Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Play.com

grapevinegrapevine PeterboroughPosts: 1,927Member
Anyone else get an email from play.com, saying they've shipped Guild Wars 2? Even phoned them, and they said they had it in stock.

Guess I shouldn't have trusted them again. Now have to wait 7 days for the vapourware to not show, before getting my money back.

I advise to avoid them, even if they are £10 cheaper.

Comments

  • KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

    Haven't used them for a couple of years now, ever since games started turning up after launch days instead of before or on. It's a shame as once the were the place to go, everything was cheaper than elsewhere due to no VAT and orders would turn up a good day or two before the launch days.

  • ConnmacartConnmacart OsloPosts: 681Member Uncommon

    Think you need to read up on what's actually in the Pre-purchase box. 

    from play.com

    Pre-purchase redemption

    The serial code in the Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase box is the only serial code you will need to play Guild Wars 2. No additional serial codes or retail boxes will be provided. Pre-purchase box includes serial code only and no game disc. Internet connection required to download and play. Play.com cannot accept returns of any Guild Wars 2: Pre-Purchase editions once packaging has been opened.

  • grapevinegrapevine PeterboroughPosts: 1,927Member
    Originally posted by Connmacart

    Think you need to read up on what's actually in the Pre-purchase box. 
    from play.com
    Pre-purchase redemption

    The serial code in the Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase box is the only serial code you will need to play Guild Wars 2. No additional serial codes or retail boxes will be provided. Pre-purchase box includes serial code only and no game disc. Internet connection required to download and play. Play.com cannot accept returns of any Guild Wars 2: Pre-Purchase editions once packaging has been opened.

     

    That would be fine, if it were a preorder box that are usually shipped a few days prior to release. They are selling a product that doesn't exist, or have a release date.
  • grapevinegrapevine PeterboroughPosts: 1,927Member
    Originally posted by Kabaal

    Haven't used them for a couple of years now, ever since games started turning up after launch days instead of before or on. It's a shame as once the were the place to go, everything was cheaper than elsewhere due to no VAT and orders would turn up a good day or two before the launch days.

     

    Same here, until this. Only gave them another chance with being cheaper than Amazon. Never again!
  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,949Member Uncommon

    I bet it is the pre purchase box which in fact just is a DVD box with the serial and instructions how to use it in.

    There is no DVD, no manual, poster or anything else in it.

  • MothurMothur BoxtelPosts: 19Member

    Play.com/Zavvi/TheHut whatever it's all the same shitty company that takes weeks to deliver a product and in my case did not even the deliver a product and ignored me as a customer so I had to file in a complaint with PayPal.

    Never, EVER buy anything from them.

  • ConnmacartConnmacart OsloPosts: 681Member Uncommon

    It's not play.com's failure that you neglected to read up on what you actually bought. My quote came directly from plays gw2 buy page. Pre-purchase is nothing but a serial key that will give you full access to them game when released.

  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Loke666

    I bet it is the pre purchase box which in fact just is a DVD box with the serial and instructions how to use it in.

    There is no DVD, no manual, poster or anything else in it.

    I would imagine this is correct. Glad I just bought directly from NCSoft. Got my code immediately. I suppose if you want CE you have to go to retailers. image

    image

    What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

  • VortigonVortigon PerthPosts: 723Member

    Doh OP - Wake up lol

    Its the pre-purchase box with only your code inside it that they are sending. ;)

    That is full access to the game same as buying pre-purchase from Arenanet no difference except its cheaper why complain? rofl

    I find play.com a great company - never had any trouble with any purchase, I recommend them.

  • AntariousAntarious Greenville, SCPosts: 2,802Member

    This was talked about on the GW2 twitter page.

     

    They said mostly in the EU some companies insisted on having something to send to people who ordered.   So there is a little box that as someone else mentioned... pretty much contains the code other places simply email to you. (Zavvi was the name most mentioned).

    Moderator's on this site allow certain posters to create endless troll threads. Yet "warn" people for giving recommendations... account *pending* deletion because.. why bother.

  • grapevinegrapevine PeterboroughPosts: 1,927Member
    Originally posted by Vortigon

    Doh OP - Wake up lolIts the pre-purchase box with only your code inside it that they are sending. ;)I find play.com a great company - never had any trouble with any purchase, I recommend them.

     

    So it's fine to charge full retail price, for something that has no release date and have to sit there doing nothing for goodness knows how long? I know it won't happen in this case, but what if like with a number of mmos the plug was pulled prior to launch.
  • VortigonVortigon PerthPosts: 723Member


    Originally posted by grapevine
    Originally posted by VortigonDoh OP - Wake up lolIts the pre-purchase box with only your code inside it that they are sending. ;)I find play.com a great company - never had any trouble with any purchase, I recommend them.
     

    So it's fine to charge full retail price, for something that has no release date and have to sit there doing nothing for goodness knows how long? I know it won't happen in this case, but what if like with a number of mmo the plug was pulled prior to launch.



    That falls under the category of Caveat emptor - buyer beware!

    Buyers choice to pay for a game that may never be released, if you have any doubts dont pay for the game and wait. simples.

  • grapevinegrapevine PeterboroughPosts: 1,927Member
    Originally posted by Vortigon

    Originally posted by grapevine
    Originally posted by VortigonDoh OP - Wake up lolIts the pre-purchase box with only your code inside it that they are sending. ;)I find play.com a great company - never had any trouble with any purchase, I recommend them.
     

    So it's fine to charge full retail price, for something that has no release date and have to sit there doing nothing for goodness knows how long? I know it won't happen in this case, but what if like with a number of mmo the plug was pulled prior to launch.



    That falls under the category of Caveat emptor - buyer beware!

    Buyers choice to pay for a game that may never be released, if you have any doubts dont pay for the game and wait. simples.

     

    Doesn't quite work that way in the EU.
  • VortigonVortigon PerthPosts: 723Member


    Originally posted by grapevine
    Originally posted by VortigonOriginally posted by grapevine
    Originally posted by VortigonDoh OP - Wake up lolIts the pre-purchase box with only your code inside it that they are sending. ;)I find play.com a great company - never had any trouble with any purchase, I recommend them.
     

    So it's fine to charge full retail price, for something that has no release date and have to sit there doing nothing for goodness knows how long? I know it won't happen in this case, but what if like with a number of mmo the plug was pulled prior to launch.



    That falls under the category of Caveat emptor - buyer beware!

    Buyers choice to pay for a game that may never be released, if you have any doubts dont pay for the game and wait. simples.



     

    Doesn't quite work that way in the EU.


    I am from the UK and this purchase makes no promise about release dates so on what grounds would you like a refund?

Sign In or Register to comment.