Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild for full-time jobs and college students (Heroes-of-fate.com)

Comments

• AhmedZakariaAhmedZakaria Member UncommonPosts: 36

bump

• EvereghaloEvereghalo Member Posts: 51
    I have always liked the one word guild names personally. Like onslaught or resiprocity(sp?), awaken, vigilant. Or something that plays off the server name like Sons of X, Eternal Legion of X, Army of X, where x is the shard name.

I've also got about 5 ppl still interested. And I think we should reach out to a division of Aussies, kiwis, and oceanic players. ESP. If WvW is gonna be a focus.

Lastly I am following some serious guilds on gw2guru so I might have a few ideas of final server and beta server ideas.

• xDracxDrac Member UncommonPosts: 201

bump

Web & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Sounds like my guild... forever alone online!

Any people willing to commit their time and effort to get this up and running please write me an email or just add me up on MSN ([email protected] <- MSN/Email)

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I'm a 48, soon to be 49 year old female with a life and gaming partner who is 50.  I'm more the "veteran" gamer than she is, but she did play WoW for 6 years, so she has some experience.  I've, personally, been playing all genres of games since 1995.  My favorites are RPGs, adventures, and MMOs.

Your guild sounds perfect for us too. :)   I really want to be in a guild made up of young to old ADULTS.  I have nothing against children, but I already raised mine and I don't really want to raise someone else's online.  Know what I mean?

Anywhoozle....I only read the first page of posts, so excuse me if I say anything silly about something I should already know. :)  I'm pre-purchasing GW2 on April 10th, I live in Missouri (I think that's the same time zone with Texas, but not sure), and I play mostly during the day and until 10pm or so.  I'm not great at PvP but I have a terrific time in it.  I'm a major explorer, crafter, and semi-roleplayer, as in I'm "in character" most of the time, but not in an obnoxious way. You'll probably just think I'm being myself....I don't do accents or anything.  LOL ;)

I would like the opportunity to be in your guild, but I certainly hope you don't give it a Star Warsy name like "The Empire"....no offense, but GROSS. heh  I'm honestly pretty embarrassed to even admit to playing that game, so....I won't.  "Star Wars The Old Republic?  No, I don't play that."

I could tell you more, but then I'd have to shoot you with my longbow. :)

Looking forward to meeting you, if not joining up with your guild. I hope to do both, actually. :D

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

little bump :P

Anyone else have any name ideas, or know a group of people in the pacific looking for a guild?

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230

I'm all for it.  Has there been an agreement on guild title?  I work and am in school, so this would be the best guild for me, I hope.

• jerome1986jerome1986 Member Posts: 34

Just call the guild " Full-Time Workers-Students"    that way everyone in the game knows what ur guild is about and many more ppl will want to join if they see ur guild tag on players.   they became a human advertising board. 

If u call ur yourself Empire DeathLords guild then u lose ur best selling point and just be lost with the hundreds of other L33t named guilds.

Yea, I'd then not join. You didn't have to use names like that to know who or what guilds were about. Only takes a few mins/days of being social to figure it out. Besides that's who we are not what we are about. That name fails to say if we are pve, pvp, wvw, pvx, casual, semi hardcore, or a hardcore guild. So what is the point?

Did I just feed a troll?

• NemtetNemtet Member UncommonPosts: 2

sounds interesting. i'd like to join you guys (;

• ThandrasThandras Member Posts: 41

Sounds like just my type of guild. I'm on-call Mon-thurs from 4p to 8a EST and will be coaching football (american) beginning in late june at local high school as well. So my playtime will be intermittent and subject to leaving the game with short notice for work when called out. Would that be a problem? If not I would love to join the guild. It's very hard for me to find guilds because of work so you guys sound like a perfect fit for me.

• NickraiderNickraider Member UncommonPosts: 131

Not sure if it was listed but what time zone will this be based on? PST, CST, EST?

My name is Nick and I live in Florida and am a full time worker and most likely college student next spring. So playing only 4-5 hrs days is pretty much all I got.

I've read through the thread and seems like a lot of great people are signing up and I'd like to join in too :D

I have pre-purchased so will be in BETA weekends!

MMOG Game History: (mostly in order)

Runescape, Everquest, DAOC, Planetside, WoW, Guild Wars - These are the main ones, everything else is short time spam -3-4 months at most, 1 week minimums.

EQ2, FFXI, Warhammer, Aion, many many asian grindy mmo's.

Currently playing DAOC until GW2 :D

I love the RvR and hope to feel that "realm pride" or "server pride" in this case in GW2 as I have missed that feeling in DAOC.

I will most likely be spending most of my times in the PvP area of guild wars 2 as a mesmer or necro. These are the two classes that really seem to draw me in. Will know come beta.

I think I have some name suggestions. I think I read somewhere they will have guild tags like in GW1 where it was 2-4 letters in the name of the player.

So here it goes!

