Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: The Rakghoul Pandemic

2»

Comments

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

Originally posted by Nevulus

Originally posted by Zarriya

IMO this should not have been posted as an article, this is not innovative, it has been done in WOW before. See here: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/22/wrath-of-the-lich-king-zombie-plague-covering-azeroth/

MMORPG.com seems to give this game more attention than it deserves.

I did not know being "innovative" was a requirement to qualify as an article on MMORPG.com

LOL, good point, I guess there would be a lot fewer articles if that were the case!

• kcypher2000kcypher2000 Member Posts: 116

Originally posted by mjas512

thay want to fix the game first before thay do stuff like this and the game is still broken 

How is the game broken exactly?  I have played every major mmo out there and next to LOTRO SWTOR has had the best launch.  Bugs are minor at best and game is very complete. 

Oh nevermind you are just a troll who probably hates games you never played. 

• kcypher2000kcypher2000 Member Posts: 116

Originally posted by DJJazzy

I like these types of events they put in games. I hope they keep it up.

I agree,  I have had a lot of fun with this event so far.   People who whine about it are the perfect example of gamers who complain about everything.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495

While I would not classify it as broken, many of the SWTOR bosses bug out causing wipes or resets. (in fact, certain boss encounters bug about half the time in hard or nightmare modes)  Since some of this has been in since beta, it would be nice for BioWare to possibly fix them. 

I've pretty much given up and had canceled 6 weeks back for my 3 month sub. So I'm coasting on the free 30 days they gave to try to stave off an exodus. 

• MixxathonMixxathon Member UncommonPosts: 28

Great event BW! I see good things in the future of this game wich I enjoy at least as much as the fantastic LOTRO.

Even if the contagious-theme have been used by others in the past, it is still a very nice idea, and nothing beats blowing up Rep scum in Huttball :)

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by Xerith

Originally posted by ignore_me

It amazes me, but there are threads on official forums complaining about the virus and asking to have the event taken down. Really people?

People will complain about anything. Give a person a sack of gold and he will complain how heavy it is. 

You should have seen the WoW forums during the pre lich king event.  The sad part is...it worked.  They took the event down a week or so ahead of planned.  Auction House nps were constantly infected and killed, along with nearly every quest giver in the game at all times during the time of the event, rendering the questing portion of the game completely unplayable.

A lot of people didn't like it.  I didn't mind too much myself as i though it was interesting, but i can understand the frustration as i saw it everywhere.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

So far I'm more then happy developing my ful set of alts, enjoying incredible questing, environments, .... :-) Few months ago I could not immagine any game could surpass for me wow.

• lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229

IMO this should not have been posted as an article, this is not innovative, it has been done in WOW before. See here: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/22/wrath-of-the-lich-king-zombie-plague-covering-azeroth/

Night of the Living Dead , screenwrite should get all the credit.....Dawn of the Dead 1978 is my favorite but the later ones have their merits as well.....

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by Skymourne

Originally posted by Xerith

Originally posted by ignore_me

It amazes me, but there are threads on official forums complaining about the virus and asking to have the event taken down. Really people?

People will complain about anything. Give a person a sack of gold and he will complain how heavy it is. 

You should have seen the WoW forums during the pre lich king event.  The sad part is...it worked.  They took the event down a week or so ahead of planned.  Auction House nps were constantly infected and killed, along with nearly every quest giver in the game at all times during the time of the event, rendering the questing portion of the game completely unplayable.

A lot of people didn't like it.  I didn't mind too much myself as i though it was interesting, but i can understand the frustration as i saw it everywhere.

I made so much money during that event its borderline ridiculous

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415
    Everquest 2 did it before WoW, there is nothing new under the sun.
  • CandombleCandomble Member UncommonPosts: 164

You to, I guess...