Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A big supporter of SWTOR says goodbye

Comments

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Vorthanion

I'm sorry, but exactly how many MMOs out there are difficult sub level 25?  Even the most hardcore games out there tend to take it pretty easy on you the first couple dozen of levels.  Even Vanguard does this.  Once you get a toon into his 30's, the difficulty of combat gets harder exponentially.

Rubbish,Vanguard does it way before level 30,infact it does it by the time you reach level 10-15.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by Tayah

Originally posted by eddieg50

I'm sorry, but exactly how many MMOs out there are difficult sub level 25?  Even the most hardcore games out there tend to take it pretty easy on you the first couple dozen of levels.  Even Vanguard does this.  Once you get a toon into his 30's, the difficulty of combat gets harder exponentially.

Vanguard is still pretty tough in the early levels and although i have not played AOC in awhile I remember that had somewhat difficult battles, Ryzom can be tough, Fallen earth can be tough if you stray into the wrong area,   I love the fact that Vanguard did not go to the super easy mode and I hope that when it goes F2P it will not fall victim to the "popular" thing to do.   Tera has a mixture of the tough and easy.    So shame on you eq2, wow, Lotro, and swtor for catering to the Lazy by going on super easy mode

Ugh yes, Ryzom was tough, mobs would chase you until they died, you couldn't outrun them. I remember dying a whole day, was about 6 or 7 hours trying to make it through a zone of mobs to be able to get from I think the fyros to the matis area(the color coding on mobs was so frustrating, you didn't know what was agressiver or passive). Finally, had some guildies come over and help us through it, still took another 2 hours, lol.

Harvesting was scary, you would be there doing your harvesting thing and all of a sudden 5 mobs would attack you, you really had to be on your toes playing Ryzom

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Originally posted by Arkinia

I actually made it to 50 with my SIth Sorc on a normally above averager server pop. I loved doing Heroics and was able to do so on the first two or three planets, after that, not one, I mean not one. I wound up trying to do 2 Man Heroics solo. To me, the biggest problem was not being able to group past level 25 or so, not the ease of the leveling but the emptiness and linearity of the game. Other than the occasional Datacron hunt, there was very little enjoyment trying to create a new alt after the Legacy. How many times am I going to do the same quests without gauging my eyes out. Great solo game, very little group interaction, no replayability.... so sad, what potential this game had.

Yep, on servers with lower populations trying to do heroics on the higher level planets is a joke. Extremely difficult to get a group together. Their paltry grouping  mechanics are simply awful in this game and  they went so far overboard on servers it is a real pain for some.

Course you have the douchebags that will come along and say the lfg mechanics work fine and they have no problem grouping whatsoever or that it must be you. Because in their swiss cheesed brains they think every server plays out and has the same population numbers as the one they currently play on does.

They should be along shortly I would imagine.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

I have nothing to say except that I absolutely adore your profile pic Tayah :D

Please, would you be so kind and send me a pm with that gif? :)

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277
    By 30 you will not be killing anything at level with 2 swings. The higher level pve and fps are among the hardest in the industry (but not for all classes - some solo better than others)..
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Fennris

By 30 you will not be killing anything at level with 2 swings. The higher level pve and fps are among the hardest in the industry (but not for all classes - some solo better than others)..

I'd like to see the vids of these so called "2 swipe and win" claims. I've been playing the game since launch and the only NPCs ive whipped with a couple of swipes was npcs labeled WEAK. And I'm someone that always keeps his character and companions geared up to level. It gets even harder at the higher levels and I even recently had to call in for help from a guildie to defeat an elite on Voss that hits for like 4k every time he zaps you with lightning.  So I'm calling B.S on that easy mode claim.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Originally posted by ktanner3

I'd like to see the vids of these so called "2 swipe and win" claims. I've been playing the game since launch and the only NPCs ive whipped with a couple of swipes was npcs labeled WEAK. And I'm someone that always keeps his character and companions geared up to level. It gets even harder at the higher levels and I even recently had to call in for help from a guildie to defeat an elite on Voss that hits for like 4k every time he zaps you with lightning.  So I'm calling B.S on that easy mode claim.

Yeah I'm going to have to go with ktanner on this one. Maybe on the starter worlds (Tython, Nal Hutta) but after that if you are close to level of the mobs you can get in deep pretty fast. Exception may be soloing with Merc/Commando as they can heal/dps and use companion solo through 2+ Heroics fairly stress free.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by ignore_me

Yeah I'm going to have to go with ktanner on this one. Maybe on the starter worlds (Tython, Nal Hutta) but after that if you are close to level of the mobs you can get in deep pretty fast. Exception may be soloing with Merc/Commando as they can heal/dps and use companion solo through 2+ Heroics fairly stress free.