Break Time [BT] <--- This is the guild tag

Not Enough Time [NET]

Omni Proc Crew [OPC]

Full Time Migraine [FTM]

EDIT: For more names.

• DrinkingbearDrinkingbear Member Posts: 60

Sounds good to me pal. I pre-purchased it as well. so I 'm ready to play the beta when they release the client. Let me know the status. Me and my brother are in our mid-40's and look forward to playing GW2 with other people of that general range.  I played vanilla WOW and the beta and that was my real intro to mmo's. It was fun while it lasted, but like all things sometimes it , for me, finally jumped the shark. Other intrests include old black-n-white movies,reading,outdoor anything and just relaxin' on the beach. I'm located in mid-Michigan and work is 7-4 est.  m-f so my time is usually at evening and week-ends. Hope to see quite a few ppl in-game and let's get this party started.  Guild name-Proximity well maybe not:)

• NickraiderNickraider Member UncommonPosts: 131

Bump. Is there a site running for this yet?

Guild name ideas:

Dominion

Nemesis

Jaded

Explorers of Tyria

Tyrian Torch

Saga

Saga of Tyria

Domination

Domi Nation

Defenders of Kryta (or Tyria, of course)

Some of these names are kind of generic but at least they're not Star Wars related. LOL  I'll add to the list if I think of more.

I like the ones you had thought of too:

"Fallen"

"Oblivion"

"Revel"

"Meta World Dominance" (yes i thought of that when i saw ron artest change his name lol) (Meta has ONE t)

"The White Cloaks"

"Shinigami"

• AhmedZakariaAhmedZakaria Member UncommonPosts: 36

To everyone who posted, as I have said before, I promise a spot in the guild for anyone that comes to me pre-launch.

So for the people that have been asking "am i a good fit?" YES.

The name currently on top of the list is "Fallen" and our catch phrase is "The Fallen will Rise"

Wesbite is currently in development and should be up for everyone to log into late may-ish.

Oooo I am so sorry.  I already joined a guild called Bad Kitty.  I got the two confused because of the close proximity of the posts.  I apologize.

edit:  I'm also just OLD and losing my mind these days.

Originally posted by AhmedZakaria

To everyone who posted, as I have said before, I promise a spot in the guild for anyone that comes to me pre-launch.

So for the people that have been asking "am i a good fit?" YES.

The name currently on top of the list is "Fallen" and our catch phrase is "The Fallen will Rise"

Wesbite is currently in development and should be up for everyone to log into late may-ish.

I am liking "Fallen," like I said before I have always been a fan of the 1 word guild name.

As for the times, I don't think that there should be any problems with guild times.  If I am not mistaken there is a lot of interest from European, American and Oceanic players so there is hopefully always someone to play with. 

IMO come beta weekend at the end of the month when it all starts we should all get in vent and brainstorm.  I know that I personally like to PvP, PvE and WvW and want/can lead groups into all those endeavors. 

I start law school this fall, so I know it would be a large community such as this one, on a WvW competitive server would be able to help me keep gamming.  So I do not see why this couldnt be a great guild for everyone.

• DeanesDeanes Member Posts: 41

I've recently pre-purchased gw2 and started looking around for a nice guild and I'm definitely interested in this one.

I'm a college student from the netherlands so the amount of time I'll be able to play varies, which seems to fit this guild perfectly.

Not sure I will be able to attend beta but if so I hope to see you in-game!

• jerome1986jerome1986 Member Posts: 34

ye ok i'll join too.  My name suggestion was a bit silly and i prefer to be called something simple like "Fallen" and the catch phrase the fallen will rise, sounds good too.  so see u ingame. im a full-time student too,

• bootlegtaterbootlegtater Member Posts: 4

If you have room for a noob; I would like to join as well. I've always been a console guy but finally built me a gaming cpu and am looking for a good game to get in to. I catch on to things pretty quickly though. I will try not to ask too many stupid questions. Planning on getting this game and world of darkness whenever it's going to release. Probably won't be on a beta weekend anytime soon considering that I'm still currently deployed overseas. Will be back around May time frame though. I'm 27, married, and have a daughter. Will be finishing up my degree in IT when I get back.

I'm sure there is room for everyone interested :) Did you all pre-purchase yet? Like I did?

BWE next week! Yay

• Short2CentsShort2Cents Member Posts: 6

I like "Fallen" but what about something like Desecrated or Desecration?  Even better, how about just "Defile" which webster defines as "To Corrupt the purity or perfection of:"  We certainly hope to do that to our enemies!  If its too short, then "Defilement"

Also, this sounds perfect so count me in!  Im a senior graduating college in June so by the time it comes out I wont be a student anymore and instead will be employed full time (at least thats the plan).  Im US east coast based and played GW from the very first beta.  I pre-purchased GW2 already (within the first 15 min it was open) and would enjoy playing with some people that are around the same age/maturity as me even in the beta next weekend. 

Anyways, see you all next weekend!