Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware has won my heart with their incredible generosity!

Comments

• BlueLanternBlueLantern Member Posts: 96

so Mono, do you still post on NGG?

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

I'm not turning my nose up at the 30 free days, and I had great fun with my guildies tonight in the World event, but OP, if saving you 14.99 wins your heart...it's easily won.

• BoA*BoA* Member UncommonPosts: 159

Did SQEX Win your heart with its year of incredible generosity?

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

I'm not turning my nose up at the 30 free days, and I had great fun with my guildies tonight in the World event, but OP, if saving you 14.99 wins your heart...it's easily won.

Money isn't the measure of all things good and valuable in this world.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Unbiased...alright well I'm God. Not only am I God Himself I'm the Devil too if your unbiased.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by BlueLantern

so Mono, do you still post on NGG?

No. I stopped going there ages ago. Are you still on NGG? What was your name?

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Originally posted by Dredphyre

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

Money isn't the measure of all things good and valuable in this world.

true, but you act like they refunded all the money you paid to them for a semi-broken game AND they gave you a free month.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by Monorojo

I have always been an unbiased bystander when it comes to companies and MMOs. Playing both sides of the fence, even keel. But with bioware, I can't help but say "I love you guys!!!"

Horse manure.  You are one of the biggest Swtor fanboys on the site, and one of the biggest haters of GW2 showing up in almost every thread to bash it relentlessly. 

Futhermore, this was clearly done because they are desperate, as well as to buff their numbers for the upcoming financial reports.  They were going to allow only 50s to get the free month, because they still want income after all, but then due to player outrage they've changed the deal up to allow others to benefit, only because loosing tons of subs is not exactly beneficial to them. 

This has little to do with being generous to you.  Its about them. 

I feel this needs to be repeated.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by goldiewilson

Originally posted by Puremallace

We are ALL Star Wars fans this game was made for WOW fans, 

I am far from a TOR fan, but some of you guys have serious issues. Stop blaming Bioware because you guys did little to no research on the game and blame Bioware for buying a pure themepark.

I did do the reasearch that's why i DIDN'T play the game, I knew it would be crap, because its a WOW clone, and wow clones are garbage. There are better FTP wow clones than TOR.  It was a failure before it even got it's foot out of the door, the wow set up is so anti Star Warsy it was destined to fail. For gods sake no space travel but mailboxes and AH, what did you think would happen. 

Your opinion is not valid at all. First play the game.

Personally, I can't play games like WoW after playing SWTOR... it is similar in some ways, but vastly different in others.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by Souldrainer

I am far from a TOR fan, but some of you guys have serious issues. Stop blaming Bioware because you guys did little to no research on the game and blame Bioware for buying a pure themepark.

I did do the reasearch that's why i DIDN'T play the game, I knew it would be crap, because its a WOW clone, and wow clones are garbage. There are better FTP wow clones than TOR.  It was a failure before it even got it's foot out of the door, the wow set up is so anti Star Warsy it was destined to fail. For gods sake no space travel but mailboxes and AH, what did you think would happen. 

Your opinion is not valid at all. First play the game. Personally, I can't play games like WoW after playing SWTOR... it is similar in some ways, but vastly different in others.

SWTOR is just like WOW lol, minus the fun parts, you are suffering from what I call delusions. You know how a lot of Star Wars fans still cant admit the prequels were horrible, like that. If you are Playing SWTOR you might as well be playing WOW. You waste your money on a watered down WOW clone that should have been released in 2006 if you want, I'm not going to waste my money on a 300k sub game thats going flush flush down the toilet, no thanks.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Your opinion is not valid at all. First play the game. Personally, I can't play games like WoW after playing SWTOR... it is similar in some ways, but vastly different in others.

SWTOR is just like WOW lol, minus the fun parts, you are suffering from what I call delusions. You know how a lot of Star Wars fans still cant admit the prequels were horrible, like that. If you are Playing SWTOR you might as well be playing WOW. You waste your money on a watered down WOW clone that should have been released in 2006 if you want, I'm not going to waste my money on a 300k sub game thats going flush flush down the toilet, no thanks.

You can't even form an opinion on the game, since you have not played it.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Sure you can its called Beta Testers, word of mouth, videos of gameplay. You don't have to invest in every TURD nugget passing itself off as an mmorpg these days, under that logic we would all be broke by now. No one has to invest in this pile of crap to realize that it is crap. I didn't play Dark and  Light either and you know what I am very comfortable saying it sucks. I am not going to willingly invest in a game I know sucks, just so what, I can inflate the subs a few more months, make some fanboys happy, lol yeh right. I will play Allods before I play this pile of poo.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Sure you can its called Beta Testers, word of mouth, videos of gameplay. You don't have to invest in every TURD nugget passing itself off as an mmorpg these days, under that logic we would all be broke by now. No one has to invest in this pile of crap to realize that it is crap. I didn't play Dark and  Light either and you know what I am very comfortable saying it sucks. I am not going to willingly invest in a game I know sucks, just so what, I can inflate the subs a few more months, make some fanboys happy, lol yeh right. I will play Allods before I play this pile of poo.

i think the Beta accusation is well placed tbh, the game released with 'unfinished' game mechanics, especially the lack of decent grouping and guild mechanics, making it a solo game for the most part, simply because just getting a group together was such a pain, heavy on content perhaps the game might be, but it sure is light on functionality.  SW;TOR is a game that may become a good game, but it isnt at the moment, it may not be quite as bad as the previous poster intimated, but not entirely far off the mark, once the game is actually finished then Bioware might have something, but not yet, and after playing the game for 6 weeks, i am not judging without having experienced the game, and yes after 6 weeks i did give up, cancelled my sub, and didnt even bother logging in again for the last 2 weeks i'd paid for.  If Bioware fix it, i will probably play the game again, but until then.. i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole.. image

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 828

Can't go wrong with a free month of gametime...hell that is the only thing keeping me playing right now. 1.2 didn't do squat for me, many in my longtime guild have moved on and the PvP/PvE engame is utterly MMO standard gear grindingly boring. The Rakghoul event was not all that special.

