Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The secret war

Secretwar.thesecretworld.com

Now out. Check it out

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I have no need too, I know there track record.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • KeyhKeyh Member Posts: 140

to*  .*  their*

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Originally posted by Elsabolts

I have no need too, I know there track record.

Then why Post here if you " lnow" their track record?

Some people will say and do anything.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

sounds like it could be fun,  but it requires facebook.

I've got the straight edge.

• NethriilNethriil Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by brody71

sounds like it could be fun,  but it requires facebook.

Yes its a Facebook app. Anyone tried yet? At work so cant try from here :)

It seems to be a glorified marketing campaign. It's really genius from a Marketing standpoint:

Items:

Initiate (35points req):

Health Elixir

Non-Faction Cap

Sword of Rising Storm(sword)

Faction T-shirt

Loyalist (80 points req):

Marinette of lost souls(buff blood magic)

non-faction Jacket

Faction Cap

Faction Flare gun

Operator(150 points req):

Bonnie & Clyde (dual pistols)

non-faction T-shirt

4 hour XP elixir

Faction pants

Infiltrator(250 points req):

8 hour XP elixir

The dream of Winter(buff chaos magic)

Hawkeye(assault rifle)

Non-faction pants

Agent(380points req):

The punisher(Hammer)

Spark of Zeus(buff elemental magic)

Faction jacket

Title: Pioneer of the <faction>

Secret Agent(500points req):

12 hour XP Elixir

Guaranteed access to beta weekends

The showstopper(Shotgun)

Vampire Claws(fists)

Points are gained by:

1point for someone to click your shared pictures/videos

5points for a friend to join the secret war (Same faction as you)

30 points for completing a mission (only seen two, so dont know what to expect, first two are: Like The secret world facebook page and get 5 vouches from friends)

10-40 points depending on which achievement you complete

there are 10 achievements:

- participated in the secret war every day (35 days)

- participated in the secret war 7 days straight

- get 3 agents to recruit 3 new agents

- your propaganda made an impact in less than 24 hours

- recruit 5agents

- recruit 10 agents

- your propaganda helped retain a country

- deploy a agents

- get 20 views on a propaganda (picture/video)

- get all other achievements

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

going to cancel my pre-order, I'm only going to play The secret war from now on

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

This is presumably the FB-based viral marketing campaign that was first announced some months ago in a blaze of publicity then sank from view.

The Secret War runs as a somewhat bloated Flash app showing a RISK-stylee map of the world where players try to take control of countries for their faction by getting clicks and "likes" on the posts the app fills their FB feeds with.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Nice idea for people who are interested in toying around with FB :o

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

It's too bad I loathe facebook... it's a great little campaign for sure.

I took the test and apparently I'd be a part of the Illuminati.  I really thought I'd turn out Templar, minus the religious connotations.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

My main issue with the game is, you can't do ANYTHING right away without friends. If you play other facebook games like Farmville, Frontierville or Mafia, there are mission you can just do right away without friends. In The Secret War you can do nothing right away before friends do not join you so you get agents. That is IMVPO a flawed concept for a social game. If you invite people for a social game, they want to do stuff right away, or they leave. They don't want to wait days for friends to join.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

Originally posted by Elikal

My main issue with the game is, you can't do ANYTHING right away without friends. If you play other facebook games like Farmville, Frontierville or Mafia, there are mission you can just do right away without friends. In The Secret War you can do nothing right away before friends do not join you so you get agents. That is IMVPO a flawed concept for a social game. If you invite people for a social game, they want to do stuff right away, or they leave. They don't want to wait days for friends to join.

And this is one of the reasons I am certain I made the right choice in avoiding TSW. No not the actual reasons given above, but the fact that future TSW players probably have a frame of reference like this. *Shudder* And Funcom seems to be fishing for subs in this pool of *whateveryoucallFBfarmvilleplayers* - gamers?

Originally posted by Nilenya

And this is one of the reasons I am certain I made the right choice in avoiding TSW. No not the actual reasons given above, but the fact that future TSW players probably have a frame of reference like this. *Shudder* And Funcom seems to be fishing for subs in this pool of *whateveryoucallFBfarmvilleplayers* - gamers?

I don't see a problem with *that*. Frontierville and Mafia were fun to play for a while. You could build your own farm. It was nice. But in the TSW Facebook game you can do NOTHING alone. That is it's flaw.

Besides, the facebook game has nothing to do with the actual game. It's just an appetizer. A method of marketing. I would not measure the game by this facebook app.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

I got 40 points and the first rank without any friends' interaction. So, no, you're wrong.

Originally posted by Keyh

I got 40 points and the first rank without any friends' interaction. So, no, you're wrong.

How? The only quests right away are "Inner Circle" and you need 5 friends to "vouch for you". Without that quests aren't even unlocked!

So no YOU are wrong.

You get 30 points from the first mission which is liking TSW on Facebook, and 10 points for deploying your Agent (which you start with one) to a territory your society doesn't control.

You get 30 points from the first mission which is liking TSW on Facebook, and 10 points for deploying your Agent (which you start with one) to a territory your society doesn't control.

Ok, I stand corrected.

Still, I am potentially willing to play Facebook games, I enjoyed mafia and frontierville a while, but here is so little. I can't dress up an alter ego, and so far I can do nothing but place agents and log out. It's not really a facebook game, if you ask me.

Ok, I stand corrected.

Still, I am potentially willing to play Facebook games, I enjoyed mafia and frontierville a while, but here is so little. I can't dress up an alter ego, and so far I can do nothing but place agents and log out. It's not really a facebook game, if you ask me.

Oh, it's definitely a quick, thrown together, marketing scheme.

Ok, I stand corrected.

Oh, it's definitely a quick, thrown together, marketing scheme.

Yeah! I mean, who the heck is going to fall for that!

*adds 20 new facebook friends*

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Originally posted by rpgalon

going to cancel my pre-order, I'm only going to play The secret war from now on

That is the funniest thing I've read in quite a while.  Good job.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

If you want to sign up to play The Secret War, here's a link to the page.

The Illuminati thank you :)

• SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177

im going to make 20 FB accounts and own this game /

Originally posted by ANDRIOD

im going to make 20 FB accounts and own this game /

Just need to use 20 different proxies to run them through; the microprint in the game suggests it uses IP tracking to limit that kind of farming:e.g. for the "propaganda" (having people click on picture / video links you post to your FB feed):

"If someone who is online at the same location as you (e.g. in your home, school or work place) click [sic] your share, you might end up not getting a point for their click."

Also a few hours into the game it became clear that points were far too easy for hardened FB gamers to farm & the amount required for the top rank was more than doubled to 1200.

Edit: fixed typos.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

When i read it on my phone the morning it launched i thought it was the open beta or something. so i ran up stairs only to facepalm to go back to bed.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

"The Secret War" is currently non-functional; apparently it generated too much spam even by Facebook standards.  No ETA for a fix.