Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

@ "OMG NO WORLD PVP!?!?"

2»

Comments

• pags411pags411 Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by GamerFun

At least in SWTOR I can PvP without jumping into instance battlegrounds.

Unicorns are real.

I'm just keeping the theme of things that are not true.

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035
    there was open world pvp in daoc..........if you could get past the fronteir keep guards..ha ha

• HivesHives Member UncommonPosts: 203

There's a reason to pvp besides loot and if you played DAOC then you'd understand that. Period! Btw.. Every game you have to log into so it's all instanced........

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

Honest question here.  Not trying to critisize or be antongistic in any way.

I was just about to pre-purchase when I saw this post. I didn't realize there was no world pvp. It's not a gamekiller for me or anything but it's not definitely not a plus in the game's favor.

So there is no world PvP outside of battlegrounds and the W v W v W stuff.  There is no gear progression after lvl cap  so everyone is pretty much running around with the same stuff.  Is there still character progression after the level cap?

I'm just wondering what the endgame is all about after you have gone through the PvE content. Aside from the same battleground/ W v W stuff that you are doing from the beginning of the game.  Like what is going to make me want to keep playing after a month or two?

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

you play swtor and talk about others being "carebear"?

i laughed, thanks.

edit: reply meant for gamerfun

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by Sybnal

I was just about to pre-purchase when I saw this post. I didn't realize there was no world pvp. It's not a gamekiller for me or anything but it's not definitely not a plus in the game's favor.

So there is no world PvP outside of battlegrounds and the W v W v W stuff.  There is no gear progression after lvl cap  so everyone is pretty much running around with the same stuff.  Is there still character progression after the level cap?

I'm just wondering what the endgame is all about after you have gone through the PvE content. Aside from the same battleground/ W v W stuff that you are doing from the beginning of the game.  Like what is going to make me want to keep playing after a month or two?

No factions like other games so there is really no one to pvp against. As far as PvE goes once you are at endgame you can go through all the other races PvE at a lower level using sidekick "Dynamic level Adustment" feature. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

Originally posted by Amjoco

Originally posted by Sybnal

No factions like other games so there is really no one to pvp against. As far as PvE goes once you are at endgame you can go through all the other races PvE at a lower level using sidekick "Dynamic level Adustment" feature. 

Sorry, I was under the mistaken impression that you would be fighting guild vs. guild in some way.  I just started really reading about the game today.

So endgame is basically go play low level content for no reason?  Surprises me actually.  If any other game shipped like that  people would be rabidly cutting it apart.  The hype for this game has spawned some freaky good will in MMO people. It's wierd.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Instead of creating duplicate threads, please use the existing thread you're actually replying to.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.