Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW:TOR was not much fun at 50, With 1.2 it is torture

124»

Comments

• SmilingdeathSmilingdeath Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by darkehawke

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Originally posted by grimal

Originally posted by aligada87

Originally posted by Smilingdeath

Originally posted by nomss

Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Well the best part is you can walk away and the others of millions of people having fun won't miss you. I have been having a blast and yes I have a level 50

No offense OP but people who feel like you make people who enjoy the game have much more fun. we are slowly getting the children out of TOR and the more mature players are flocking to it.

Gratz

wow, with great attitudes like yourself, this is how good games are destroyed.

Guess what? Once GW2 hits, I won't show my face to TOR. And guess what? It is not only me, there are few others.

I know what the OP is talking about. 1.2 is nonesense.

Ahhh yes, I totally forgot that GW2 is the perfect MMO, its has no bugs, endless endgame content, Billions of players to play with and its the reason why other MMO's should just close shop and bow to GW2.

/sarcasm

its going to be a battle between both mmo.  in the long run the launch of gw2 could turn out bad and everyone just sticks to swtor lol. who knows

I get the feeling that a lot of people will be upset with GW2's shortcomings.  Tera can't compete and I seriously have my doubts about anything coming from Funcom....

Most likely people will be flocking back to TOR once this happens.

Even if and when those games dont live up to expectations, its a delusion to think that people will flock BACK to SWTOR.

prob right

currently i'm back in SWTOR to see the changes as i have the free time they have given to all cancelled accounts. 

unfortunately, if gw2 fails, i may quit MMO's until i can give Arche Age a go, or more likely go back to vanguard when it goes f2p

This is the reason why Sci-fi based MMO's dont make it far.

People rather play as elves and fairies.

:)

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

SWTOR was not fun after 2 weeks past launch. And you know what i do when something isnt fun anymore????

I STOP PLAYING IT.

Revolutionary concept is revolutionary.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Guess what? Once GW2 hits, I won't show my face to TOR. And guess what? It is not only me, there are few others.

Ahhh yes, I totally forgot that GW2 is the perfect MMO, its has no bugs, endless endgame content, Billions of players to play with and its the reason why other MMO's should just close shop and bow to GW2.

/sarcasm

its going to be a battle between both mmo.  in the long run the launch of gw2 could turn out bad and everyone just sticks to swtor lol. who knows

I get the feeling that a lot of people will be upset with GW2's shortcomings.  Tera can't compete and I seriously have my doubts about anything coming from Funcom....

Even though I have no interest in playing GW2, I will be enjoying the meltdown on their forum after release when it turns out to not be the great gift to MMO land that it's fanboys have built it up to be. However I doubt these people will be flocking back to TOR. If past history is an indicator, they will spend their time trashing GW2 while bemoaning the state of the industry.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

It's not any fun leveling either. It's become a grind fest thanks to the poorly balanced economy and the ridiculous money sinks this game has. BioWare's balancing the game for level 50's and PvP at the cost of lower levels and PvE in general. My highest toon is level 28 and i can't even afford to train because of the costs. BioWare should be creating more content instead of more grind. All they are capable of doing is encouraging more farming.

• darkehawkedarkehawke Member Posts: 178

Originally posted by darkehawke

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Well the best part is you can walk away and the others of millions of people having fun won't miss you. I have been having a blast and yes I have a level 50

No offense OP but people who feel like you make people who enjoy the game have much more fun. we are slowly getting the children out of TOR and the more mature players are flocking to it.

Gratz

/sarcasm

Even if and when those games dont live up to expectations, its a delusion to think that people will flock BACK to SWTOR.

prob right

currently i'm back in SWTOR to see the changes as i have the free time they have given to all cancelled accounts. 

unfortunately, if gw2 fails, i may quit MMO's until i can give Arche Age a go, or more likely go back to vanguard when it goes f2p

This is the reason why Sci-fi based MMO's dont make it far.

People rather play as elves and fairies.

:)

i dunno 

SWG kept me going for over 5 years :)

shame it was shut down, the game at the end was not perfect but a damn sight better then anything else out there, just a shame people couldnt see past the NGE

Currently playing- SWG PreCU & GW 2
    Have tried WoW, AoC, & Vanguard, SWG:NGE, GW, LOTRO & SWTOR
    Best MMO: SWG
    Worst MMO: SWTOR

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Originally posted by ktanner3

Even though I have no interest in playing GW2, I will be enjoying the meltdown on their forum after release when it turns out to not be the great gift to MMO land that it's fanboys have built it up to be. However I doubt these people will be flocking back to TOR. If past history is an indicator, they will spend their time trashing GW2 while bemoaning the state of the industry.

Don't forget simultaneously talking up the next big MMO and revolutionary features X, Y, and Z that are completely innovative and have never been seen before in any other MMO.

• johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261

Don't you know, the grass is always greener on the other side?

Until you get there and find a whole other new set of problems.

GW2, Tera, TSW, and other games coming out will have their own issues.  They will also have things people will enjoy.  Its a two way road and all the banter in this thread is just speculation.  Unless you can predict the future.

No game is perfect, and there was great potential in SWTOR, when it was in beta.  Not so much anymore, and that makes this Star Wars fan (lore, books, movies, SWG)  very sad.

If you like SWTOR and are having fun, good for you.  If you dislike the game and aren't playing, thats your choice.  Bad language and namecalling belongs elsewhere.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by morlock9

Originally posted by just1opinion

I swear EA just keeps finding ways to make this game worse.  I enjoyed it for what I was expecting it to be....a mediocre single player RPG.....for 30 levels.  Now I'm just done with it.  My main was a sorc healer....'nuff said.  I don't wish any harm on anyone, not really, but EA reallly DESERVES some sort of repercussions for what they did with this IP.  It's sad, it really is.