Oh SWTOR...how I lament your division between story based leveling content and repetitive, gear grindy end game content. As soon as I got to endgame any sense of immersion was gone.

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

Let's do some math.

I'll say SWTOR has 1.7 million subs.

That means they lost about 25 million over the free month.

You REALLY think EA is gonna let that slide? I got a feeling after the next quarterly report, after they sugarcoat the sub numbers, shit's gonna hit the fan

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

You again.   You do this here.  You do this, with the same name, in many other places.   Same exact posts.  Copy and pasted with the same unadulterated, over-the-top and (frankly) unbelievale "Oh Gosh BioWare is perfect" gushing...

You should change handles between game boards.   It might be a little harder to figure you out. 

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

See OP i can come in here and claim neutrality (unless TSW is involved). See i was hopeing their new patch would make the game more successful, i have a feeling the free game time is there attempt to say "look we added new things, are we good enough yet". So long as any MMO shoots for WoW numbers this early in its lifetime it will fail. I have Faith that SWTOR will be able to pick itself up eventually. but as it stands SWTOR has had a Average launch. Mass subs, Mass Loss to slow build afterwards. They are still probubly meeting their Qouta for Subs and new people are trying it every day. (not everyone in the MMORPG genre posts here). So really games not dead its hitting a standard cycle, Will i play it again, hell no. They screwed what i loved in beta, i wont touch their game again.

This is also a possible Plan from EA, the attempt to regain interest.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by Monorojo

I have always been an unbiased bystander when it comes to companies and MMOs. Playing both sides of the fence, even keel. But with bioware, I can't help but say "I love you guys!!!"

Horse manure.  You are one of the biggest Swtor fanboys on the site, and one of the biggest haters of GW2 showing up in almost every thread to bash it relentlessly. 

Futhermore, this was clearly done because they are desperate, as well as to buff their numbers for the upcoming financial reports.  They were going to allow only 50s to get the free month, because they still want income after all, but then due to player outrage they've changed the deal up to allow others to benefit, only because loosing tons of subs is not exactly beneficial to them. 

This has little to do with being generous to you.  Its about them. 

I endorse this post
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Ok let me see if i get this right.

Did Bioware have this on their fetature list for us to research?

1: You can explore dead and linier worlds

2: You see static mobs waiting for you to kill them

3: You will enjoy almost a soundless enviroment

4: We have broken PVP

5: You can engage in pointless crafting

6: You will have to have an extra keyboard lying around, space key will take a beating

7: You will be seing high rez graphics in cut scenes but not while playing

8: You will be a hero from the start little no effort is needed to play, we like uber easymode for you to enjoy.

There are Themepark MMOs and there are a new genre Bioware have come up with, it's called Railpark.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Originally posted by TROLL_HARD

Originally posted by xenogias

Hell I can remmber people arguing (in school) over duke nukem, DOOM, or Wolfenstien being the best FPS's.

Now I'm enraged. /joke

What about Quake, ffs? How can that not be included in the discussion of best FPSs of the time???

@ OP -- To keep with the topic of this thread, I can't find fault with FREE game time. Nothing wrong with that, especially if you're already subbed.

Sorry but Quake came much later than Duke Nukem, Doom, and Wolfenstein.   People argued about Quake v. Unreal Tournament. 

You couldn't pay me to play SWTOR.  From a development cost to fun ratio, it has to be one of the worst games ever.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by Torgrim

There are Themepark MMOs and there are a new genre Bioware have come up with, it's called Railpark.

I think  Railpark describes TOR (and alot on the newer MMOs) perfectly.

Its the thing that most bothered me about the game.

I could not alter the predetermined path that the character I created was set on.

The game as a whole is much like the On-Rails Space part of the game.

Once you start, you have very little control over....well, anything really.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by BigHatLogan

Hell I can remmber people arguing (in school) over duke nukem, DOOM, or Wolfenstien being the best FPS's.

Now I'm enraged. /joke

What about Quake, ffs? How can that not be included in the discussion of best FPSs of the time???

@ OP -- To keep with the topic of this thread, I can't find fault with FREE game time. Nothing wrong with that, especially if you're already subbed.

Sorry but Quake came much later than Duke Nukem, Doom, and Wolfenstein.   People argued about Quake v. Unreal Tournament. 

You couldn't pay me to play SWTOR.  From a development cost to fun ratio, it has to be one of the worst games ever.

How is Counter-Strike not counted in that group? LoL Source is probably still one of the hardest mods out in the genre..

I'm wanting to get my hands on the new one..

On-Topic: The cake is a lie.. Especially that piece Mojorojo took a bite out of.. image

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by BigHatLogan

Hell I can remmber people arguing (in school) over duke nukem, DOOM, or Wolfenstien being the best FPS's

Yep. Duke Nukem, Doom and Wolfenstein were the first 3 FPS fanboi battles.

My friends and I were the oddballs. We played Shadow Warrior (and Duke of course).

Then it was Quake2, Unreal and followed a bit later by Halflife as the battle of the 3 best FPS's continued.

At the time, we were again the oddballs playing a Q2 Mod called Action Quake2

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

Mono, do you work at Bioware?

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by Jason2444

Mono, do you work at Bioware?

Hes just a fan, he made a video a while back, showing off his skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.