Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: First Beta Weekend: April 27-29

Comments

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

no im beeig honest. Neverless i will probably still buy it. But only when the game officially launches.

It doesnt make sense to you? well its a board and your free to write your opinions.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

ANET! Y U NO BETA DiS WEEK?!?!

This is not a game.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Originally posted by MisterSr

WHY? Why? Really just . . . why? The weekend before finals. Sad days.

Yup... I can relate.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• DeemolitionDeemolition Member Posts: 1
    Stock up on energy drinks and cheetos!
  • fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

Lucky for me, I'm done exams on the 27th!

I feel for you, I'd be sooo bummed if I had to study instead of play.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

See you in Divinity's Reach guys...

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Now if only I could buy it...

/sigh...

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

Originally posted by makii

okay let me phrase this again: I do not care!

Oh thank heavens that I know this now. I was about halfway through a letter to my mom about how I didn't know if Makii cared or not.  It was like living in a virtual purgatory of not knowing. I have a pile of daisy petals at my feet trying to deduce if Makii cares or Makii doesn't care. The batteries went dead in my magic 8 ball from asking that very question. I can now stop payment on the cheques I had given to psychics to deduce the answer. I can now move on to less important questions like the meaning of life. Thank you.

Now I shall once again return to my excitement about playing in the beta!!!

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by fundayz

Lucky for me, I'm done exams on the 27th!

I feel for you, I'd be sooo bummed if I had to study instead of play.

Last year I had 4 final exams and a paper due around this time.  This year, I have two finals, possibly only 1, and I have quite a bit of room to breathe in terms of the score I need to get the grade I want.  I'm still planning on devoting a large chunk of time next weekend to playing GW2, but this weekend would have been better.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Woot, I've preordered (purchased, whatever) can't wait :D

imageimage

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

my only question is since we can livestream, does that mean that the nda is down in any way for this? i've got a bunch of friends who'd like to know how it is, and i'd like to be able to tell them.

• Bicknell55Bicknell55 Member UncommonPosts: 73

WOW!!   1st time on this site I've seen so many +++++++++++  (plus+ plus) very favorable posts!!  Yay! almost a 1st! 

Bick

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by atticusbc
    my only question is since we can livestream, does that mean that the nda is down in any way for this? i've got a bunch of friends who'd like to know how it is, and i'd like to be able to tell them.

NDA is down

I'll quote an earlier post in this thread

Originally posted by DeaconX
    Mssg ? Mssg91
    @GuildWars2 Hey guys! are we allowed to stream and record videos for youtube from upcomming beta weekend? Guild Wars 2 ? GuildWars2

@mssg91 The Beta Weekend Events are not under NDA, so the answer is yes. ^RB

Nice :)

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131

OMG IS THIS OPEN TO EVERYONE????

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by anthonypena

OMG IS THIS OPEN TO EVERYONE????

Straight off the Guild Wars 2 Twitter: Good news!First Beta Weekend Event will be from April 27-29. We will let you know once the client is ready for download. We'll have a blog post with details about what and when you can play later today or tomorrow. If you haven't already: pre-purchase to participate!

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

woot! can't wait! see ya'll in the Mists! Can't wait to kill me some enemy players! :-D

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ok someone has to explain me this.

Amazon.de lists GW2 for € 49,- and GW2 with beta for € 75,-

I mean... robbery? WTF. Sorry but I have no tolerance for beta access paid for 26 Euro.

And wth is a pre-purchase? I know pre-order, but pre-purchase? Is that pre-pre-order? Can I cancel it? Does it cost more? Damn I wish the companies would stop always inventing new methods and new ordering scams like having 147 different boxes to order. >.<

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

so MMORPG.com... when will you have a GW2 beta key giveaway? ;)

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by Elikal

I mean... robbery? WTF. Sorry but I have no tolerance for beta access paid for 26 Euro.

And wth is a pre-purchase? I know pre-order, but pre-purchase? Is that pre-pre-order? Can I cancel it? Does it cost more? Damn I wish the companies would stop always inventing new methods and new ordering scams like having 147 different boxes to order. >.<

To be safer, you can buy the game from the website. It costs the full box price to "pre-purchase". You can probably cancel but, I'm not sure how easy of a process it is. Buying any of the different options from the guild wars 2 website will get you into the beta.

This is not a game.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

CANT WAIT  >_<

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Zeroxin

To be safer, you can buy the game from the website. It costs the full box price to "pre-purchase". You can probably cancel but, I'm not sure how easy of a process it is. Buying any of the different options from the guild wars 2 website will get you into the beta.

Hm, ok a few issues tho.

Why does the GW2 website sell the normal game for 54 Euro but Amazon for 49,-?

And if I order it from the GW2 website, I have to pay additional delivery, at Amazon I am VIP customer and pay no delivery, only the box. Also, does ANet then sent it to me from overseas = extra cost + extra long delivery?

So far I wasn't a friend of download only. Dunno why, but it sits wrong with me with big/expensive stuff. I buy cheap stuff via download, but a MMO I plan to play a longer time I want as a box + DVD, usually.

Hm, so many questions.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• KovenantKovenant Member Posts: 7

Nice 

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

And if I order it from the GW2 website, I have to pay additional delivery, at Amazon I am VIP customer and pay no delivery, only the box. Also, does ANet then sent it to me from overseas = extra cost + extra long delivery?

Ordering from the gW2 site gets you a digital copy, a download, so there would be no shipping fees.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

This will be the first real test to this games salt. General public are the hardest critics and tend to find the flaws in game play and mechanics very fast. I am looking foward to seeing what the masses say.  I took the gamble and my wife and I will be playing and I know I wont be pulling any punches. The GW fanboys will love or hate me come April 30th.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

This will be the first real test to this games salt. General public are the hardest critics and tend to find the flaws in game play and mechanics very fast. I am looking foward to seeing what the masses say.  I took the gamble and my wife and I will be playing and I know I wont be pulling any punches. The GW fanboys will love or hate me come April 30th.

The surprising thing is Anet wants us to criticise their game so that they can make it even better than what they imagined. There are some things that just cannot be tested until it goes live (this beta test may as well be a live day1 test for public)

I have seen so many people post ignorant comments and can't wait to counter-argue with solid information instead of hearsay, logic  and youtube videos XD.

Perhaps we should compile a list of things we should check out during the weekend?

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?