Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swearing is now against the code of conduct..?

CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194

I got threatened to be kicked due to be swearing.. And it blocked my message.

Since when was this approveD?

Comments

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194

Also! 

When the game launches, does everyone start out on the island as a level twenty then convert back to a level one?

I think that's kinda annoying.. People will just do that to check out classes now instead of trying themselves ><

• HimemiyaHimemiya Member Posts: 139

At the bottom of the website you'll see Rules Of Conduct.

Minor Infractions

Committing Minor Infractions at MMORPG.com will result in a first warning, followed by temporary bans. If the issue becomes chronic, a permanent ban will be considered.

* For purposes of our rules, we will work under a 3 strikes policy. A first offense results in a warning. A second offence results in a 1 to 14 day ban and a third offence results in a lengthy and possibly permanent ban. Warnings and bans remain active for these purposes for 6 months. Note that severe offenses may receive stronger action, even on first or second offenses.

• Language Policy

• MMORPG.com wishes to create the friendliest atmosphere possible in our forums and on our site. As such, excessive use of strong language will not be tolerated. Ex: The odd "bad word" is fine. A profanity laced rant, on the other hand, is not. Discretion will rest with the moderators.

L2P TERA combat:

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Are you talking about TERA or MMORPG.com?

Originally posted by Himemiya

Minor Infractions

Committing Minor Infractions at MMORPG.com will result in a first warning, followed by temporary bans. If the issue becomes chronic, a permanent ban will be considered.

* For purposes of our rules, we will work under a 3 strikes policy. A first offense results in a warning. A second offence results in a 1 to 14 day ban and a third offence results in a lengthy and possibly permanent ban. Warnings and bans remain active for these purposes for 6 months. Note that severe offenses may receive stronger action, even on first or second offenses.

• Language Policy

• MMORPG.com wishes to create the friendliest atmosphere possible in our forums and on our site. As such, excessive use of strong language will not be tolerated. Ex: The odd "bad word" is fine. A profanity laced rant, on the other hand, is not. Discretion will rest with the moderators.

I'm talking about on TERA :P hence why I posted on this topic

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh

Also! 

When the game launches, does everyone start out on the island as a level twenty then convert back to a level one?

I think that's kinda annoying.. People will just do that to check out classes now instead of trying themselves ><

Yea that's the new intro. Funny, I was thinking the exact opposite, havinng the chance to check a lvl 20 version of a class at the beginning can help people decide what to play. ;)

• HimemiyaHimemiya Member Posts: 139

Originally posted by Himemiya

Minor Infractions

• Language Policy

I'm talking about on TERA :P hence why I posted on this topic

OH! LOL.

I guess the complaints about the channel chats in previous betas were answered in this manner. Zero tolerance, I think.

L2P TERA combat:

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

OP, do you find it hard to speak or type without using an expletive?  May want to think about that.  If it's in their rules, I have no issues with it and wish other games would do the same.  I actually like to hear the subject of a sentence not the vulgar expletives that tend to drown out the point of a conversation.

Originally posted by elocke

OP, do you find it hard to speak or type without using an expletive?  May want to think about that.  If it's in their rules, I have no issues with it and wish other games would do the same.  I actually like to hear the subject of a sentence not the vulgar expletives that tend to drown out the point of a conversation.

No, I'm just not liking the idea of being limited to what I say, I'm paying for the game, I should be allowed to say what I want.

This isn't maple story, it shouldn't have word filters. IMO anyways.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

They have been filtering words sense CB1 I believe, so its nothing new.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

No, I'm just not liking the idea of being limited to what I say, I'm paying for the game, I should be allowed to say what I want.

Why is it ok to filter in Maple Story?

Originally posted by colddog04

because it's a free, 2D pay to win kids game.

Originally posted by colddog04

because it's a free, 2D pay to win kids game.

Yeah, I guess when a game is 3d and you have to pay for it you shouldn't be able to cuss.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

They have a profanity filter ya know i turned it off every beta. and never once got a warning and i tend to swear like a sailor.

Edit: it is probably different if you're cussing out another player tho cause that could be considered harassment...and thats in every video games code of conduct.

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

I'm retired from the US Navy, and I can carry on a conversation without swearing, and never do around people I don't know or may not want to hear that. I f I can do that, anyone can. Now drop and give me 30 for the Navy.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

Originally posted by Odinthedark1

They have a profanity filter ya know i turned it off every beta. and never once got a warning and i tend to swear like a sailor.

They got rid of that :P they now block your message if you swear/

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by Boatsmate

I'm retired from the US Navy, and I can carry on a conversation without swearing, and never do around people I don't know or may not want to hear that. I f I can do that, anyone can. Now drop and give me 30 for the Navy.

Go Navy.

Currently bored with MMO's.

I really don't care if you can talk without swearing :P good for you ^^

All I'm saying is that it's annoying that we're being filtered, it'd be nice to be able to say what I want.

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

Fuckin Aye!

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394

I think people should start watching what they say and how they carry themselves in game.  People nowadays think that just because they are behind a PC that they can act and do whatever they want.  Theres no reason to use foul language....there really isnt.  There are kids and others that do not want to hear that kind of talk in chat and you shouldnt assume that just because its ok with you, everyone should have to deal with it.  

You dont hear people using foul language elsewhere (for the most part, unless they have no manners)....why should it be any different in game?

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

All I'm saying is that it's annoying that we're being filtered, it'd be nice to be able to say what I want.

dont swear and you wont get filtered..i have played lotro for 5 yrs on laurelin and the community is the best i have ever seen in an mmo.no swearing at all.anyways,why do you feel the need to swear.other thing is when swearing was it at someone or just in general..would like to know m8..it does seem a tad harsh,but if its their rules then so be it.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I'm just fine with them blocking cursing from their game. Even though you, OP, might throw one or two around occasionally, you KNOW there are those teenies who are dying to log in and just ramble off every one of them as fast as they can and as much as they can. This improves the community, i feel.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

I'm shocked so many people are into censorship.

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159

what ive always went by if you cant say it infront of your grandma you souldnt say it infront of anyone else its nonsense to cuss all the time there a better way of handling things but f this and f that

Originally posted by kevjards

dont swear and you wont get filtered..i have played lotro for 5 yrs on laurelin and the community is the best i have ever seen in an mmo.no swearing at all.anyways,why do you feel the need to swear.other thing is when swearing was it at someone or just in general..would like to know m8..it does seem a tad harsh,but if its their rules then so be it.

I don't swear, I'd just like to have the option to, freedom of speech 'n all.

Originally posted by stromp45

what ive always went by if you cant say it infront of your grandma you souldnt say it infront of anyone else its nonsense to cuss all the time there a better way of handling things but f this and f that

You're 42, Those traditions aren't as pushed on children these days sadly.