but you'd get some kind of reward..or even a legacy reward at the end). I realize it would have to be a "generic" bad guy story because any class would have to be able to fit into the circumstance but I still think it would be cool. Go even further...you team up with an ally or spouse to complete a quest chain. Your legacy connected character could be a companion style bot. Again...cool if it's possible.

• SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214

Well for me and some of my family that has payed this mmo will say its going to have to do better than this for us to return. I much rather play SWG but alas my other members of my family went back to WOW. SWTOR worst ever pvp worst ever space combat and just ouright poor content.