Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Beta Guild: MMORPG.COM Community - Join us! (Please Read First Post)

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

You can now contact the following people on Maguuma for an invite to the guild in game:

Deaconx

Gargaran

Tarlox Rotgrim

Aandolas

Maskedweasel

Zahariya Assad

EU guild is up under Mmorpg (MMO)

For invite pm Vixen Valentine,

Yukora The Abyssal

Coroder

Immo

StubbyGB

MMORPG.com Community Meet Up

April 27th-29th Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend

Join Us!  You can ensure access to the beta by pre-purchasing here: https://buy.guildwars2.com/

1. Create your character on the US or EU server (see below)

2. Enjoy some Guild Wars 2

3. Friday evening, check THIS POST again so you will know who to contact for an invite into the MMORPG.COM GW2 guild!

SERVERS

US SERVER: MAGUUMA

Contact Deaconx or Zahariya Assad (star) for invite to the guild in game.

EU SERVER: ISTAN

Contact Vixen Valentine (MangaMaiden) for invite to the guild in game.

VOICE CHAT

Ventrilo Information from community member Star

Ensure you have Ventrilo installed.  Download it here for free:

Vent Information:

deliciouslytrashy.darkstarvent.com

There's no password for now, but if I feel it needs one, I'll slap one on and we'll communicate what it is via gchat in game.

RULES

You must login with your MMORPG.com username, or put it in your comment. I will ban people who do not follow this convention.

Do not bother people in the LoL/Ranked channels. They might pop up into the GW2 channel, but please leave them be.

Be nice - trash talking is totally k, but there is a line. I (or one of the other admins) will ban you faster than you can imagine if you're an asshat. We're nice people, but none of us are a fan of people disrupting our, or other peoples, fun.

Feel free to use this vent in the upcoming week, it probably won't be that crowded as everyone who normally used it isn't aware that it's back up. Don't be surprised, however, if someone politely asks you to leave or if your channel gets invaded. The regulars will get priority for slots - sorry D:

GUILD [MMORPG.COM or MMORPGCOM]

I will be setting up a ‘beta guild’ for us on the NA server.

Others will be setting up a guild on the EU/Asian servers.  If you would like to volunteer to set up the guild on the EU / Asian server, please let me know.

MMORPG.com Official Guild Wars 2 Guild http://www.mmorpg.com/guilds.cfm/guild/3149

If you would like me to add you to the members list, please post either your future GW2 character name or if you'd like to be added using your forum handle.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• BoognisheBoognishe Member Posts: 83

[Mod Edit] it's a good idea.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

You'll need to pick a server beforehand to roll your characters on. Everyone will need the same home server for WvW.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by Volkon

You'll need to pick a server beforehand to roll your characters on. Everyone will need the same home server for WvW.

That's going to be the main issue, since we have no idea what the servers will be called. Furthermore once you pick a server you can't change in the beta (so you're stuck).

Best idea would probably to pick something like '3rd one down in alphabetical order, or something like that. As population could potentially fluctuate depending on time of day.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

eh.. I wont be WvWing so prolly not but if we agree on a server ill roll there :) I want to focus on PVE, learning the prof and hopefully some puzzles!

• Artist17Artist17 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    This sounds like a great idea but I'll need to roll in an US server at least. Cuz I'm in faraway Singapore and the nearer server is the US one.

I'm extremely excited for WvW though it may not be available in the first BWE though. Hee.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

mm...I'll do it.. however, even if we post our names here, it will be tough to find everyone with different starting areas and such.. even if we get on the same server...

If there was a guild however.... 

Originally posted by maskedweasel

mm...I'll do it.. however, even if we post our names here, it will be tough to find everyone with different starting areas and such.. even if we get on the same server...

VERY good point :)

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Once we decide on HOW to decide on a server, I'll try and form a guild in game ASAP, will post the info in the original post and will check back to see if anyone drops character names I should invite :)

Any suggestions for the beta guild name?  No offense to this site but I'm thinking we need something other than MMORPG.COM!

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

Hmm... guild name could be either Pay2Win, or cat shop...

Originally posted by aesperus

totally CAT shop =P

Originally posted by ariboersma

Originally posted by aesperus

totally CAT shop =P

Agreed! Guild tag: [CAT] ?

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

I would love to join up with some of you. How about a guild name of "Fanbois and white knights"

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

I like the idea, once we have a server list lets coordinate a bit better.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

This would just be wierd.

What if I found out a 13 year old has been consitently out-arguing me?

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    A thousand times yes!

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I must admit this is the first thing I've seen that makes me wish I did pre order to get in the beta.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

I must admit this is the first thing I've seen that makes me wish I did pre order to get in the beta.

You still can, can't you?

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

well my name on the game will be Aezano or something to do with the nordics Legend :P

See you on the battlefield my friends

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by colddog04

I would imagine so. Probably would but I'm going to be busy this weekend anyways so wouldn't be able to play much. May have to consider this though for the next round if it works out for you guys, Should post how it goes. Would be interested to read about some of your adventures together. Be a nice change of pace around here really.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• makkaalmakkaal Member Posts: 48

And from his avatar, you can deduct his age... how? ^_^

Sounds interesting. Depending on what server you're all on (EU here), I might look you guys up.

Let me point out that, in fact, I couldn't care less about these first world problems. I'm just having fun.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I would imagine so. Probably would but I'm going to be busy this weekend anyways so wouldn't be able to play much. May have to consider this though for the next round if it works out for you guys, Should post how it goes. Would be interested to read about some of your adventures together. Be a nice change of pace around here really.

Beta is not this weekend - it's next weekend :) hope you can make it.

Good to see such a positive response.  Will definitely try to make this happen :D

Originally posted by makkaal

And from his avatar, you can deduct his age... how? ^_^

Sounds interesting. Depending on what server you're all on (EU here), I might look you guys up.

Oh, I don't know why, but I automatically thought we would have vent (or some form of it). I'm jsut so used to it at this point I can't imagine playing without it.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Im in! Perhaps we should pick several servers, to at least coordinate other like MMORPGers around the world. I will be on the US server too.  PvE focused but open to try PvP (would be first time).

Could also use this thread for out of game communication, annoucing servers, names (name changes as minds tend to do that), etc.

Plus if we know each other names, we should be able to chat (hopefully not bound to zones) and agree in-game meet points.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

I'm in, I aslo have some guildies and friends that will be playing. Not sure about names yet but looking forward to the beta.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Will I lose my character after each BWE like TERA?

This discussion has been closed.