Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some parts restricted during upcoming beta (27-29)?

nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Do we have full access to the game during beta time? I mean, is some content restricted?

Comments

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by nomss

Do we have full access to the game during beta time? I mean, is some content restricted?

they said they were gonna keep some stuff a secret till release.

I'd say high lvl content, the asura and sylvari, and their starting zones are restricted

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• dracopiedracopie Member Posts: 51

Yes, there will be restricted content.

If they follow previous trends, pve will only go up to lvl 30, and asura/sylvari won't be playable.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by nomss

It's looking like both the Asura and the Sylvari will still be restricted.  Probably a level 30 limit on content too.  Basically, just like the last press beta.

EDIT:  ^^ Just in case the previous two posters weren't clear enough. ;)  ^^

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Most likely there will be some content restrictions, like in the last beta (up to level 30, no asura or silvary chars or areas), either because they're not ready yet, or just they're ready and don't want to give them away.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

They said they are writing a blog right now, and it will be up soon with all the details.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I dont like how they are keeping the asura and sylvari out of the Betas... I think thats going to create a "flavor of the month" syndrom at release. Lots of ppl rolling the same race because its not anything they have seen in videos or playing betas.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

I got this feeling in my gut that they are gonna leave the cash shop out of the BWE too, because they have said that even after this next beta, the previous BETA's are still under NDA, so appart from what they shown already in the previous beta thats the only real thing they can keep covered for a while longer.

food for thought

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• nezbelnezbel Member UncommonPosts: 47

Originally posted by WellzyC

I dont like how they are keeping the asura and sylvari out of the Betas... I think thats going to create a "flavor of the month" syndrom at release. Lots of ppl rolling the same race because its not anything they have seen in videos or playing betas.

I'm quite certain the reason that Asura and Sylvari are not in the Beta so far is because their areas have not yet been completed. They will put them in for testing when those areas are fleshed out more. Of course that also means either the game might be further off from release than we might think, depending on how complete they and how complete they want to make sure those zones are before release. There is also the worry that those zones won't be as fleshed out as the other by release. We'll just have to wait and see.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by WellzyC

I think that could go both ways, there is comfort in the familiar :)

A lot of people have decided already on race/profession, there's enough info already out there to begin making an informed choice.

If it's the same as the press beta I'm wondering what the speed of leveling will be like and how many achievers out there will be going for max. I'll be taking my time and smelling the roses, exploration is what I'm looking forward to, it's been a long time since I played a game that gave me room to explore.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

There is supposed to be an Arenanet blog post either today or tomorrow that will discuss what content the first WBE will cover. So, yes, limited, but we don't know for sure yet what the test will or will not include.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated