Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Open Beta Weekend Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Folks who are eagerly clamoring to try out En Masse Entertainment's TERA will want to queue up for this weekend's open beta event. The OBT is scheduled to run from Friday, April 20 to Monday, April 23.

To access TERA’s open beta, please follow these instructions:

1. Log in (https://account.enmasse.com/) to your En Masse account. If you do not have an En Masse account yet, create one! (https://account.enmasse.com/users/new)

2. Click the Enter Code button on the right.

3. Enter the open beta test code: TERABETA

4. Click the Submit button.

5. Click the Download Game button under the Account Overview tab.

6. This will start downloading the game launcher.

7. Run the launcher and install the game so you'll be ready to go when the servers open!

Get started on the official TERA site.

UPDATE: Read the lastest patch notes. They're good ones!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SheilaVocSheilaVoc Member UncommonPosts: 15

Sweet!!! I'll play...

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

I think it's great that EME is giving a free trial to play TERA before purchasing.  I say free trial because they will keep characters of unsubbed accounts for a certain period of time after launch.  It's worth a try for sure.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• micaelmoraismicaelmorais Member Posts: 88

i will play this game for sure

• MerdurMerdur Member UncommonPosts: 27

<ignore>

• notanaemnotanaem Member Posts: 8

No you're misreading. Open beta for preorder customers start on the 19th. Everyone else can start playing on the 20th.

• viddsterviddster Member UncommonPosts: 220

I would like to add the EU open beta is slightly different with longer hours and a character wipe after.

"All servers for our open beta will open on Thursday, 19th of April at 3 pm CEST / GMT +2 and they will stay open until midnight CEST / GMT +2 on Tuesday, 24th of April 2012."

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Open open open beta! Look forward to it.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• crizthakiddcrizthakidd Member Posts: 1

tera cost 50 bucks to purcahse and its also a subscription of 15 a month? whattt

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630

Originally posted by crizthakidd

tera cost 50 bucks to purcahse and its also a subscription of 15 a month? whattt

Yes... and if it's worth it... it's worth it... I didn't pre-order because I'm leary of the combat mechanics for my aging reflexes :-) So I'm fighting pre-order urge and hopefully doing a "try and buy".

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

I got an invite but  I am having a terrible time getting the game to download....Also if it really does have a 50 dollar price tag with a 15 dollar sub, then I have no interest....From what  Iahve heard it isn't that great of a game and it certainly doesn't sound like its worth the money.

• harlokayneharlokayne Member Posts: 10

asdfghjkl I'm so excited!! The game looks great!!

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    50 dollar game with a 15 dollar per month sub? Np that's how mmorpgs are like, I rather pay 15 bucks a month then free to play and pay 25 bucks a month on crap!

Looking forward to playing my pre made toon!
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Another reason to look forward to 4.20 :)

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Mehh I skip. The Asian theme is too strong in this game for me to stomach it.

Aion was really borderline and had at least enough western influence mixed into it to make me able to stomach it.

• onelesslightonelesslight Member UncommonPosts: 161

Originally posted by crizthakidd

Welcome to MMOs

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

This is for EU, don't know about en-masse...

If you've already played one of the closed beta events, be sure to log on and download the patch before tomorrow, it's huge.

Login servers are already up and you can see the servers, just can't connect.

• BiffumusBiffumus Member Posts: 19

Subs drive away many of the kiddies, so that's a big perk to me.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Biffumus

Yeah, you are absolutely right!  *looks at World of Warcraft*

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Although I like the concept of F2P, the fact that the chat channels are full of idiots spouting sexual, racist and otherwise derogatory comments needs serious attention.

Not having to provide credit card details makes some people so secure in their anonymity that it seems their only reason for being there is to piss everybody off, not caring that their account is banned.

I recently joined AION 3 NA to see what's changed and the 2 nights I've logged on, I've spent at least 45 minutes /ignoring trolls, not to mention gold sellers who are the other problem with this scenario.

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167

I'm excited for GW2, but I'm goin to give this a try.  It might be a good 2-3 month distraction like Rift.  Loved Rift, but got bored with it very quickly and ... in-game weddings didn't really get me excited to keep playing.

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/terapatcherfail.jpg/][IMG]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4250/terapatcherfail.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Lolz on their downloader.....normaly i download at about 2 MB/sec hehe....fail.

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

Pre-order open beta starts this afternoon!!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

Ehhh I'd be willing to bet those kids (and their parents credit cards) spend just as much as the 18+ers if not more...... Like someone said just look at WoW.......