That's until interrupt is required against elites, oh why does merc/commando still lack an interrupt.

Solo'ing the game is better done as an immortal juggernaut anyways, you basically just don't die if you're geared.

Originally posted by sookster54

Originally posted by ignore_me

That's until interrupt is required against elites, oh why does merc/commando still lack an interrupt.

Solo'ing the game is better done as an immortal juggernaut anyways, you basically just don't die if you're geared.

See for me playing as a Merc is easier. Maybe it's just my style of play, but I find myself sweatng it a lot less with my Merc than with my Jugg. A Jugg has very little long range abilites, so he always has to be right in front of the enemy. The higher level elites have constant toss abilities that throw you away from them.  Plus the only heal I have is a stim and my companion Quin.

With the Merc, I can stand there and cap away. Plus I have two heals to go along with my stim and my companion. Plus, Merc DOES have an interupt. It's the shock ability where you zap them and they wiggle for a few seconds.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Vanguard is still pretty tough in the early levels and although i have not played AOC in awhile I remember that had somewhat difficult battles, Ryzom can be tough, Fallen earth can be tough if you stray into the wrong area,   I love the fact that Vanguard did not go to the super easy mode and I hope that when it goes F2P it will not fall victim to the "popular" thing to do.   Tera has a mixture of the tough and easy.    So shame on you eq2, wow, Lotro, and swtor for catering to the Lazy by going on super easy mode

The lazy, huh?  Have fun in your niche games, with your hardcore badass nerds, wondering why it's so hard to find groups, while we lazy gits have tons of fun in our much more popular lazy games, hahaha.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

It seems the longer I wait the more "I told you so's" I'm handing out. 

I hate being that guy, except today :).

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Ayupan23Ayupan23 Member Posts: 47

Will EMU out live both the NGE, And SWTOR?

• BoognisheBoognishe Member Posts: 83

Game was really fun, but once I got a few characters to end game, I realized, I don't want this end game anymore.  I'd like something different.

Sup Guild Wars 2.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Ugh yes, Ryzom was tough, mobs would chase you until they died, you couldn't outrun them. I remember dying a whole day, was about 6 or 7 hours trying to make it through a zone of mobs to be able to get from I think the fyros to the matis area(the color coding on mobs was so frustrating, you didn't know what was agressiver or passive). Finally, had some guildies come over and help us through it, still took another 2 hours, lol.

Harvesting was scary, you would be there doing your harvesting thing and all of a sudden 5 mobs would attack you, you really had to be on your toes playing Ryzom

So, out of the hundreds of MMOs out there, AAA and F2P, you have what 3 to 8 that would be deemed hardcore, kick you in the face when you're down games?  Not only are they small in number, but they seem rather small in player base as well.  Shouldn't that be telling you something about your beloved play style and why it gets so little love from developers across the board?

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

It seems the longer I wait the more "I told you so's" I'm handing out. 

I hate being that guy, except today :).

But when are gamers going to figure out the warning signs on the next game before purchase? How many times does the gaming community have to be suckered before we say, "NO! NO MORE!" so we can get better games produced?

Maybe that was just a dream I had once. image

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Ayupan23

Will EMU out live both the NGE, And SWTOR?

Yep. By far.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

I am also a long-time supporter of this game. I still enjoy it a lot, but I just recently started a new alt and I have to say that Bioware definitely did change some things in the early game. It IS much easier to kill things now at low level. I did not notice a difference on my high level characters, but the difference in early game was very noticeable to me. I was able to absolutely breeze through areas that I remembered giving me difficulties during beta and early after release...

Honestly though, I don't see this as a problem. Bioware has just made it easier to speed through the early part of the game. After doing each of the starter worlds several times already, I actually appreciate being able to speed through that content and get to the more interesting parts of the game.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

SWTOR is easy-mode but VG's poor game design and lack of things like alchemy and herbalism is what makes it hard and have you played or watched anyone play VG recently? Youll remember why you stopped playing if you do.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I have always been a big supporter or swtor on these forums but now it is time to cancel and this is why.

I started out on a heavy to full server and as a casual player got my Sith character up to lvl 25, I quit for a month to play ME3 and when i came back to swtor it was a very, very light server and there was no way to transfer.  OK I said let me try a bounty hunter on a very heavy server (fat man), as usual I enjoyed the quests, voice overs etc but something was wrong I could not put my finger on it, anyway I decided to play a jedi counselor in the same server and knew right away what was wrong.  SWTOR had taken the WOW, EQ2, LOTRO route and made combat to easy or the super easy mode as it is called, one swing of my light saber took 3/4 of the life off a mob and I was not even a Jedi knight! Now combat in swtor has never been super hard but i did die several times especially against bosses and somewhere along the line they made it super easy and that just kills the game for me.   I was able to forgive a lack luster crafting game, a play by numbers PvP , a space game that was not as good as jump to light speed as long as the combat was decent.        I cant even get my 30 days free even though i started from day 1 cause i dont have a character to 50 or several characters in the 40's. So even though I am spending $15 a month EA says tough luck.

Dont get me wrong I still love the Story, voice overs, cut scenes , companions but the super easy combat has taken me out of the game.   The funny thing is a game with poor quests has I think won me over, that is right Like an old Junk Yard dog with fleas that grows on you Tera has got me. I just love the combat and I play to just play the main quest line and ignore most of the side quests.   I also am looking forward to Vanguard F2P and of course Guild Wars 2,   but goodbye swtor , if you happen to give character transfers for free or merge let me know and I will consider rejoining if you tweak the combat a bit toward the harder side. I fell very sad, For the first time since Shadowbane I thought I found my MMO and it was not to be.

Hmmm. So let me get this straight... you played til about 25, left, came back and prolly got in the 20's or so and quit again cause the combat is too easy? Dod you ever have a character over 30? Just wondering. 

You have to understand that a group of three mobs in this game is the equivilent of one mob in another game. They did this on purpose. It was so that the battles would feel a little more epic, and you wouldn't just feel like an advanced bounty hunter, trooper , Jedi, etc beeating the shit outta one poor peon. So when you blast one of three mobs that come at you and do a lot of damage, it's because you still have two more to fight. This gets proressively harder as you level. 

Sorry to see you go, especially if you haven't had a character past 25. Also, I must say... if you think the combat is too easy in TOR, how the hell are you gonna play Tera? I have played every beta of Tera and while I think that the combat is fun, let's not fool ourselves into thinking it's really that difficult. I thought it would be, cause you have to aim and whatnot. But it turns out, it's not. You just aim and click like a crazy person. Granted, if you want to jass it up, dive and what have you, you can, but with most mobs, as you're refering to normal mobs in TOR, you can really just stand there and click the same button until they die. My 4 y/o son was actually really good at it... ROFL. 

Originally posted by Anubisan

I am also a long-time supporter of this game. I still enjoy it a lot, but I just recently started a new alt and I have to say that Bioware definitely did change some things in the early game. It IS much easier to kill things now at low level. I did not notice a difference on my high level characters, but the difference in early game was very noticeable to me. I was able to absolutely breeze through areas that I remembered giving me difficulties during beta and early after release...

Honestly though, I don't see this as a problem. Bioware has just made it easier to speed through the early part of the game. After doing each of the starter worlds several times already, I actually appreciate being able to speed through that content and get to the more interesting parts of the game.

I agree. but I will have to say that it's always going to be easier going back and doing what you've already done. When you first play it, the game is fresh and new and you don't have your playstyle down pat yet.Once you've leveld up a main and go back with an alt, it's always easier because you're used to how the mobs work and you're more familiar with the game. I have three characters that started on Koriban and it was easier every time I did it and that was all before patch 1.2.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

I would agree that is was waaaay to easy.

Eve online combat is easy but you need to LEARN ALOT of things to make it easy.

Vangaurd combat is easy but you have to LEARN your class before its easy.

SWTOR is just plain easy. I just randomly did my class tree without any research and i rofl stomped everything even bosses, with the exception of the last boss fight which i died once. So from level 1-50 i had to learn A SINGLE FIGHT before i could beat it.

Unacceptable to me.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

Originally posted by Nethermancer

SWTOR is just plain easy. I just randomly did my class tree without any research and i rofl stomped everything even bosses, with the exception of the last boss fight which i died once. So from level 1-50 i had to learn A SINGLE FIGHT before i could beat it.

Unacceptable to me.

Yeah and I'm sure you have a bridge to nowhere to sell me to go along with that long line of BS you just spewed.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Unacceptable to me.

Yeah and I'm sure you have a bridge to nowhere to sell me to go along with that long line of BS you just spewed.

Me and my friends pretty much 1-shotted every instance before 50.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by colddog04

Unacceptable to me.

SWTOR has lots of problems and i always speak up about it but this is just pure nonsense.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Originally posted by colddog04

Unacceptable to me.

SWTOR has lots of problems and i always speak up about it but this is just pure nonsense.

Not for us it wasn't.