Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gw2 pvp?what War should of been?

gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Ok warhammer online started with 6 leveling tracks with 3 dillerent wars going on in 12 battlefields.  9 of those battlefields were guarrentied to dry up as the game aged. 

If they went with the old DAOC/  GW2 design

We would of had 4 battlefields with 3 capital cities and 3 leveling tracks.   Content would be a lot more quality and 1 sided battled thing would of never happened.

Comments

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I loved WARs PVP in the beta when it was Tier 4 only and no battlegrounds. It meant hundreds of people were fighting for keeps and it was a blast.

[

Lets not forget WAR has amazing character design and Guild Wars 2 sucks...

That alone is why I wont play.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Originally posted by tixylix

Really?  I personally thought WAR's character design was god awful and by far one of the worst i've ever seen.

On topic: It's kinda funny but every MMO i've played in the last few years always had better PVP in beta than after release.  There's definitaly something to that and devs should look into it.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by Alders

Really?  I personally thought WAR's character design was god awful and by far one of the worst i've ever seen.

On topic: It's kinda funny but every MMO i've played in the last few years always had better PVP in beta than after release.  There's definitaly something to that and devs should look into it.

I dunno WAR has the most badass looking Orcs and no funny looking gay classes like them ^

It's cause like WAR they control the PVP in beta like in WAR when it was Tier 4 only and no battlegrounds. When the agme launched Battlegrounds ruined world PVP and because there was all 4 Tiers the population was so spread out. Tbh the game would have been better being Tier 4 only and only making 10 levels and getting rid of all the other zones.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I dunno WAR has the most badass looking Orcs and no funny looking gay classes like them ^

It's cause like WAR they control the PVP in beta like in WAR when it was Tier 4 only and no battlegrounds. When the agme launched Battlegrounds ruined world PVP and because there was all 4 Tiers the population was so spread out. Tbh the game would have been better being Tier 4 only and only making 10 levels and getting rid of all the other zones.

I guess... Population spread was a big problem w/ WAR. However, the biggest issue was a combination of it being VERY buggy post-launch, and people refusing to understand RvR balancing. (The amount of QQing over PvP tanks was enough to give me migraines).

That said, GW2 has neither of these problems, so I don't really see it being an issue.

(I actually really enjoyed WAR's pvp back on release, it's a shame a lot of people couldn't handle it.)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    In gw2 favour - 3 sides, rewards for holding not taking
    In war favour - you know your enemies, no reset every 2 weeks
    Basicly neither are daoc (or planetside)
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    To add both have massive negative over daoc. The availability of tupperware pvp, providing somewhere for pvpers to hide if rvr ain't going their way
  • Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Cant really make the statement that GW2's pvp is what WAR should have been.

Lets not forget that when WAR was in the same launch state as GW2 is now, fresh of an open beta, every single praise that is being said about WAR and what effect it will have on the mmo industry is being said for GW2.

Its the exact same setup.

People didnt start to dislike WAR untill later on in the game, and the 1-10 experience proved to be the most entertaining for most. This is a part of GW2 that hasnt been publicly tested.

I get the sneaking suspicion that GW2 complaints are going to be rolling in heavy once their PQ's get old, their population spreads out making some of them pointless in attempting, and people start to realize that "endgame at level 1" means an actual endgame thats the same old.

Hard to tell at this point. 

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

war was killed by server crash zone crash and we know GW2 wont have them.  100 vs 100 vs 100 was very smoothhhh.

• oblitrifyoblitrify Member Posts: 14

I thoroughly enjoy Warhammer's rvr. If GW2 modeled their rvr after it then I'm going to have a blast! 

• GW2 doesn't work like DAOC's RvR design at all. Since you're switching enemies around all the time, you lose the whole Realm pride aspect that was so important.

WAR certainly has the Realm aspect down, but other things held it down. Such as a two-way faction system.

So while GW2's design might work, it's probably not what many of the WAR players wanted - which is more of a DAOC-like system.

• gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127

I loved WARs PVP in the beta when it was Tier 4 only and no battlegrounds. It meant hundreds of people were fighting for keeps and it was a blast.

[

WAR HAS AMAZING  character design????   what.....are you kidding me...

The lackluster order characters is one reason for the huge imbalance when the game first launched...

Yes the chaos side looked nice  too good, players flocked to chaos side because of the looks of their

characters, but order was owning after everyone figured it out too late by then....I can't believe you guys are

still discussing this game really...go play GW2 when it comes out.  Everything WAR should of been GW2 is.

• gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Deleted User

Cant really make the statement that GW2's pvp is what WAR should have been.

Lets not forget that when WAR was in the same launch state as GW2 is now, fresh of an open beta, every single praise that is being said about WAR and what effect it will have on the mmo industry is being said for GW2.

Its the exact same setup.

People didnt start to dislike WAR untill later on in the game, and the 1-10 experience proved to be the most entertaining for most. This is a part of GW2 that hasnt been publicly tested.

I get the sneaking suspicion that GW2 complaints are going to be rolling in heavy once their PQ's get old, their population spreads out making some of them pointless in attempting, and people start to realize that "endgame at level 1" means an actual endgame thats the same old.

Hard to tell at this point. 

What some people seem to forget is all the GW1 players waiting to play GW2 millions of them.  GW1 is over 8 years old I  just logged in yesterday to update my hall of monuments and it's packed in there.  GW2 won't get old and by the time it gets old there will be another game out.  WAR got old because their END GAME sucks.  GW2 endgamem doesn't center on one event like WAR their is a multitude fo things too do.  GW1's highest level was 20 and even at 20 there were lots of things too do.  GW2 has 80 levels that alone should tell you that GW2 has enough content to keep players happy for a long time to come.