Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Skyshrine Update Deployed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment and the EverQuest 2 team have announced that the latest update, Skyshrine, has been released. Skyshrine includes a level cap raised to 92, an outdoor zone in Withered Lands with over 100 quests, solo, small groups, and raid content, and storyline events. Players can now get their hands on an all new Drake mount, new tradeskill quests and new items as well.

The great citadel of Skyshrine has long housed the Claws of Veeshan dragons behind its massive walls and arcane protections. Now, the unthinkable has happened -- it has become besieged by powerful forces. Players must battle and befriend dragons and their wurmkin in the forbidden city of Dracur, and explore the past to unravel mysterious events that transformed the formidable draconic city into a battlefield full of daunting challenges, fearful foes and unimaginable treasures!

Find out more on the EverQuest 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SoulriftSoulrift Member UncommonPosts: 34

*Requires Destiny of Velious expansion

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

Originally posted by Soulrift

yep wonder how many "expansions" they can get people to buy, without actual content, for them to add later on...with this update can hardly say they are adding to age of discovery yet, and then they always had free content updates in previous years without having to claim it is addtions to certain expansions...now they are more like admitting they sell very scarse expansions at full price

destiny of velious atleast had abit to do at release.....unlike age of discovery

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I think EQ2's best days are behind it.  I played for awhile about a month ago, and I was shocked at how low the server population for Antonia Bayle had fallen from what I remembered a couple years previously.  This combined with the state of the latest expansions and updates leads me to believe that, in terms of added content, it's all downhill for EQ2.

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

Level cap increased to 92? Is that a misprint?

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by finnmacool1

Level cap increased to 92? Is that a misprint?

I don't think so, I am willing to bet they originally planned on the xpac increasing the level cap by 5, but since virtually none of the content was actually in the xpac they couldn't do that.  So now they will incrementally increase it through patches until they hit their intended target.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by SuperXero89

I think EQ2's best days are behind it.  I played for awhile about a month ago, and I was shocked at how low the server population for Antonia Bayle had fallen from what I remembered a couple years previously.

I cant speak for AB but the Freeport server is still very active

Guide to Game Update 63

http://eq2wire.com/2012/04/17/eq2wires-guide-to-game-update-63-skyshrine/

Game Update 63 Adventure FAQ

Q: What are the pre-requisites to do the adventure (solo/group/raid) content in Game Update 63?

A: You must be level 90, have at least 248 AA points (which will become 280 AAs once you login), and have the Destiny of Velious expansion flagged on your account. The Age of Discovery expansion is required for some features.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

Originally posted by Soulrift

:D

• Cathleen81Cathleen81 Member Posts: 12

Here is a person though claiming a work experience that from the engineering side would have eaten not the better half, but almost all if not all of his present supposed life span.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Originally posted by SuperXero89

I think EQ2's best days are behind it.  I played for awhile about a month ago, and I was shocked at how low the server population for Antonia Bayle had fallen from what I remembered a couple years previously.  This combined with the state of the latest expansions and updates leads me to believe that, in terms of added content, it's all downhill for EQ2.

EverQuest 2 died in August last year, when they ignored all the testers on the PTS about how broken the re-itemization script was and they just deployed it anyway and so effectivily killed the lvl1-80 content with just a single script!

And as has become the devs reputation (wiith one fail producer being replaced by the next fail producer), they ignored the mess lvl1-80 has become and just moved on to the next Game Update.

It's just not fun anymore to level up a character when over half the rewards and gear are broken, with wrong stats... or just boring bland stats that are same across the board! Completely simplified. All variation is now gone.

The broken gear that now exists is appaling. Gear with now wrong stats for wrong class, gear that now slots in wrong slots, etc, etc.

For many many EQ2 players (the vast majority of them ALTaholics) it was the final straw.

The guild I was in on server Antonia Bayle (the highest populated server for years) was booming with very high activity, went straight down after August last year.

When I logged back into the game a short while ago (as it's F2P now) my guild activity was on an all time low. The overal activity on the Antonia Bayle server was also shockingly low.