Anyway.....2 characters in (and a few baby baby alts) and I'm already irritated and disgusted.  And I didn't even play to max level which WAS my plan initially.  I unsubbed and now I'm just waiting for something else to play.  I'm not too broken up about it as I was never riding the hype wagon on this one, so no disappointment that I didn't EXPECT.

I really hope that Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, The Secret World, and GW2 will save the year in gaming for me.  Fingers are crossed.

I reccomend you find a good guild.  1.2 has added a ton of stuff to do in the game, and lots of polish.  The crafting in the economy is picking up as a result, PvP is easy to get into (hell, you can put all your companions in level 50 blue Recruit gear for just credits).

The Tatooine quarantine event is great fun with the plague spreading around the galaxy and players exploding everywhere, people are hunting the mysteries of crafting the new crystals and obtaining the new pets.

There is so much to do to even make a single character advance with the Legacy.

Hey..if it's not fun for you, don't play.  But it sounds like you are just having trouble finding your way around the game a bit.

Trouble finding my way in the game?  You're kidding, right?  Seriously, you can advertise to me all you want.  I find the game boring, and I don't think that's going to change regardless.  Thanks for trying though.  It's just not my cup of tea for MANY reasons.  I'm happy for you that you enjoy it though. :)

Originally posted by Nethermancer

SWTOR was not fun after 2 weeks past launch. And you know what i do when something isnt fun anymore????

I STOP PLAYING IT.

Revolutionary concept is revolutionary.

Yeah, this is pretty much my thinking as well.  To each their own, but this is definitely NOT mine.  I enjoyed it at first, like I said, for what it was.  Once it ceased to be fun....I'm outtie.  Keep in mind that I have played other MMOs for 6 and 7 YEARS, so it's not my inability to commit.  LOL

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

Well written. Interesting read. Confirmed what I have been hearing. I'm not even going back to check out the patch.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Dalies are just an easy way of not producing content.

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

For all you guys that were talking about how much I suck to get 0 -0 -0 -0. Keep in mind that if you get shut out in a match you don't have much choice.

Happened to me twice last night. Once on Huttball, and a second time on Whatever the ship one is. Didn't score a point in huttball. Mainly because our healers couldn't keep themselves alive long enough to heal anyone... not to mention some people are ALWAYS immune to stuns and slows.

On the ship one we couldn't get past the first doors.

Sometimes you just get a bad group. And it doesn't matter how awesome you are, you get nothing if your team fails. My Sorc friend had almost 300k in healing and still ended up with nearly nothing for rewards. I had over 100k in damage, second on my team and i still got next to nothing.  And of course i have the full set of armor. Not Battlemaster. But at this rate of gain it will be impossible to get it. Me and my 2 sorc friends were always on the top of the damage, kills and healing pre-50. Even after 50 we were always near the top. 

My healer spec friend is writing down the results of every pvp match since 1.2 and i think it is just making it worse. It is like rubbing salt in your wounds. 

I think my bigger problem is that the PVP thing is just cheese. This is Star Wars. Why in the world are we restricted to stupid arena battles? Why isn't there more of a reason.. from level 10 to mix it up on the planets?

I have played DC Universe and still have a character on there. PVP is so much more fun. You run around doing quests/missions and there is always some enemy out there to fight with. The complexity is not great on the game but they really did the PVP side of it right. There is no need to do the arena battles. You do enough in between.  

When it comes to the rest of SWTOR i think it pales in comparison to SWG. Everything about SWG was deeper than this game is. Everything from the way you gathered crafting materials, to the crafting complexity itself, to the player housing, to the player cities, combat complexity.. the only thing that was lacking is the story. It was much more of a sandbox game.

I definitely miss SWG...

And then there is Planetside... and Planetside 2. PS2 will be the defining PVP game of the decade for sure. At least the people developing PS2 actually played MMO's and PVP before....Not sure the people at Bioware ever have.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

You bumped your head. Stop believing old EA press releases.

Gratz

You're quitting? But I thought you liked the game? Oh well.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by sirchive

The first thing that MMO designers should decide on when they lay out a game design is how to make some kind of fun and self-sustaining endgame. But they don't. They focus on making a fantastic first 20 levels because that's what they will use to sell the game and get financing. The endgame is an afterthought.

So what we end up with are endgame grinds and endgame leveling systems that come after you reach max level. You grind out ranks and medals and points and commendations and your reward is you can beat up the guy who has ground out less or you can slowly progress up a long grindy one-way raid path.

Fewer and fewer players will have the stomach for such miserable endgame structures. I don't. Nobody I know does anymore.

AOC is the perfect example

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

*snip*

from what you just said im guessing your a fresh 50. i hate to tell you, but fresh 50 is bad for everyone even before 1.2 there is to much gear difference. atleast in 1.2 you have a fighting chance now because they made bm gear so easy to get compared to 1.5 and down. so your lucky bro. i had to get my bm gear the old school way and the hard way compared to now. i dont understand why people still qq about the gear at 1.2 when it's so easy to get. only excuse i can think of now is people are just really lazy, and they just want everything handed to them. well if your this type of person, im sorry to break the bad news to you. but not only in mmo but in real life, nothing is ever handed down to you easy mode. everything is worked for and will always will be. the faster you accept this fact the better player and person you will become in life.

So the Ilum exploits were the hard way and people now have it easy? Wow, so the people who were first and got full BM in a few weeks had it hard? Do YOU even believe that?

imageimage