A real shame. As EQ2 has always been one of my favorite MMO's. Most content, features, events, diversity and great community. :-(

Now the game has reached an all time low with releasing empty expansions for FULL price and then patching the rest in over the next two years.  Just appaling!

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I think EQ2 has had its day too, it was a great game in it's day but it simply hasen't kept pace with its competition and is now just a relic of the past and oldschool MMO's.

The thing that made me stop playing was the way they would implement broken things like Shader 3.0 or dungeonfinder then not fix them. The game still runs worse than any other mmo I know also with zero chance they will ever add performance fixes.

Then they waste dev time making bat wings because they can sell them in the store, I mean really....

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

I have played most of the mmo's out there that have come out in the last 5 years and I keep going back to everquest2.  I went back last month after trying to stay logged in to SWTOR for my guilds sake.  I am so happy I did go back.  Yea its not as fluid and pretty as Aion, Tera  and SWTOR but the gamplay and content is unmatched imo. I dont bother with the dungeon finder because I am in a really active guild, but I agree that they should fix that.   I do not like cash shops, but every game is starting to do it now and it makes me sad for subsciption MMO's as a whole.  I have not seen a problem with the gear stats they have mentioned above, but they may have been resolved by now.  These things to me are minor flaws in a game that offers so much. (let's face it if we look at every game out there it has flaws).

The population on Oasis is thriving and I am having a blast with the new update for levels 90+.   I think EQ2 speaks to a certain population of gamers and I am happy to go back home.   The communtiy is a lot nicer than most games out there too. For me, I enjoy the massive amount of questing and content I can't find in any other game.  Although I do PVP in other games, EQ2's PVP is garbage, but for me its ok, I just dont do it in this game, and I honestly dont miss it because there is so much other stuff that they have done so well like:

-the housing system is so much fun

-a very deep crafting system

-the mentoring system allows for you to play with peole regardless of your level  and still reap benefits.  Self-mentoring lets you enjoy lower level content adn still enjoy rewards from it.

-Guild support - from the Guild UI to the guild halls there is so much support for guilds out there.  Guild levels, banks, hearth, and my favorite is the rally flag which your guild uses to teleport to a specific location.

-amazing instances and raids that really stand out in there design.

-shinies! collectables are addictive and give you rewards.

-many starting and questing zones so you are free to level where you want. So many classes and races to choose from.

-liitle details - today I was out exploring and clicked a skeleton I found which gave me a quest.

-want to write more but my husband wants breakfast lol

Anyways I just wanted to give balance to this thread.  Its not the most popular game out there, I cant get my friends to play it again  But for me, its keeping me happy until the next big thing (flop?) comes along.  To keep in line with the OP - the new update is great!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Zarriya

I have played most of the mmo's out there that have come out in the last 5 years and I keep going back to everquest2.  

Its not the most popular game out there, I cant get my friends to play it again  But for me, its keeping me happy until the next big thing (flop?) comes along.  To keep in line with the OP - the new update is great!

same applies for me - EQ2 remains my personal favorite mmo for now despite its flaws

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

There is still one subscription game with no cash shops= RIFT! Of course not everyone like that game. To each his/her own. And about EQ2, I would have loved to play that game, but for an old game it lags so bad and is buggy. My computer didn't like it so I uninstalled it.

Smile

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by Zarriya

I have played most of the mmo's out there that have come out in the last 5 years and I keep going back to everquest2.  

Its not the most popular game out there, I cant get my friends to play it again  But for me, its keeping me happy until the next big thing (flop?) comes along.  To keep in line with the OP - the new update is great!

same applies for me - EQ2 remains my personal favorite mmo for now despite its flaws

It was the same for me and my gf.... but the whole debacle with the reitemization script last year in August, breaking the lvl1-80 content beyond belief and then just leaving it like that.

Then starting to release practically empty expansions, charging FULL price, just to patch it up via GU's later on! GU's that used to add FREE EXTRA content.

Not to mention continueing recycling old crap in the game and ONLY adding new unique stuff to the Cash Shop, while still paying 15 bucks a month!

That was really the very last straw for me and my gf!  As there comes a point where we have to draw a line and say here and no further! Enough is enough!